Ole Miss stole a win

Trash move by a trash university. If they chose to not tarp the field then they should be disqualified on that alone.
Well to be fair they weren't going to finish that game last night, tarp or no tarp. Radar showed massive thunderstorms for hours. I think the "start the game earlier" is a more valid argument here.

Well to be fair they weren't going to finish that game last night, tarp or no tarp. Radar showed massive thunderstorms for hours. I think the "start the game earlier" is a more valid argument here.
They are suppose to make a reasonable effort to preserve the game being played. They didn’t attempt to do that at all it seems. They were probably just butt hurt they had lost the previous night and didn’t care if the game was cancelled. Either way it’s a bad look for them.

That's so lame. It's such a dumb rule. In what other sport can it just be stopped before completion and you just arbitrarily decide a winner based on who was winning at a particular moment in time? If there's no way to finish the game or reschedule it, then it just shouldn't count at all. Ole Miss is of course incentivized to not do anything to make the field playable because they know as long as the field is deemed unplayable they have the win in their back pocket.

Trailing top of 7th 5-4 to LaTech. Rain came, Ole Miss didn’t tarp the field and took the rainout with score reverting to bottom of 6th 4-3 Ole Miss.

LaTech coach ain’t happy

Trailing top of 7th 5-4 to LaTech. Rain came, Ole Miss didn’t tarp the field and took the rainout with score reverting to bottom of 6th 4-3 Ole Miss.

LaTech coach ain’t happy

I guess LA won’t be playing Ole Miss next season.

VN Store

Back