OLED vs. QLED, opinions?

Go aeiou

TnTrash
I'm considering an OLED. Pros seem to think they have the best picture, but some people don't like them.

any opinions?

I'm considering an OLED. Pros seem to think they have the best picture, but some people don't like them.

any opinions?
Plasma. Good tech, won't be out dated any time soon.

Seriously Samsung's QLED is in a class all its own. As the price tag indicates.

Hybrid OLED / Quatam sets are coming soon.

What looks best to you? You are the one watching it.

Maybe I'm just cheap but I have an $800 65 inch vizio and my buddy has a $3k Samsung. Yeah his looks a little bit better but for me personally, its just not worth the price tag. He also has a $150 sound bar and I have a $300 sound bar. People have different tastes and care about different things.

My last TV purchase was in 2017 and I was more concerned with full back lighting than anything else. Some of the more “budget” models had great resolution but they were center lit and I see the darkness in corners. I ended up getting a good deal on a 65” Sony.

My only complaint is it is not super receptive to my Harmony remote. Always seems to be the last thing to come on which is annoying.

I recently purchased a Samsung QLED 60A 65”. Nice picture, which I shouldn’t get so wrapped up in since I’m colorblind, and the only problem I have is that when I switch from HDMI input to any app, I have to turn my soundbar off and back on in order to get sound. It’s connected via optical cable.

I recently purchased a Samsung QLED 60A 65”. Nice picture, which I shouldn’t get so wrapped up in since I’m colorblind, and the only problem I have is that when I switch from HDMI input to any app, I have to turn my soundbar off and back on in order to get sound. It’s connected via optical cable.
If you have the option, connect via HDMI. Your tv should have an ARC HDMI port thats designed to connect audio devices.

I have 2 LG OLEDs - a 55 and a 65. Nothing compares to them IMHO. True black, vivid, rich, and natural color.

I'll add that the LG ones are very well calibrated out of the box. The Sony's probably are too but haven't had any experience.

only downside is you can get burn in if you leave it on the same channel with a chiron (eg. news channel) all day.

I just bought a Samsung QN84A 75” and am super happy with it. Got it for $1900 from Best Buy. Absolutely love it.

All the reviews I read said LG OLED is the best - just a little too pricey for me (around $3K).

I have 2 LG OLEDs - a 55 and a 65. Nothing compares to them IMHO. True black, vivid, rich, and natural color.

I'll add that the LG ones are very well calibrated out of the box. The Sony's probably are too but haven't had any experience.

only downside is you can get burn in if you leave it on the same channel with a chiron (eg. news channel) all day.

Bought a LG OLED 55" last summer... Love it... Agree with the above post completely

Judt bought center lit Samsung Tizen 70" LED. Perfectly happy. We can all agree the Samsung QLED and Sony QLED 8K's are in their own class.

Id never pay that kind of money. Would rather have a nice pleasant sounding mid range bar.

Considering a Sonos bluetooth speaker for my living room TV mounted over fireplace. (Im not running wire).

I've had nothing but Samsung QLED TVs the last 5+ years or so.

The only TVs Id consider "better" than Samsung is LG

Judt bought center lit Samsung Tizen 70" LED. Perfectly happy. We can all agree the Samsung QLED and Sony QLED 8K's are in their own class.

Id never pay that kind of money. Would rather have a nice pleasant sounding mid range bar.
I feel the same way.

My LG 42" just went out. It was maybe only 7 years old. Sound was fine. Main lighting went out. It already had about 6 light diffuser covers fall of, so it had white spots with certain brightness levels. Hadn't taken apart yet to super glue back in place. Had a fantastic picture. In the TV's defense, it basically ran 24/7/365. It was never off. If we weren't home it stayed on for the dogs. So I guess it's short life was comparable to many more years under normal on/off times.

The OLED's are cool in that the entire picture screen is a mat of individual pixel lights that get "glued" to the back of the glass and that's you TV. If one light goes out, the whole mat is replaced. Can't fix a single pixel. It may have been LG, but first one I saw after they came out, was a curved 55" glass, mounted on a harmon kardon sound bar base. That one was about $6 grand at the time.

VN Store

Back