Oklahoma and Florida OR Georgia and Bama

Ok it's late and I was just thinking about our schedule next year. If you could have a guarantee of winning 2 games and had to choose between beating OU and UF or UG and Bama which would you choose. I would take Florida and Oklahoma as that would give us a 5-0 start needing 1 more victory for bowl if we beat the teams that we should. What say ye?

Bama and Florida

Ill take Bama and Florida...We need to become relevant in our own conference again before we talk about National Attention. Beating OU would be nice though.

Bama and Oklahoma! The other 2 are beatable!

Florida and Bama. UGA always finds a way to blow the division championship anyway. :)

Bama and Florida.. We could lose every other game on the schedule and I would be happy with the season if we beat Florida and Bama

It sure seems like a lot of posters don't have a very good grasp on what the OP's question was.

Reactions: 2 people
Georgia is loaded and we are playing at their house, so no.

I don't think we beat UGA, but I keep hearing this "Georgia is loaded" talk and I'm really not buying it. Georgia is loaded at RB and that's pretty much it. I think people are seriously overestimating a Georgia team without Aaron Murray. He was that program for the last 4 years, and they pulled out a LOT of last minute wins because of his crunch-time play.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think we beat UGA, but I keep hearing this "Georgia is loaded" talk and I'm really not buying it. Georgia is loaded at RB and that's pretty much it. I think people are seriously overestimating a Georgia team without Aaron Murray. He was that program for the last 4 years, and they pulled out a LOT of last minute wins because of his crunch-time play.

You have to remember they played the better part of last year missing a lot of talent due to injuries, and most of those players are back and healthy. But to your point, even if they are not as good as most think, that's still much better than we are right now, and again, its at their place.

This is like asking if you would rather piss out a kidney stone or have your spleen removed.

I'll take Bama and Florida. We can always exact revenge over OK in the playoffs and steal GA recruits from under Richt's nose.

Ok it's late and I was just thinking about our schedule next year. If you could have a guarantee of winning 2 games and had to choose between beating OU and UF or UG and Bama which would you choose. I would take Florida and Oklahoma as that would give us a 5-0 start needing 1 more victory for bowl if we beat the teams that we should. What say ye?

Call me an ahole but I want to beat all the above. After watching auburn last year, why not us.

last seasons UT game for example

Seems like a lot of people misread the OP.

OU/UF or UA/UGA. Not pick 2. The OP was inferring that UA and UF are our biggest rivals, so if you had to pick 1, which would it be. He paired them with OU and UGA to balance it out. It would be an obvious pick if he put UA and UF together

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Bama.....
tumblr_m4dkdamInP1r61nfto4_500.gif

1362344802_tumblr_inline_mi9yy7gTrw1qz4rgp.gif

the-governor-kill-them-all.gif

These are nationally televised games...so I'd be happy with good close games that go into the 4th. No blow outs. I'd be happy with that and pulling a win out in 1 of those at the least. But honestly to me losing them all, but competitive in all 4 of these games will tell me more than just winning 1 game due to a miracle play and/or opponent key injury then getting blown out in the others. I look towards the future, and don't hang my hat on a season with 1 "any given Saturday" type of win. That's just me though...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Florida is a must win in my eyes losing to a team for a decade is pathetic. Especially when they are nothing resembling a elite team

No, he's right. We're Vandy to them.

Right now, when Florida and Bama fans look at their schedules and try to project win-loss records, they don't hesitate to say "win" when they get to the UT game. Kinda like we used to do with Vandy. That's just the truth.

Right now, when Florida and Bama fans look at their schedules and try to project win-loss records, they don't hesitate to say "win" when they get to the UT game. Kinda like we used to do with Vandy. That's just the truth.

I'd like to think that we're that way again with Vandy and KY, but it's sad that those are the only 2. I remember when UGA was normally a W. Oh well. We'll be back very soon.

There was a time not so long ago that we were chalking Bama up as a W but that in no way meant they were not viewed as a rival. Maybe some younger fans were feeling that way but anyone in their 30s knew better.

I don't think any honest FL fan is counting us as a gaurenteed W this year, last year, or the year before that.

VN Store

Back