one thing is for sure

The bets not over. UT is still likely signing at least 1 more. When the dust settles and all the commits are added for each team if UT isn't in the top 15, I'm gone.

Today was the first day to sign LOI's, not the last. Last year UT was 11th on NSD but slid to 13th a week or so later after other teams received more signed LOI's. Like I already said to 99gator, it looks like he's going to
win and congrats to him if he does. But it's
very close and not over. Ya dig?
No. Screw him. Don't leave. I PROMISE you he wouldn't have honored the bet.

Not going to lie, gonna miss the gifs if 02 isn't around.

The sad part here is 99 didn't really know anymore than anybody else, he just got lucky off some really bad luck from us. Santos and Peters were locks until the last 48 hours. A bet is a bet, I agree, I just think the way this one went down was BS.

It's cool of 99 to wave it off given the circumstances.

UTVOL03 just an idea.

This,

Plus same avatar,

Plus Kermit for 1st post, just so we confirm its you.

(Hard to do secret handshake on information superhighway.)

Pisses me off, I thought this bet was a no brainer!!!!

The bets not over. UT is still likely signing at least 1 more. When the dust settles and all the commits are added for each team if UT isn't in the top 15, I'm gone.

Today was the first day to sign LOI's, not the last. Last year UT was 11th on NSD but slid to 13th a week or so later after other teams received more signed LOI's. Like I already said to 99gator, it looks like he's going to win and congrats to him if he does. But it's very close and not over. Ya dig?

Just put a mustache on your avatar...:)

IIRC, the bet was made in the context that UT would be very hard pressed to finish in the top 25, much less the top 15. That was way back in the summer when there were very, very few commits and PaceFlVol was running amok in the recruiting forum crying wolf. Then, all of a sudden, we were booming seemingly everyday for about two weeks.

Through the season it still looked great. Even after the misses on JUCO signing day, top 15 still looked like a sure thing. Up until Santos and Peters flipping, UT finishing in the top 15 was a lock.

Really, we're arguing semantics now. He lost the bet to the letter of the law, but really won in the fact that he had the confidence to understand that we would sign an outstanding class, regardless of the Rivals ranking. The losses of Santos and Peters really killed the Vols in the ranking formula at the last second. In my eyes, he was right and those whining and crying about our lack of recruits during the summer were wrong, and wrong by a wide margin.

Reactions: 1 person
the ncaa hammer is not very powerful.

miami, ohio state, and usc are doing very well out there.

It's as strong as they want it to be. The NCAA is an absolute JOKE! They did something because they had to otherwise college football would be complete anarchy. Schools would be doing anything they could think of to get a recruit. BUT... while they did do "something" they still have to watch out for their own a$$. They had to punish but not so much that it effects them and their income they make off of the traditional powerhouses. J.O.K.E.

VN Store

Back