Oklahoma looks legit, would have liked it...

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
I know it's lowly Mz State, but man Spencer Rattler has that OU offense running smooth.

It would have been fun to play them this year to see if our ( believed to be) much improved deffense could slow them down.

Who knows, way things happen we just might see them down the road...

I’m glad we’re not playing them. We already have one of the toughest schedules every year due to bama being on top (and them being our permanent cross division game). I know we picked up ta$m but they’re no Oklahoma

Reactions: Volanta and FBtime
I know it's lowly Mz State, but man Spencer Rattler has that OU offense running smooth.

It would have been fun to play them this year to see if our ( believed to be) much improved deffense could slow them down.

The only want to beat OU is to run the ball and work the clock...........i believe we are capable, but yet to be proven if we can execute that strategy.

Good thing we didn’t have to play them this year....would’ve completely dismantled and embarrassed us if we had.

Georgia State says howdy.

Georgia State would dismantle Mizz State lol.

I feel like even a year later some clarity needs to said on the G-State loss: Georgia State is a G5 team, they beat a P5 team (us) last year. The only reason it’s a truly terrible loss is because G-State wasn’t a very good G5 team the prior year.

A G5 team beats a P5 team quite frequently. It literally happened today... TWICE... on the first day of football. Georgia State was a terrible loss, but people need to stop acting like we lost to a D-2/FCS school.

EDIT: Correction... a G5 team beat a P5 team THREE times today.

Last edited:
The only want to beat OU is to run the ball and work the clock...........i believe we are capable, but yet to be proven if we can execute that strategy.
That wasn't exactly LSU's strategy. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to play them, and I think it would have been a close game. Their defense is slightly above average.

I live in Springfield, MO (home of MO State). They‘ve NEVER had a legit football program! Never. Basketball, yes. Football, no. In fact, back in the day, Evangel University of Springfield (NAIA) beat MO State in football in the FIRST YEAR OF THE EU PROGRAM.

Comparing OU greatness needs to wait for a legit contender.

Georgia State would dismantle Mizz State lol.

I feel like even a year later some clarity needs to said on the G-State loss: Georgia State is a G5 team, they beat a P5 team (us) last year. The only reason it’s a truly terrible loss is because G-State wasn’t a very good G5 team the prior year.

A G5 team beats a P5 team quite frequently. It literally happened today... TWICE... on the first day of football. Georgia State was a terrible loss, but people need to stop acting like we lost to a D-2/FCS school.

EDIT: Correction... a G5 team beat a P5 team THREE times today.

Ga State was only in their 2nd or 3rd year as a G5 team. About 10th year even having football. It’s not like they were Ga Southern or something. No excuse. Most embarrassing game in UT history.

Reactions: vol1981 and Alto1
1. Oklahoma is going to be a really good team. They've won 10 or more games in 17 of the last 20 years. Why anyone would think that they weren't going to be the class of the Big 12 again is beyond me.

2. Missouri State stinks. You can't make any judgments off of that at all. I have more faith in Oklahoma's consistency as a program than whatever it is they did Saturday.

3. Tennessee hasn't played yet. So, we don't know anything yet about Tennessee.

4. What we do know if is for the vast majority of NCAA football teams, walking into Norman, OK, and coming out with a win is extremely difficult.

Ga State was only in their 2nd or 3rd year as a G5 team. About 10th year even having football. It’s not like they were Ga Southern or something. No excuse. Most embarrassing game in UT history.

VN Store

Back