Ole Miss extends Bianco. Mark him off LSU's list. Not liking this at all

Give Tony V the 1.5M but more importantly, you got to make his staff financially secure and give him the facility he wants. UT does all that and I think they'll have their man signed up for the long haul.

I hear what you’re saying. If he leaves it’ll be AD White’s responsibility to secure a suitable replacement. We cannot fear success, I know that.

I agree completely. If CTV leaves (and I think he will), White needs to double down on the upgrades and go after another great coach.

There is no denying what CTV has done in Knoxville. But, he is a young coach (who knows, he could be like Kirby Smart and hit his ceiling early), and it would be crazy for any of us to think that he is the only good young coach we can get.

To your point, though, we can’t be afraid to go big regardless of what happens.

I agree completely. If CTV leaves (and I think he will), White needs to double down on the upgrades and go after another great coach.

There is no denying what CTV has done in Knoxville. But, he is a young coach (who knows, he could be like Kirby Smart and hit his ceiling early), and it would be crazy for any of us to think that he is the only good young coach we can get.

To your point, though, we can’t be afraid to go big regardless of what happens.
You’re right but if tony leaves I doubt anything gets done with baseball until another coach is in this position. Interest in baseball will vanish over night and the UTAD won’t spend on something the fans no longer care about since it wouldn’t make them any money in the first place

You’re right but if tony leaves I doubt anything gets done with baseball until another coach is in this position. Interest in baseball will vanish over night and the UTAD won’t spend on something the fans no longer care about since it wouldn’t make them any money in the first place

That would be unfortunate.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Just goes to show you a school can't just go out, throw money around, and get whomever they want. That's the case in any sport.

If LSU even spoke to Vitello at all, it didn't reach the stage of a formal offer . This thread is vintage VolNation.

LSU will offer +/- $2 million for the guy they want, and I don‘t know if “who they want” would take it………

Here you go...
Vitello didn’t want to negotiate a new deal during the season so as not to be a “distraction’’ to the team or staff.
“The healthiest thing for anyone involved with the Vol Nation was for some things to get moved down the road, so maybe things happen later than some expected,’’ Vitello said.
“There’s progress being made every day.’’
Vitello did not indicate a time frame for signing a new deal. Sources said Vitello could make between $1.2-to-1.5 million per year with an extension that would take him through the 2026 season.

VN Store

Back