On God I promise we can beat Florida and Bama..

Can't predict the next game based on the previous game. 2015 was the closest TSIO of the decade. 2016 produced the biggest margin of victory in the continuous history of the series.
Were you more concerned about our impending matchup during the 2016 off-season than you are our impending 2020 matchup?

This season I'm picking Tenn to beat fla by 3 and take #2 in the East with a 9-3 record. I see fla also going 9-3 but losing the tie breaker to Tenn.

I think we’ll beat Bama before we EVER beat Florida again.

They’re stuck in our heads, hate to admit it.

People do have to cool down. Thrilled by our recruits, who recently were high schoolers. They need to be SEC-ized for us to beat the current SEC elites. We may get at least one bigshot in 2020 but 2021 is when we growl and seriously threaten to re-orange the conference. By then we'll have a really good QB at the helm, a rough and ready OL, and outrageously mean and nasty DL. However, 2020 will be an enjoyable though not fully satisfactory experience in itself. I'm ordering my gator skin jacket and gloves now before demand and prices rise.

Be careful as to what you promise before God. It didn't work out too well for Jephthah.
Judges 11:30-40

Reactions: Ratvol
We're more likely to beat Georgia than Florida if only because they don't have the same sort of voodoo. Alabama will probably be out for blood next year, but I still feel better about beating them than Florida.

We can be positive and realistic.

I think we have an actual fighting chance this coming season to go 8-4 or better. It all comes down to player development now since it’s clear CJP has gathered some top tier talent nationally.

That and our one gigantic unknown. Who is the QB going to be and how ready are they for SEC defenses.

I can’t wait to see how it shakes out.

So you're picking UGA to win the east? Not sure that happens.
Yes I am. Best defense, alot of new pieces on offense but probably won't have to score more that 30pts a game to win. #1 recruiting class, 3 straight top 2 classes and a bunch of raw talent on O to mix with some good experience. Fla and Tenn are inching closer to competing for the east just don't think they are there yet.

Can't predict the next game based on the previous game. 2015 was the closest TSIO of the decade. 2016 produced the biggest margin of victory in the continuous history of the series.
I’m not saying we’ll beat Alabama next year, just saying it’s more likely that we beat them than Florida based on how Tennessee has narrowed the gap (to whatever extent)with Alabama....and the fact that the gap has evidently widened vs Florida. Say what you want, but you guys are losing some historically good offensive players next year that are gonna be awfully hard to fully replace. Meanwhile, after matching Alabama’s physicality last year, we’ll be even better up front on both sides next year and we’ll be deeper.

That said, your ace in the hole is that Jarrett Guarantano will still be in the roster and Pruitt seems hellbent on playing him no matter what. If he plays, that negates everything I said about having a chance to beat pretty much anybody.

Reactions: saxvol and Titan05
Yes I am. Best defense, alot of new pieces on offense but probably won't have to score more that 30pts a game to win. #1 recruiting class, 3 straight top 2 classes and a bunch of raw talent on O to mix with some good experience. Fla and Tenn are inching closer to competing for the east just don't think they are there yet.
UGA returns 9 starters off the best defense in the SEC. Offense needs some work.

We’ll prob burn 2 winnable games on JG and then act surprised when BM or HB has to come in to get us crackin with limited 1st team reps. I hope I am wrong wrong wrong

Reactions: jarhead
Whenever Pruitt and Chaney can both replicate what they've done in the past, we will have a scary team. Not sure that's going to be this year though... fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ratvol
I definitely feel a different feeling in my gut than I have had. Maybe not Bama yet, but Florida....... why not. Just need to continue the momentum we had at end of season. It’s only a matter of time though. We just need to be consistent. I will always have faith! I love these guys! GBO!!!
Jalapenos

VN Store

Back