Oklahoma SEC Dominance

U didn't read the comment huh?? I said we would beat everyone they played with the exception of Baylor & Ok St. BTW neither one of those schools are better than Bama & UGA who we played, in fact we would have a better shot at Baylor & OK st then this year's OU would against Bama & UGA

Tennessee would have struggled with Iowa State as well.

Huh……..so the 96 million from LSU…….what?

He took the easy road……..nothing really wrong with that…….however “that” is exactly what he did.

The easier job is USC hands down. If I had to pick between the two and the money was comparable, USC all day. LSU would have to offer 50% more..... Not sure why so many people are triggered by Riley making a personal decision.

The easier job is USC hands down. If I had to pick between the two and the money was comparable, USC all day. LSU would have to offer 50% more..... Not sure why so many people are triggered by Riley making a personal decision.

Im
not sure many folks are really “triggered”…….except probably OK fans……….folks just like to rag on coaches……….especially coaches who just did what he did.

I won’t be the next coach at LSU”

“Lol……cause I’ll be at USC”

Good, bad or indifferent…….fans just like to rag on coaches when we can……..it’s part of being a fan of a different team.

Oklahoma's schedule will be tougher in the SEC, but they will also gain a recruiting advantage for being in the conference. And they will be recruiting places in the midwest from which few current SEC schools have been harvesting.

At some point in the future--if the injury numbers and NFL draft numbers corroborate--players are going to begin weighing the benefits/risks of going head-to-head for 3-4 years against SEC schools, versus playing at a school where you only have 2 or 3 challenging games per season. And that could start a trend against playing for an SEC school.

Won't happen next year, but it's the kind of shift that would tip quickly once the numbers get out (if they indicate that).

This is the ONLY reason Riley is now the coach at USC……and not the coach at Oklahoma or LSU.

He skeered……..he knew what was coming…..he didn’t want to become a younger Jimbo Fisher.
I wouldn't want to be a young, middle-aged, or old Jimbo Fisher. ;)

They're both blue bloods. May benefit them, may not. The competition level is about to step up a level for both though. Big 12 isn't the SEC.
Correct. Also consider the attrition OK will see as a result of Riley leaving. How many transfer, how many decommit, etc etc. Unless they promote from within, which I gather isn’t an option BC most are following Riley, it’ll be difficult to be successful immediately

How do u know this??? Iowa st had the same record as us with an easier schedule.

How do you know that?

Our wins were Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Vandy. I don't see how those programs are better than Kansas State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU, etc.

People said the same thing about Missouri and Texas A&M. Aggies came in and won 10 games plus beat Alabama in year 1 while Missouri won the SEC East 2x.
Perspective is a cruel schoolmaster. Timing is crucial. Marry those thoughts.:rolleyes:

texas’ admin is clueless. They just lost to freaking Kansas. They will lose royally in the SEC. OU will do marginally better. They will be a Miss State level team.

Oklahoma’s dominance IMO will be brought to a screeching halt once they join the SEC and play the level of caliber of teams we see every week (ok, minus Vandy and a few others). We played something like the 2nd most difficult schedule (correct me if I’m off a few). Play Bama, Georgia and Florida every year! The SEC overall has been a brutal conference to reach those 10+ win per season milestones. OU will be competitive, but going and winning the conference championships at the rate they have been isn’t likely to happen. Thoughts on agree or disagree?
The vols are the only team that plays bama, Florida, and Georgia every year. Then throw another sec west team in mix and usually a bog non conference game every year.

VN Store

Back