Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

Hate it. Dump A&M, Mizzou, Arkansas & say no to UO (it’s the university of OK) & TX. Expand the conference with teams from the SE. Clemson, FSU, UNC, Miami, etc.

OU and Texas have more money and clout than all of those schools combined, they also have a bigger market share.

I think Michigan, Ohio St, Oregon, Southern California, and possibly the Ontario Otters have a real shot at getting in the SOUTH EASTERN CONFERENCE.

Last edited:
I guess Texas having the "Texas Sports Network" isn't working out for them after all.

If the SEC added OK and TX, then UT would have a damn hard time being relevant again. Alabama and Auburn would come to the east, Mizzou would go to west.

Reactions: rich4pres
So, just for my benefit, how far south and east does the SEC extend?

If I had it my way, to be considered as part of the SEC, the university campus would need to reside east of the Mississippi River and South of Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. If you are outside this region then you don't belong in the SEC. So basically the states of Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, North/South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and LSU specifically (while most of Louisiana is west of the Mississippi, LSU's campus is JUST on the east side). If your university resides in any of these states, you would be regionally eligible to be in the SEC....IF I had it my way! :)

Arkansas, Mizzou, and Texas A&M, sorry! You would be voted off of the island! I never did, and still do not believe these universities belong in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pappy and knoxvol16
Know the feeling. I wish I was twenty again, that gas sold for .40 a gallon, that I still had my 67 MGB...
Know the feeling. I pulled out my old Kansas Leftoverture album I haven't heard in probably 20 years. My God how brilliant the music was back then and the complexity of it. Pure genius. All that is gone now, replaced with women rapping about their snatch.

If the SEC added OK and TX, then UT would have a damn hard time being relevant again. Alabama and Auburn would come to the east, Mizzou would go to west.
You are either a SEC school or you are not. Time for UT to decide what our future will be. If it is the administration’s desire to remain mediocre then I am sure there are mid-level athletic conferences out there that can meet our needs.

If money rules all, the Southeastern Conference could rebrand with the assimilation of OU and UTx. Or, they can follow the lead of the "Big Ten" and not do so. Everyone I know calls them the Bee-One-Gee. I suppose the Ess-EE-See can muddle onward.

Just a thought: What if, instead of two divisions of 8 teams there are four divisions of 4 teams (SEC North, East, South, West)? This format could provide more flexibility in scheduling internal conference games and would likely result in an SEC playoff format with the winner being crowed SEC champion.

You are either a SEC school or you are not. Time for UT to decide what our future will be. If it is the administration’s desire to remain mediocre then I am sure there are mid-level athletic conferences out there that can meet our needs.
Great point

A damned hard conference becomes impossible. Until U..T. gets tired of shooting itself in both feet, the only championships that will show up in Knoxville will be televised. (Excepting baseball).

I’ve seen this posted, I don’t know if this is true, and if it is how binding it is. Certainly not legally, and if not where are the people who made this “pact”? Dead? Most important though the college landscape has drastically changed.

Considering Mizzou & A&M have only been in the league a few years, I doubt everyone is dead. Very likely that the players have changed thou but the finances have not and in A&M case, the hate hasnt

Considering Mizzou & A&M have only been in the league a few years, I doubt everyone is dead. Very likely that the players have changed thou but the finances have not and in A&M case, the hate hasnt
I heard this same thing posted during the last realignment. So I guess A&M and Mizzou entered the pact upon joining? Maybe they aren’t dead but university admin, BOT, etc turn over. If there isn’t some kind of written legally binding agreement then it doesn’t mean anything. Im just skeptical that some kind of agreement like that exists

VN Store

Back