Ole Miss in Neyland 2021

Why do people think the players and coaches will be fired up extra for this game. It will have been 12 years since Kiffin left which means the current players would have been between 6-9 years old when it happened.

That is going to be one hot ticket to watch us give a long-deserved beating to Lane Kiffin. As much as I will enjoy him annoying the you know what out of Saban, I’m really looking forward to us whipping his butt! Who else is in this camp?

I am curious. How long was Kiffin’s contract for and how big was his buyout?

He is entertaining and the media loves him. He will turn OleMiss quick, especially with that QB. Only glad he will usually have to beat LSU, Bama and/or Auburn to get to us in the SEC championship game.
We gotta beat bama, Georgia and Florida is we are gonna be in it so we definitely still a few years away before we could actually say we have a shot at the sec title

Should be. But Kiffin is inheriting quite a bit of young offensive talent. It'll be interesting to see what he does with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has them in a bowl next year and making some early noise in 2021.
I’m not trying to start an argument here but it seems odd to me that people think kiffin will be able to turn around a pretty crappy ole miss team by middle of his second season there but we are always told it takes at least 3 or 4 years to start to get things turned around here... I mean am I to believe ole miss is a better job than UT now? And ole miss is in the harder division at the moment. Again I’m not trying to start an argument but it just seems weird to me.

I’m not trying to start an argument here but it seems odd to me that people think kiffin will be able to turn around a pretty crappy ole miss team by middle of his second season there but we are always told it takes at least 3 or 4 years to start to get things turned around here... I mean am I to believe ole miss is a better job than UT now? And ole miss is in the harder division at the moment. Again I’m not trying to start an argument but it just seems weird to me.

I think he'll turn it around into a pretty good program eventually. However, we'll beat that tail for him in 2021...I think one could make the argument that Ole Miss is a gold mine for recruiting. They're location puts them in a real good area...Kiffin is gonna pull kids from high traffic areas like LA and TX......What sets us apart is our army fan base and tradition.....As long as CJP keeps us moving forward, we'll always be a better program

Last edited:

I get what you’re saying and it makes sense. Ole Miss isn’t devoid of talent. I personally believe that’s it’s easier to turn things around faster with a dynamic offense than it is to build up with a stout defense and a balanced offense. It’s why I wasn’t a big fan of hiring Pruitt at the beginning (didn’t dislike him, just think an offensive mind is better for a rebuild).

Ole Miss will get their 1st win over a ranked team under the Kiffin era.
It's the Tennessee way.

VN Store

Back