Oliver: TN has the potential to be playing the last game of the season.

Don't tell anyone about Pons' ball-handling. It can't be true.
Cmon man - everyone said he hadn’t shown good handles to this point and thought he should attempt to improve in that area to increase his draft value. Looks like Oliver is saying he has improved in that area which will be great for both him and the program if indeed he’s become a threat to attack the basket from the perimeter

Cmon man - everyone said he hadn’t shown good handles to this point and thought he should attempt to improve in that area to increase his draft value. Looks like Oliver is saying he has improved in that area which will be great for both him and the program if indeed he’s become a threat to attack the basket from the perimeter
A long story there. Pons HIMSELF said he was a better ball handler than what people thought. Of course, people proceeded to bash his statement. I agree that last year, at least during games, he didn't seem to be a good ball handler, but if the kid said he was decent I was willing to believe him. Others didn't, which is fine. If he's improved over last season, that is great.

Of course this team seems deeper at the moment. By the end of that 31 win team Barnes was only playing 7 or 8 guys total.

A long story there. Pons HIMSELF said he was a better ball handler than what people thought. Of course, people proceeded to bash his statement. I agree that last year, at least during games, he didn't seem to be a good ball handler, but if the kid said he was decent I was willing to believe him. Others didn't, which is fine. If he's improved over last season, that is great.
If he thinks he is and isn’t. He’ll add to the turnover stat.

What if Fulky comes out and says he has a good 3 point shot and proceeds to jack them up this season. At the end of the year he’s at a 18% completion rate. Would you consider him a good 3 point shooter because he said he makes them all the time in practice?

What if Fulky comes out and says he has a good 3 point shot and proceeds to jack them up this season. At the end of the year he’s at a 18% completion rate. Would you consider him a good 3 point shooter because he said he makes them all the time in practice?
I have no idea....keep arguing with yourself. I made a statement about what a player said about his own skills. I wasn't saying that player was right or wrong about his own assessment. However, I think players usually have a better take on their own abilities than others if they're being honest.

I think we take the players at their word. To this point with most of these guys they haven't seemed to be fibbers or a team of mostly hype. This team will be older and deeper and with several back, we should be better. I'm hoping our 7 footer has greatly improved his low post game, more so than Pons or Fulky to be honest.

Of course this team seems deeper at the moment. By the end of that 31 win team Barnes was only playing 7 or 8 guys total.

This. I don’t recall Barnes yet having a consistent rotation of more than 7 players for us. As I see it, we need a solid rotation of 9-10 throughout the season. Let’s see how much depth he has developed and what kind of rotation he is playing before conference play begins. We are not going to be cutting down any nets with a base rotation of seven players.

Reactions: volfaninpa
The sky is the limit for this deep roster and Johnson, Springer, Anosike and Bailey will push the others to be their best in practice or they will get lapped.

VN Store

Back