Oklahoma Opens As 7 Point Favorite

Seem perhaps a bit low. With JG, early in the season, breaking in a new receiver corps, against a good team, I'd say we are limited to 14-17 points. Not sure that's enough to win, and in fact I would have expected the line to be closer to 10.

Flame away if you will, but JG limits us. Regardless of whether he is the 'best' option, with him at QB, we don't have a complete set of options on offense.

It is what it is.

Seem perhaps a bit low. With JG, early in the season, breaking in a new receiver corps, against a good team, I'd say we are limited to 14-17 points. Not sure that's enough to win, and in fact I would have expected the line to be closer to 10.

Flame away if you will, but JG limits us. Regardless of whether he is the 'best' option, with him at QB, we don't have a complete set of options on offense.

It is what it is.
Yep

Reactions: Lilcarl731
I hope we develop a power running game and run it down their throats. With a Nation Leading O-line (for ONCE!)

JG becomes a non-factor...for you "JG Haters"

It is what it is.

High powered offense...mediocre defense. If Tenn struggles to put up 14-17 points, then SEC defenses are really going to give us trouble.

It is what it is.

Defense comes up big. CJP serves up some nasty blitz packages that confuse the young QB. Pick6 and a fumble recovery from a sack helps set us up for easy scores. 23-16 Vols win in Norman vaulting them up the Top 25 rankings. Setting them up for a showdown against the undefeated Gators.

I think that number is based on what we're bringing back more than what you are bringing to the table even with the unknown at QB for us.

Reactions: VolnJC
I hope we develop a power running game and run it down their throats. With a Nation Leading O-line (for ONCE!)

If JG Becomes an “nonfactor” whether it’s us not needing to throw the ball due to a great running game with him playing........or because he’s been benched due to being beaten out or due to his poor play, it’ll definitely help our chances to win the game.

What is our oLine leading the nation in?
Obviously talking about our OL potential to be one of the better OLs in the country with 5 stars Smith, Wright, Morris and 6th year center Kennedy. Then throw in 5 star Cade Mays if he gets eligible. That’s potentially a GREAT OL....I assume that’s what he meant, which is correct.

It is what it is.
They're also breaking in a new QB.

Reactions: feathersax

Yep all Vols - 38-14 with the good guys rushing for a school high of 587 yards and 5 TD's and the Okies only points coming on the two passes we tried - both ending in pick 6's :p lol

Reactions: feathersax
CJP has us on a roll-we'll go into Norman Undefeated (for the season) and leave the same way, I'm smelling a NATY!!!!

UT easily wins this game. CJP has us on a roll (a winning roll), all the players have bought into the program, we've just finished with super recruiting results-I'm smelling a NATY...

UT easily wins this game. CJP has us on a roll (a winning roll), all the players have bought into the program, we've just finished with super recruiting results-I'm smelling a NATY...

google 'NATY'. (it's the eco-friendly diaper below, which you wouldnt wanna smell)
Baby_Diaper_Eco%20by%20Naty_Size%204-90px_650x650.jpg

A lot of orange colored glasses in here......but hey, its the off season, so we are all entitled! :cool:

No one 'hates' JG. As I've said MANY times, JG strikes me as a good kid, gutsy as heck, who wants to win. A VFL to the core. That said, he just cannot seem to get the game to slow down for him, and he cannot throw a consistent deep ball or sideline pass to save his life.

They're also breaking in a new QB.

Frankly, I'd rather be breaking in a new QB ourselves...........

VN Store

Back