Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

If the Lady Vols don’t take down UConn on 1/23/2020 it won’t happen next year. It’s now or not for a while
I see Davis, Rae, Green, Massengale, Jordan, Key, Kasi as a better unit than this yr. All should improve and having a year under their belts, all the returning bench will as well. They have a much better shot next yr at home. Geno is old and health is failing, he is slipping.

I see Davis, Rae, Green, Massengale, Jordan, Key, Kasi as a better unit than this yr. All should improve and having a year under their belts, all the returning bench will as well. They have a much better shot next yr at home. Geno is old and health is failing, he is slipping.

I agree that Tennessee will be much improved next year, but UConn will be a better, deeper team than they are this year. I think they only lose their PG, and they replace her with the #1 recruit, plus an assortment of wings and post depth.

UConn is basically a four player team. They've got nothing on the bench. Match or limit the production of those four, and you have a shot. If Tennessee's army of 6'3+ posts can get UConn's center in foul trouble, they have a real shot at winning. Without her, they have zero size to fill in the gap.

UConn is heavily favored, but I believe Tennessee has an outside chance if Davis/Horston are on top of their games, they take advantage of team height, and really get after it defensively. Slim chance, but the chance is there.

I agree that Tennessee will be much improved next year, but UConn will be a better, deeper team than they are this year. I think they only lose their PG, and they replace her with the #1 recruit, plus an assortment of wings and post depth.

UConn is basically a four player team. They've got nothing on the bench. Match or limit the production of those four, and you have a shot. If Tennessee's army of 6'3+ posts can get UConn's center in foul trouble, they have a real shot at winning. Without her, they have zero size to fill in the gap.

UConn is heavily favored, but I believe Tennessee has an outside chance if Davis/Horston are on top of their games, they take advantage of team height, and really get after it defensively. Slim chance, but the chance is there.
Yes, from the starting lineup they lose only Dangerfield. They add Beuckers and 4 other players.

I agree that they have to limit the four double digit scorer for UConn. And Tennessee does play some tough defense. But UConn has the ability to take apart aggressive defenses so it should be interesting to see how that plays out.

I'm not sure that your “army” of 6’3”+ posts can get Nelson-Ododa in foul trouble. I haven’t seen them with enough Offense to do that. And Nelson-Ododa only has 26 fouls in 10 games.

I do disagree about having nothing on the bench. They go 7 deep with 8 players in double digit minutes. And the bottom four players shoot 50% from the field 37% on threes and have a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. In other words, in their limited minutes they contribute.

It’s going to be an intense game.

Reactions: mcannon1
7 deep with 8 players? damn, we only get to play 5 at a time. no wonder gee no wins. lol

But they're right in a way,,,might want to think about your entire audience,,,Kids parents, future players,,,
I've been here a while and there are several types of trolls,,trolls to infiltrate, trolls monitoring the site to keep up wiht the competitions on the next fan-level,, or Those who are other university fans 1st and UT fans 2nd,, etc

The unwanted trolls are about 10%
I guess we have to have a little pepper with our salt.

?

Well KARMA smacked Fulmer in his dense head, so it might be nice if he didn't hold a grudge against Westbrook for telling the truth about Holly's atrocious coaching and how far the Lady Vols had sunk??? The only thing Holly did well was recruit?? Now Kellie has to clean up the mess she left, but It's gonna take another season at least.

I still think it is important to know that what you do will have consequences. The sooner this endowed generation learns this the better. I would have allowed the young lady to play if what I wanted would have made a difference. if we really cared about the student they all could play where they wanted in any given year just like the coaches can go when they want, without sanctions. so let’s not be hypocritical.

I still think it is important to know that what you do will have consequences. The sooner this endowed generation learns this the better. I would have allowed the young lady to play if what I wanted would have made a difference. if we really cared about the student they all could play where they wanted in any given year just like the coaches can go when they want, without sanctions. so let’s not be hypocritical.

endowed or entitled?

endowed or entitled?

You know what was meant😂😂😂😂😂. But still funny. And, imo, the relevant points are “play” and “hypocritical”. So I gave you both a like👍.

Hope you are feeling better.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Yes I agree with you... There are some fundamentally good coaches out there and he is one of them.... Good to see the women's game increasing quality of their coaching ranks each year.... as the game improves...

As for the game next month I really think we will hang with them.... KJH knows what she is doing....

LasVegasBill23, are you connected in some way to the Burrell family, or do you just happen to be a longtime Lady Vol fan who is probably extra-psyched about having a hometown player to cheer for? :cool:

All the best to the Lady Vols and their fans!
Love, Geno

Et tu, Geno?

5abe5f5a295fa231008b464b

SR6NODBHBYI6RNBUH2SA6N77RE.jpg

geno-auriemma-uconn-coaches-playersjpg.jpg

AP_19351127816308.jpg

114.jpg

Last edited:
It was difficult to stomach and the research made me queasy, but the sacrifice was worth it in service of the greater narrative.

Look at it this way:

One picture of Kellie is worth five of Darth What's-His-Name.

Especially when Kellie is sending the toddler to stand in the corner in Time Out.

Last edited:
It was difficult to stomach and the research made me queasy, but the sacrifice was worth it in service of the greater narrative.

Look at it this way:

One picture of Kellie is worth five of Darth What's-His-Name.

Especially when Kellie is sending the toddler to stand in the corner in Time Out.
Et tu, creekdipper? Then fall, Geno!

Reactions: creekdipper
Of course actions have consequences as well they should! As far as being hypocritical you need look no further than AD Fulmer where he wanted his player and made a fuss when the NCAA disagreed, but didn't likewise feel Evina should have the same chance? Who's to say the player he wanted isn't entitled, or endowed in your words. Either way it's almost a moot point now as Evina needed additional surgery and will be unable to play for some time, the Lady Vols finally have a good coach and Holly is now calling games for ESPN:

VN Store

Back