Ole Miss vacating 33 wins

From 2010-2016. This is crazy!!! No postseason this next year either....just saw this on ESPN....

I think their postseason ban was for '17 and '18, but that may be splitting hairs, because they won't be bowling too often with Matt Luke as HC.

I'm curious to see how they came up with multiple vacated wins between 2010 and 2014 along with five in 2016, but somehow they didn't play any ineligible players in 2015.

I think their postseason ban was for '17 and '18, but that may be splitting hairs, because they won't be bowling too often with Matt Luke as HC.

I'm curious to see how they came up with multiple vacated wins between 2010 and 2014 along with five in 2016, but somehow they didn't play any ineligible players in 2015.
I think some of this has to do specifically with just Laremy Tunsil. Tunsil was out for the first 7 games of 2015 while his eligibility was under review, and when he was ultimately ruled ineligible he missed the rest of the season. He never played in 2015, and they got to keep all those wins. He also missed the Presbyterian game in 2014 due to injury and it was the only win from that season Ole Miss gets to keep. Tunsil also missed the Auburn game that year, but that win was vacated, so someone else must've played who was ineligible.

They also got to keep the bowl game win from 2013, which Tunsil played in. Was he not getting paid in 2013?

Besides Tunsil, who else was ineligible?

I think some of this has to do specifically with just Laremy Tunsil. Tunsil was out for the first 7 games of 2015 while his eligibility was under review, and when he was ultimately ruled ineligible he missed the rest of the season. He never played in 2015, and they got to keep all those wins. He also missed the Presbyterian game in 2014 due to injury and it was the only win from that season Ole Miss gets to keep. Tunsil also missed the Auburn game that year, but that win was vacated, so someone else must've played who was ineligible.

They also got to keep the bowl game win from 2013, which Tunsil played in. Was he not getting paid in 2013?

Besides Tunsil, who else was ineligible?

I'd have to go back and read the ruling. It's been a while, and I don't recall specifics.

You're right that Tunsil was the issue in 2014, and was thus irrelevant to 2015 due to his suspension. But Ole Miss obviously had at least one player who was ineligible for 2016. So was Tunsil the only guy they paid in 2014 and '15? And did the guy that cost them wins in '16 not play in '15? That may be the case, but it seems a little odd that they lost games for paying players for Freeze's entire tenure, but they conveniently didn't play any ineligible players for one entire season.

I'd have to go back and read the ruling. It's been a while, and I don't recall specifics.

You're right that Tunsil was the issue in 2014, and was thus irrelevant to 2015 due to his suspension. But Ole Miss obviously had at least one player who was ineligible for 2016. So was Tunsil the only guy they paid in 2014 and '15? And did the guy that cost them wins in '16 not play in '15? That may be the case, but it seems a little odd that they lost games for paying players for Freeze's entire tenure, but they conveniently didn't play any ineligible players for one entire season.
Do you have a link to the ruling? I'd be interested in seeing who the specific players were.

It must not have ended up being a very large number of players, but there's no way Tunsil was the only guy they paid. Tunsil also missed the 2014 Auburn game, but they lost that game (I was wrong and called it a win in my previous post) so there was no win to vacate. There was always a lot of smoke about Laquon Treadwell, but he played in every game in 2015 and as we've been saying there weren't any vacated from that season.

So perhaps Tunsil was the only guy they actually ruled ineligible from 2013-15? Obviously there were others, since the vacations go back to 2010 and extend to 2016.

Ole Miss is good for an NCAA screwup about every 10 years or so. They're like Alabama's envious, goofy cousin.

Reactions: VolNExile
Colonel Reb is crying.......

tenor.gif

Who has more vacated wins? Ole Miss or bama. That had to put Ole Miss on top. Probably still close though

Ole Miss’s wins were vacated rather than forfeited, so that’s not quite how it works. It still counts as a 7 win season.

Nothing I do with butch ..... I never understood that BS . You have two teams playing a game ( having a competition ) that involves winning or losing as the end result . One team cheats to win the competition the other team plays by the rules . When the school that cheats is investigated and found guilty , the games they won is just “ vacated “ it’s not a win or a loss , the other team isn’t credited with the win it’s just nothing . Smh

Nothing I do with butch ..... I never understood that BS . You have two teams playing a game ( having a competition ) that involves winning or losing as the end result . One team cheats to win the competition the other team plays by the rules . When the school that cheats is investigated and found guilty , the games they won is just “ vacated “ it’s not a win or a loss , the other team isn’t credited with the win it’s just nothing . Smh

Now imagine if/when Bama gets nailed. They’ll be vacating decades worth of wins.

Reactions: onevol74

Coincidentally, the season Ole Miss won the Sugar Bowl and finished in the top 10.

VN Store

Back