Old-school RuneScape

So I read a quote some time back that said something along the lines of "People never quit Runescape, they just take breaks" ... My recent break was 400+ days and I just recently came back and downloaded mobile grinding my way to 99 Slayer lol. I need some friends though because I currently only have one and it's someone I know irl. So add me Starkaryen.

So I read a quote some time back that said something along the lines of "People never quit Runescape, they just take breaks" ... My recent break was 400+ days and I just recently came back and downloaded mobile grinding my way to 99 Slayer lol. I need some friends though because I currently only have one and it's someone I know irl. So add me Starkaryen.

That quote is accurate lol. I'll add you, I don't have many buddies who play either. I've been kinda sorta on a break, just periodically grinding some skills for the fremminik diaries.

Edit: my rsn is the same as my volnation, hunter10139

Reactions: Stoked
@Hunter10139 typing in-game on mobile is a disaster lol...but I really do appreciate you giving me the supplies! I had to blow 6m on getting the gear and TBP.

I went with the Verac's helm/plateskirt, fury, and blessed body, vambs, and boots. I didn't use a ring because I don't have an archer's ring. Does that gear setup seem ok? I went with the verac's to help tank with the rangers plus for the prayer bonus.

Inventory setup: 3 range, 1 stamina, 8 brews, and 16 restores?

I went through so many brews early on because I was afraid of using prayer and was tanking the rangers in the early waves. That was a huge mistake. Also I was confused. Do I need to sip 3 times on brews and then once on the restore?

@Stoked
That setup seems fine. I prefer going fully offensive and using full guthix dhide but I'm also very experienced in safespotting and pray flicking so I don't need the verac's defensive bonus. I think a lot of people go with your setup and it could help if you make mistakes or need to tank some damage.

I recommend 1-2 range pots, 6-8 brews and the rest restores. Only bring a stamina if you're having issues with run energy. I would start out with 8 brews and adjust down if you need more restores.

For early rangers use your prayer and save your brews. If you learn how to pray flick, you will really save on supplies but for now, just play it safe and burn your restores. As far as brews go, just think of them as your food and remember to drink a super restore dose to bring your stats back up after you use one or more brew doses. The 3 doses of brews thing is just the maximum doses for which your stats can be restored with one super restore dose. More than 3 brew sips and you'll need more than one super restore dose to get your stats back up. Also, if possible, wait to take a brew dose until you also need to restore a chunk of your prayer too. That way you restore prayer and stats, instead of only restoring stats.

@Stoked keep trying bud, it's going to seem hard at first. You just need practice. Pro-tip: don't worry about sound. Just pay attention to what he does. If his feet hang in the air, pray mage, if he stomps, pray range. If you wait for sound, you will probably die.

If you make it to the healers, attack one, then look back at jad to see which prayer, then attack another and immediately pay attention to jad again. Repeat until all 4 are aggroed on to you.

@Stoked keep trying bud, it's going to seem hard at first. You just need practice. Pro-tip: don't worry about sound. Just pay attention to what he does. If his feet hang in the air, pray mage, if he stomps, pray range. If you wait for sound, you will probably die.

If you make it to the healers, attack one, then look back at jad to see which prayer, then attack another and immediately pay attention to jad again. Repeat until all 4 are aggroed on to you.
Yeah I was watching his feet but I guess I got too worked up and messed up on the prayers. It just sucks because it takes like a hour + to get to him. I’m thinking about switching the verac’s for different range gear to get a better bonus like you mentioned. I about 2 brews left and a handful of restores. I might save up for an Archers ring and try again after I have that.

Yeah I was watching his feet but I guess I got too worked up and messed up on the prayers. It just sucks because it takes like a hour + to get to him. I’m thinking about switching the verac’s for different range gear to get a better bonus like you mentioned. I about 2 brews left and a handful of restores. I might save up for an Archers ring and try again after I have that.

If you want to try to go for more damage but less defense, full god d'hide will help with that. Guthix has the same stats as the other dhides and is cheaper just so you know.

If you want to try to go for more damage but less defense, full god d'hide will help with that. Guthix has the same stats as the other dhides and is cheaper just so you know.
Wow so I just found out that if Jad raises his back foot it's range and if he doesn't it's mage. I think that will help a lot with prayer switching. I have been watching his front feet the whole time and I think it's easier watching just the one back foot. Do you listen for the sounds or watch his feet @Hunter10139?

@Hunter10139 So I ended up killing all of the healers...but still found a way to blow it and mess up my prayer switches lol this is getting super frustrating. At this rate I'll get 99 range in the caves lmao.

Last edited:
@Hunter10139 So I ended up killing all of the healers...but still found a way to blow it and mess up my prayer switches lol this is getting super frustrating. At this rate I'll get 99 range in the caves lmao.

Trust me, this is normal. If you made it through the healers you're almost there.

As far as watching jad, I just watch his feet. I don't use the sound.

Made it to him again but didn’t even make it to the healers smh. I’m done it’s way too hard on mobile. The prayers lag when you switch. @Hunter10139

@Stoked Nah, I've killed him several times on mobile, it's very doable. If you are having lag I recommend using wifi or only trying in an area where you get good signal. Don't give up man, I think it took me something like 12 tries to beat the caves and 6 I didn't even make Jad.

@Stoked Nah, I've killed him several times on mobile, it's very doable. If you are having lag I recommend using wifi or only trying in an area where you get good signal. Don't give up man, I think it took me something like 12 tries to beat the caves and 6 I didn't even make Jad.
Bump, everyone drop usernames if you want to play.

Bump, everyone drop usernames if you want to play.
Hunter10139 , I'm experienced in most pvm areas outside of tob and inferno. I'm glad to do stuff with experienced players or newbies, anyone feel free to add me.

Edit: My private is usually set to friends so I'll appear offline until we add each other. Be sure to put your username here so I can add you and so we will appear online to each other.

Last edited:
Zulrah will be very different from jad. It's much more difficult mechanically but, you don't have to go through waves to get there. I would recommend that you try to learn each of his 4 rotations 1 at a time.

VN Store

Back