One mans perception... it appeared we treated like a scrimmage

thegasman54

Looked as if the staff thought we were so athletically superior that we would win easily regardless . So it was treated as a practice scrimmage , play a lot of people to get some gane experience for when the season actually started vs BYU. Yeah GSU it was their super bowl and they played well , very well

Looked as if the staff thought we were so athletically superior that we would win easily regardless . So it was treated as a practice scrimmage , play a lot of people to get some gane experience for when the season actually started vs BYU. Yeah GSU it was their super bowl and they played well , very well

I agree. We looked past Ga State.. very very bad move

My thoughts all game long

I believe this 100% . Play calling was very predictable. It was treated as a scrimmage, and staff got bit in the arse. We moved the ball pretty easy at end of half and end of game.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
I hope that is the reason for yesterday’s game and we rebound this week. If not the football program is dead for at least 5 years, maybe forever.

I still believe this is a classic example of looking ahead rather than staying focused. I believe we’ll be much better next week. If I’m right great if not then I’ll just except it for what it is.

I'm glad I opened this thread. I never start a post but was considering posting the exact same thought. I remember one of the talk shows talking about how they believed we would see a lot of different players in essence auditioning for spots because this was supposed to be a run away game. I fully anticipate a bounce back this week. It's disappointing that this may have been the approach our staff may have taken. If so then never do that again.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I still believe this is a classic example of looking ahead rather than staying focused. I believe we’ll be much better next week. If I’m right great if not then I’ll just except it for what it is.
Isn't "I believe we'll be much better next week", a classic example of looking ahead, rather than staying focused on the problem at hand??? I understand your desire to forget GS (we all want to forget it), but in order to move forward, I believe we need to acknowledge our short comings now. BYU is coming Saturday, no matter what, the clock is a ticking.

Isn't "I believe we'll be much better next week", a classic example of looking ahead, rather than staying focused on the problem at hand??? I understand your desire to forget GS (we all want to forget it), but in order to move forward, I believe we need to acknowledge our short comings now. BYU is coming Saturday, no matter what, the clock is a ticking.

No, it isn’t. You game plan for BYU something that didn’t happen obviously. You practice to correct the mistakes.

Reactions: Willie Hutch
No, it isn’t. You game plan for BYU something that didn’t happen obviously. You practice to correct the mistakes.
You have a point, but no amount of practice by the players is going to correct the coach's coaching.....just saying.

Agree 100%. One would think common sense tells would've told Pruitt that the first priority is to win the game. Worry about playing a bunch of guys after the game is in hand.

G State played with heart and we played with expectations. The moment it became a street fight we folded.

That falls squarely on Pruitt's shoulders

G State whipped our as*es yesterday simply because they wanted it more. We showed up expecting a show. They showed up expecting a brawl. Pruitt should be ashamed for not having his boys ready. When it was time to knuckle up our boys licked boot.

They say a team takes the identity of it's coach. What does that say about Pruitt?

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGAL27
IMO, Pruitt looked past Ga st big time. The defense was not even prepared to defend the OPTION! I have never seen a team so unprepared. Pruitt should give his paycheck for the Ga st game right back to the university.

Reactions: dduncan4163
IMO, Pruitt looked past Ga st big time. The defense was not even prepared to defend the OPTION! I have never seen a team so unprepared. Pruitt should give his paycheck for the Ga st game right back to the university.
D. Taylor said it multiple times

I'm glad I opened this thread. I never start a post but was considering posting the exact same thought. I remember one of the talk shows talking about how they believed we would see a lot of different players in essence auditioning for spots because this was supposed to be a run away game. I fully anticipate a bounce back this week. It's disappointing that this may have been the approach our staff may have taken. If so then never do that again.

Hmm.. Maybe that explains why Pruitt didn't care about this game and show zero emotion on the field.

Maybe he was too busy studying his own players to figure out where to put them against BYU and Florida.

Makes you think.

But still inexcusable.

Reactions: Bassplayer30074
You have a point, but no amount of practice by the players is going to correct the coach's coaching.....just saying.

They can coach.
They screwed up
It happens
Did Fl want to lose to GSoutbern?
Did Bama want to lose to Auburn on a blown kick coverage?
Did Georgia want to lose on a miracle Hail Mary

Things happen here more than there. It is what it is

I believe this 100% . Play calling was very predictable. It was treated as a scrimmage, and staff got bit in the arse. We moved the ball pretty easy at end of half and end of game.

If thats the case, and it’s a very reasonable assumption, that would explain the lifeless demeanor of everyone. They probably believed all the way up till it was too late that we’d still win.

They can coach.
They screwed up
It happens
Did Fl want to lose to GSoutbern?
Did Bama want to lose to Auburn on a blown kick coverage?
Did Georgia want to lose on a miracle Hail Mary

Things happen here more than there. It is what it is
Sir, you maybe 100% right on-and your insight into next week may be prophetic; however, I'm willing to wait until next Sat. Night, this is one of those "Time will Tell" moments. Can you predict a Final Score, as I'm considering placing a wager on next week's outcome?

Sir, you maybe 100% right on-and your insight into next week may be prophetic; however, I'm willing to wait until next Sat. Night, this is one of those "Time will Tell" moments. Can you predict a Final Score, as I'm considering placing a wager on next week's outcome?

I’m just going week to week. If we win great if not we weren’t suppose to anyway. Tennessee will be fine

I have been turning it over in my head and this too is the only explanation that halfway makes sense. Maybe by the time they realized that they were really in battle that they could actually lose, they just couldn't flip the switch.

It is a mistake that a first time HC could possibly make. Unfortunately for us, most novice coaches get to make that mistake in High School instead of on a National Stage.

Or then again, maybe Pruitt is just in way over his head. I just hope your theory is correct. We can't go coach shopping again for several more years.

Reactions: Volatility
Batterd Vol Syndrome at its finest right there folks. I hope you're right, but I'm not sure at this point. I've argued for my Beloved Vols from coast to coast and sea to shining sea and everytime I've had to eat my words in disbelief and shame. "This year is gonna be the year"!! Has been the motto since 01. I've been let down to much to care anymore. Yes I'll still watch, but I can't get excited about them no more. We've been sold fools gold for to long, I'm finally coming to grips with reality. Hey they should let inky coach them!! May not get much from an Xs and Os stand point but at least they'd be ready for war each night.

Reactions: Bassplayer30074

VN Store

Back