Oklahoma looks legit, would have liked it...

Georgia State says howdy.
Was thinking same thing...we've not shown we're a good early season team...we should handle SC, but something tells me we're going to struggle....if every instinct I have about Vols is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right...
1600012875943.jpeg

Iowa st losing to the the Ragin Cajuns was the big early season upset this year, see it happens damn near every season, however some love to bring up a loss from last year that doesn't have a thing to do with this season and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Living in the past doesn't do a thing for the future

Iowa st losing to the the Ragin Cajuns was the big early season upset this year, see it happens damn near every season, however some love to bring up a loss from last year that doesn't have a thing to do with this season and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Living in the past doesn't do a thing for the future

I watched the 2nd half of that game and honestly it looked like Louisiana has the better athletes out there (FCS or not). Either Louisiana is decently good or IowaSt is terrible or some combination in between.

Reactions: GrizzlyVol
I watched the 2nd half of that game and honestly it looked like Louisiana has the better athletes out there (FCS or not). Either Louisiana is decently good or IowaSt is terrible or some combination in between.
Not gonna bring up our last debacle since it’s ancient history, but week 1 is when these things happen. Regardless of the reason. Bet all these chuckle headed teams who got upset, would win next 9 in a row if they played 10

Also agree. Louisiana looked to outclass them in skill positions. That’s dumbfounding

Feel like the big overlooked trend right now is that a lot of these Midwestern schools struggle to recruit because there's little talent in that region. All the talent is in the South and in California. So some of these G5 schools in the South are way more talented than people realize. Especially in Louisiana, which is chock full of talent, a good chunk of which is getting overlooked by places like LSU.

I don't believe they were the better team but they definitely wanted it more, you can see when Iowa st gave up and was prepared to take the loss

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Ga State was only in their 2nd or 3rd year as a G5 team. About 10th year even having football. It’s not like they were Ga Southern or something. No excuse. Most embarrassing game in UT history.
Actually, they had been one for 7 years. The loss was embarrassing but so what, i can name 5-6 other similar losses in UT's history. Or Florida's, Or Alabama's, Or any other powerhouse program

I know it's lowly Mz State, but man Spencer Rattler has that OU offense running smooth.

It would have been fun to play them this year to see if our ( believed to be) much improved deffense could slow them down.

Who knows, way things happen we just might see them down the road...

Yeah, but how would they have done against the Ragin' Cajuns or Arkansas State?

I know it's lowly Mz State, but man Spencer Rattler has that OU offense running smooth.

It would have been fun to play them this year to see if our ( believed to be) much improved deffense could slow them down.

Who knows, way things happen we just might see them down the road...
Idk but ever since watching him on qb1, can't stand that kid.

Reactions: IndianaVol
That's right, had forgot all about that show. Details around his departure from the team were sketchy at best...one minute he's suiting up to play in a title game and the next it shows him watering the front lawn ???
giphy.gif

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back