One more coaching hire.

If they can get Freeze at rock bottom price( kind of like we got Barnes), they might. But I believe Freeze will be a hot commodity and I figure Fulmer will not have the stomach to out bid South Carolina for his services, especially with the state of economic realties and the un breakable tendency to go after up and comers.

If they can get Freeze at rock bottom price( kind of like we got Barnes), they might. But I believe Freeze. He will be a hot commodity and I figure Fuller will not have the stomach to out bid South Carolina for his services, especially with the state of economic realties and the un breakable tendency to go after up and comers.

Pay Freeze 5 mil of you have to. Like dude they'd make enough money and an insane profit in the first year under him alone due to hype to pay him, his staff, and all the buyouts. It's so stupid to get caught up in buyouts. If you create excitement for this program, you'd be rolling in cash

Pay Freeze 5 mil of you have to. Like dude they'd make enough money and an insane profit in the first year under him along due to hype to pay him, his staff, and all the buyouts. It's so stupid to get caught up in buyouts. If you create excitement for this program, you'd be rolling in cash
Hey, I don’t disagee. But I’ve watched this type hiring for 60 years. Don’t expect it to change now.

Reactions: UTK and Boston_Vol
Night crew here I guess. lol.

I've kind of moved on over the years to the Predators and Titans.

Would I still watch the Vols over both? Yes. Will I watch the Vols if the Preds are on and the Vols are getting blown out? No.

My fandom has decreased over the past few years. Not a big deal. If the Vols ever start winning again I'll enjoy watching them more.
Exactly, I kind of moved on myself. UTs formula doesn't work. You thinks with so many "smart folks" down there they can learn from their mistakes.

$$$ it's that simple. Plus Freeze has straight up said UT is his dream job in the past. Lmao

I wondered if UT was his dream job since he coached at Memphis Briarcrest and Lambuth University in Jackson Tennessee.
Makes sense.
51 YO just in the top years of a HC age wise.

Reactions: UTK
I wondered if UT was his dream job since he coached at Memphis Briarcrest and Lambuth University in Jackson Tennessee.
Makes sense.
51 YO just in the top years of a HC age wise.

Dude was obviously a UT fan as a kid. Has said several times he used to sneak into Neyland to watch games. He'd come here in a heartbeat.

Dude was obviously a UT fan as a kid. Has said several times he used to sneak into Neyland to watch games. He'd come here in a heartbeat.

My nephew was recruited by him at Lambuth ended up at Tenn Tech. I had never heard of him at the time. My brother in law said after their visit at Lambuth with Freeze. He was just blown away with his whole persona and actually wanted his son to go there. He reminded me of that when he showed up at Ole Miss, said players would run through a wall for him in his opinion.

Reactions: UTK
My nephew was recruited by him at Lambuth ended up at Tenn Tech. I had never heard of him at the time. My brother in law said after their visit at Lambuth with Freeze. He was just was blown away with his whole persona and actually wanted his son to go there. He reminded me of that when he showed up at Ole Miss, said players would run through a wall for him in his opinion.

Yeah he did some scummy things in recruiting but everyone that wins does. I think Freeze is a good ass football coach. Period. Players love him. That's the two things that matter.

Let me make this clear. I WILL NEVER JUMP SHIP. I will never jump ship to another team no matter how bad it gets. I love UT. BUT. I'm seriously thinking about jumping into the ocean. What I mean by by that is simple. No I will never be a fan of another college football team. Period. But I'm close to just not giving a **** about college football in general. One more coaching hire. The next one better be right or I'm perminately a college basketball fan. Period. Balls in your court UT.
Ohhhh nooooo!!!! 😭

Yea Huge Freeze will solve everything! LOL GTFOOH Remember when Clemson fans wanted to fire Dabo and Notre Dame fans wanted to fire Brian Kelly last year?

Yea Huge Freeze will solve everything! LOL GTFOOH Remember when Clemson fans wanted to fire Dabo and Notre Dame fans wanted to fire Brian Kelly last year?

🙄 Did you just compare our situation to Dabo under Clemson and Brian Kelly under Notre Dame. Dude I have no more words. That is the most idiotic thing I have ever read in my life. Just wow

Freeze would absolutely come here. We are the only ones that can make it happen. We can start by convincing fans to not attend the next home game.

🙄 Did you just compare our situation to Dabo under Clemson and Brian Kelly under Notre Dame. Dude I have no more words. That is the most idiotic thing I have ever read in my life. Just wow

You read into it wrong. My whole point is we can't keep firing coaches every 3 years. No coach in America would come here like this with no job security and neither will recruits and trust me other coaches WILL use this in the recruiting process. I do think a change needs to be made at OC and OL. I didn't like Chaney the first time but gave the benefit of doubt the 2nd time and all of you were fired up with stealing him from GA but GA fans were glad to see him leave but we need to move on and find a young bright mind. GA fans couldn't stand Friend either and has turned out to be a bad hire for us too. And Weinke is worthless

Exactly, I kind of moved on myself. UTs formula doesn't work. You thinks with so many "smart folks" down there they can learn from their mistakes.

Maybe they are not so smart. Repeating the same mistakes over and over

One thing ive noticed over the years and the last 3 hires. If us Tennessee fans came up with 5 great guys to hire that we all agreed on. They would still hire a sunbelt or conference USA coach and would give him an incredible buy out. This administration is scared to win or something...

Hockey just never interested me but I do need a replacement for UT football it seems soon. So maybe I'll check them out. Thanks. Anything has to be better than boring ass baseball. Would rather watch paint dry lol
You should give hockey a try. It is surprisingly interesting and a great winter sport to watch. I watch much less football now as I quit UT games about 3 years ago except for sporadic short views on TV. I like college basketball but havent watched NBA in 20 years. Hockey fills some of that void. I find myself watching increasingly more over time.

Let me make this clear. I WILL NEVER JUMP SHIP. I will never jump ship to another team no matter how bad it gets. I love UT. BUT. I'm seriously thinking about jumping into the ocean. What I mean by by that is simple. No I will never be a fan of another college football team. Period. But I'm close to just not giving a **** about college football in general. One more coaching hire. The next one better be right or I'm perminately a college basketball fan. Period. Balls in your court UT.
Well that did it......

You read into it wrong. My whole point is we can't keep firing coaches every 3 years. No coach in America would come here like this with no job security and neither will recruits and trust me other coaches WILL use this in the recruiting process. I do think a change needs to be made at OC and OL. I didn't like Chaney the first time but gave the benefit of doubt the 2nd time and all of you were fired up with stealing him from GA but GA fans were glad to see him leave but we need to move on and find a young bright mind. GA fans couldn't stand Friend either and has turned out to be a bad hire for us too. And Weinke is worthless
I mean if we keep firing we’ve got to luck into the right guy eventually. 😂

Reactions: CeJayVols

No we can't keep firing coaches every three years. That's why you do it one last time and get the homerun that's literally right for the taking. Period. Quit making **** hires already.

VN Store

Back