One of the best things about last night’s game...

I hate to say it, but I’d be extremely surprised if Tennessee beat them. Now, if a miracle could happen and the Huskies somehow fail to improve at all between now and January, but the Lady Vols make steady improvements every day leading up to the game, THEN I wouldn’t be surprised.

But let’s get real. Auriemma probably started his team practicing specifically to beat Tennessee today. lol He’s going to want to crush Tennessee by as big a scoring margin as possible. He may even have saved some plays that weren’t scouted by anyone. Who knows!?

All that said, if the Lady Vols can have a whole game with the magic we saw here and there last night, the Huskies for SURE won’t be breaking any scoring margin records.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not calling it for Tennessee yet. But I also don't think they need to play the game of their lives to win. They have a team that has the personnel to beat the team UConn can bring to the court. I also think Kellie will be able to get more out of her team than her predecessor was able to.

When this game was originally scheduled, I was dreading it. Now, I'm kinda looking forward to it. Bring on UConn!

Don't get me wrong...I'm not calling it for Tennessee yet. But I also don't think they need to play the game of their lives to win. They have a team that has the personnel to beat the team UConn can bring to the court. I also think Kellie will be able to get more out of her team than her predecessor was able to.

When this game was originally scheduled, I was dreading it. Now, I'm kinda looking forward to it. Bring on UConn!

Hell yeah!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don’t know what everyone else saw, but I saw a big, lanky team pound a smaller one. They also looked like a big lanky team that lacks ball handlers. There was one stretch when we were turning it over every other possession. I expect a lot of press from our opponents from now on. A couple of quick, good on-ball defensive teams are going to make us look silly, UConn is probably one of them. If they’re hitting open shots in transition and we get in foul trouble (a strong possibility on the road), it likely won’t be a good night.

I don't like Geno but have to admit his teams play like a well oiled machine. You run the plays and play D like its drawn up or you don't play, Mistakes are minimum. That's why opponents have to play so well against them. Not to mention he gets a lot of top level talent. If LV's can stay within 10 it would be considered a good showing.

Btw, the ESPN app says UConn playing Vanderbilt tonight at 7, on SEC network, if anyone wants to check out our future opponents. The tv does not say that yet, so we’ll see.

I'm liking all the positive things said, I feel the
same way. However there is going to be some
glitches and setbacks like poor Zaay. We just
have to keep it in the right prospective, 1 game at a time. Just trying to be pragmatic
about it. Great coaching staff 👍

VN Store

Back