Only Per Hyams: Blake Baker offered DC

Yep, judge a persons abilities off of one game, makes good sense to me. Bama shoulda fired Saban after he lost to some lower level team in his first season. Did Fulmer ever lose to a lesser team before he won the Ntl Championship? Guess we shoulda fired him too. Guess you’ve never had an “off” day in your career either and we should all aspire to like you?
People on here would b**** even if we got the person they wanted.

If we hire this clown we are in serious trouble. He bolted before Miami ran him out of town and Diaz wouldn't even let him call the plays anymore. When he left Miami defense got lots better last year

Reactions: WxVol
If we hire this clown we are in serious trouble. He bolted before Miami ran him out of town and Diaz wouldn't even let him call the plays anymore. When he left Miami defense got lots better last year
I thought he just left a few weeks ago. I believe he was the DC all of last year. Not saying he’s good or bad I don’t know much about him or his track record.

Reactions: CA_Vol
But read more carefully man.

He was under Diaz for years. Brought into Miami as DC, but when Diaz said he was gonna take over the playcalling he left.

Baker had them stout last year. Not sure why Diaz took over playcalling.

Baker seems legit. 38 years old too. Definite up and comer.

He would likely definitely jump back up to be a DC.
Because they gave up 774 yards and 554 rushing to UNC...

He just left dude. I’d you’re gonna talk ****, at least google the guy first.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
While they finished the season with a respectable 8-3 record, something was awry. That something was Miami’s typically-proud group, defense. It seemed that Manny Diaz had made the necessary improvements to the staff and roster during the offseason. The addition of standout defensive end Quincy Roche and the emergence of Jaelan Phillips charged the hype behind the Hurricanes’ defense in 2020. While both Phillips and Roche surpassed expectations, both of which may be first-day picks in the NFL draft, Miami’s defense turned to a bend-don’t-break approach. Not only breaking in some contests but allowing a program-worst 778 yards to North Carolina in the regular-season finale. It was two-steps forward, one unexpected step back.
Blake Baker’s Departure Brings Opportunity for the ‘Canes

Jan 8, 2019: Baker explains what UM fans will see from his defense and what will make him better coach

In 6 seasons as a DC, Blake had one excellent year ('19 @ Miami), one very good year ('18 @ LA-Tech), and four mediocre-to-average years. His defenses' average national rankings over that period:
  • 44th in yards per play
  • 48th in total defense
  • 54th in scoring defense
Miami fell significantly in all 3 categories last year compared to '19.

I thought he just left a few weeks ago. I believe he was the DC all of last year. Not saying he’s good or bad I don’t know much about him or his track record.

He's terrible as DC trust me. All my Canes buddies was so glad Diaz took over D play calling. I hope we don't hire him or I'm hiding from my Cane buddies. I am already the brunt of all their jokes and teasing me about the Vols and this would be the icing on the cake for them to have more fun at my expense. Lol

He's terrible as DC trust me. All my Canes buddies was so glad Diaz took over D play calling. I hope we don't hire him or I'm hiding from my Cane buddies. I am already the brunt of all their jokes and teasing me about the Vols and this would be the icing on the cake for them to have more fun at my expense. Lol
Every time I start to get excited again, we get news like this. I'm about to 100% done with this s*** show.

Reactions: CeJayVols

VN Store

Back