Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

Another take is that Geno's first priority is to stand up for his player. Obviously she feels as if UT hurt her some way or she would still be here and he is giving voice to her feelings. She is in a very emotionally charged situation and he is reflecting her attitudes. His job is to get her to calm down, heal up and get ready for next year.
...while bashing a rival program in a classless way in order to try to affect recruiting, since he knows Kellie is on the verge of rejuvenating the program.

https://www.tennessean.com/videos/s...onn-phillip-fulmer-lady-vols-evina-westbrook/

A free opportunity to bash Tennessee, to make Tennessee out as the villain and assign them blame, and to position himself and his program more positively? How could he pass that up?

Spoiler alert: HE COULDN'T.

Mmmm. I'm getting the distinct impression that this home-and-home with them is going to be a war.

I prefer we tell them "screw you" play someone else that will make you and ESPN money. WE DON"T NEED YOU or ESPN!!!

Another take is that Geno's first priority is to stand up for his player. Obviously she feels as if UT hurt her some way or she would still be here and he is giving voice to her feelings. She is in a very emotionally charged situation and he is reflecting her attitudes. His job is to get her to calm down, heal up and get ready for next year.

BULL SH_T!! He needs a point guard and she was to be it. He has to start "laying the blame" somewhere as he messed up finding and preparing a point guard on his own.

Seriously! Have you not seen their recruiting class for next year! This year is the year they can be beat!

Have they signed?? This too can change as it does for every team before the name is on the bottom line.

BULL SH_T!! He needs a point guard and she was to be it. He has to start "laying the blame" somewhere as he messed up finding and preparing a point guard on his own.
He knows he doesn't have a national championship team for 2020. This will make four years in a row without one. That is what is driving this.

Reactions: savannahfan
I'm late to this story, so sorry if it's spelled out in another thread, but what does Westbrook say happened to her at UT?

Seriously! Have you not seen their recruiting class for next year! This year is the year they can be beat!

They should be better next year but still no lock for a final four or national championship like years past. Will be other teams right there or better.

What he did was make an overpromise to Evina that she'd get the waiver, but then she didn't. Regardless of what he's saying, I guarantee you he feels worse for how this makes HIM look than for how it worked out for Westbrook. That arrogant, vindictive SOB should never have made that promise. In his infinite (in his mind) wisdom, he thought the NCAA would roll over for him because he'd made such a show of expressing his confidence that it would happen.

Well, oops.

I've been on record all along saying that I'd hoped that Evina would get her waiver, and so I'm truly disappointed for HER. Unfortunately, having that smug, lying, cheating, vulgar, wine-guzzling windbag for a coach makes it very difficult for a lot of people to feel sympathetic to Evina.

I still wish she and her family had waited just a little while longer to let the craziness settle down and to give Kellie just a little bit more of a chance before running off to Storrs. But then, we really don't know how long she'd been in touch with Auriemma -- perhaps long before anyone suspects. He WOULD cheat like that, ya know.

I think the proper response by UT is NO response. He sounds like some kind of moron with this stuff so let it linger out there for all to see. Ole saying..."when you wrestle with a pig you both get filthy but the pig doesn't mind"...

You do realize comparing Geno to a pig is insulting to pigs, don't you? Pigs have useful purposes: BBQ, bacon, sausage, footballs ect. And if your name is Hannibal Lector, there are other uses not listed. If your name is Fred Ziffel, you might even have a pig as a family member.

The only thing a pig has in common with Geno is the stench. But the pig's stench remains confined to it's actual presence. Geno's stench is carried to a much broader area. So, respect the pig. A much nobler creature than Geno could ever be.

And the beat goes on.....

She has to sit out a year, like most players that transfer do, but somehow it is all Fulmer's fault. Typical Geno.

Our men's basketball player, that set out last year, has to sit out another consecutive year, but our program is not crying about it. Some people!

...while bashing a rival program in a classless way in order to try to affect recruiting, since he knows Kellie is on the verge of rejuvenating the program.
Geno is Geno. I never met anyone that I can defend 100%. He's from Philly. And Kellie is on the verge of rejuvenating the program and I am glad.

Ah, how sweet of him and his noble action. Dream on; Geno just wants her to be eligible, and he despises Tennessee.

Neither sweet or noble; just what a good coach will do. I'm sure he wants her to play. Just like you would like her at UT. He just said they need a lot more than Evina to be good this year.

As I said, wahhhhh that she isn't eligible this year. Immediate eligibility should only be granted in extenuating circumstances, and this doesn't come close.

Weno Soggy Enema can choke on a bag of rocks.

Says he did not understand the criteria for transfer? I knew she would have to sit out and I don't coach basketball. It's always a bad environment once you make it clear you want to transfer. She is trying to make it bigger than it is, if not then spit out the details of what happened. The only thing thats clear is, this man needs a point guard.

So Geno alleged, on the record, that UT mistreated a player and created an unhealthy environment for that player and should be investigated for all of it. He provided 100 pages of documentation in an attempt to support his allegations, then was denied a waiver and lost on appeal before not one, but two, different committees. So he pitched his case three times and struck out three times. If he had even a crumb of quasi-credible evidence in those 100 pages, Evina Westbrook would be playing this week.

There's looking like a fool... then there's proving it, doubling down and reproving it to remove all doubt.

Geno is Geno. I never met anyone that I can defend 100%. He's from Philly. And Kellie is on the verge of rejuvenating the program and I am glad.
I like Kellie and that was a great win over ND, but she has to recruit better if she’s going to be the one to bring UT back. There were four in-state 5 star recruits this year, and she couldn’t land any of them. The two Hamilton Heights kids I can understand because they probably didn’t grow up in Chattanooga, and I didn’t expect to get Alasia Hayes given what happened with her sister at UT. But Madison Hayes should’ve been a layup.

Reactions: mcannon1
I like Kellie and that was a great win over ND, but she has to recruit better if she’s going to be the one to bring UT back. There were four in-state 5 star recruits this year, and she couldn’t land any of them. The two Hamilton Heights kids I can understand because they probably didn’t grow up in Chattanooga, and I didn’t expect to get Alasia Hayes given what happened with her sister at UT. But Madison Hayes should’ve been a layup.
Typically it takes 3 years to recruit a 5* player. The players Kellie had relationship with for this year were at her old school and not UT quality. The LV cupboard is not bare and Kellie will be restocking now that she can sell the LV brand.

If you consider the Canadian player (6'3" wing) who plays on the Canadian National team and the Polish point guard he has coming in along with Paige Beukers (who Geno says is better than Diana T as a high scooler) with the other 2 top 20 players. It may be the best class in the country for 2020. For 2021 he has the top post and 2nd shooting guard in the country and may be in the lead for Azzi Fudd and another top player. Evina Westbrook may have a hard time getting playing time.

Typically it takes 3 years to recruit a 5* player. The players Kellie had relationship with for this year were at her old school and not UT quality. The LV cupboard is not bare and Kellie will be restocking now that she can sell the LV brand.
It took John Calipari about 5 minutes to start signing 5 stars at Kentucky. The Lady Vols job is, or at least should be, the women’s basketball analogue to Kentucky. Even Holly was able to get elite recruits.

He is just crying around because Harper and Co. are making moves on some of the same players he is recruiting. This is a recruiting tactic. Tennessee wont support you if you leave and heres why you shouldnt go to Tennessee.
Seriously! Have you not seen their recruiting class for next year! This year is the year they can be beat![/QUOTE]
If you consider the Canadian player (6'3" wing) who plays on the Canadian National team and the Polish point guard he has coming in along with the number 1 by hoopgurls, Paige Beukers (who Geno says is better than Diana T as a high scooler) with top 20 Mir Mclean and y6'5" Gabriel, it may be the best class in the country for 2020. For 2021 he has the top post, 6'5" DeBerry, and 2nd shooting guard in the country and may be in the lead for Azzi Fudd and another top player. Evina Westbrook may have a hard time getting playing time.

VN Store

Back