Okay It Has To Stop Now,,,if you care about the Vols...

you can get behind the program. put your money where your mouth is.

Hey Joe my money has been and is behind this program; I got my first football season ticket when I was 12 in 1968. After completing my grad studies at UT in 1981 I got season tickets again and have held them ever since; Donor since the mid 90s; I support my alma mater and home state school.

We just fired arguably the most successful coach in our program's history and hired a question mark. I understand the sentiment around here completely.

And just why did we fire him? Now, we have to wait until June to see what the NCAA is going to do to us...but because he could not tell the truth.

AMEN!!! *****ing isn't going to get a new coach. What we DO HAVE is a young coach that has a MAJOR upside and WANTED to be here!

This argument in favor of coaches is getting old. What does it say about Mike Hamilton as an AD that the only people who "want to be at UT" are guys that have never been successful and nobody has ever heard of prior to the day their hiring is announced? This same crap happened when Dooley was hired last year. I can only hope Hamilton isn't around to make the next football hire in a couple years.

A little more proven?

Guy has three years head coaching at a school I've never even heard of.

But he did make it to the second round of the NIT.

You've probably heard of it, but they just changed their name a few years back. It was formerly know as Southwest Missouri St. It's the same school that blew UT out by 30 points in the second round of the NCAAT in the Jerry Green days.

To the OP, Seriously? Shut up. Nobody cares if your feelings are hurt because people are down on this hire. We have opinions so maybe you should take your advice and just leave if you don't want to hear them. This was a bad hire IMO. I hope I eat crow down the road but he's unproven. Besides a 'feel good' cancer story, him playing ball a couple of years in the NBA..blah. It doesn't matter. I'm looking for a basketball coach that can out coach Billy D, take some guys away from Calipari, and hammer Kevin Stallings. I don't want a buddy that is nice on tv, a good coach!

get behind this hire. The kids associated with the program deserve the fans support. Time will tell whether this was a good hire or not, but in the meantime those of you that feel compelled to tear down the program, and our new coach, please give it a rest. It serves NO VALID PURPOSE at this juncture.
Hamilton's fate will be what it will be. The new coach hasnt even gotten here and many are ready to bury the program. What would Bruce want you/us to do? Show your ORANGE and get behind this team NOW. Thats what a Tennessee Volunteer does.

Agreed. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, support the University of Tennessee.

A little more proven?

Guy has three years head coaching at a school I've never even heard of.

But he did make it to the second round of the NIT.

Go support Pearl, the lying piece of trash that he is.

Last edited:
Stuntin a habit: my feelings arent hurt; Im just disappointed to see elements of our fanbase respond with immature knee jerk negative reactions to this hire which show that many just dont get where we are at this point; I wont waste any more time trying to explain why we are not in a position to hire a "big name coach";

To the OP, Seriously? Shut up. Nobody cares if your feelings are hurt because people are down on this hire. We have opinions so maybe you should take your advice and just leave if you don't want to hear them. This was a bad hire IMO. I hope I eat crow down the road but he's unproven. Besides a 'feel good' cancer story, him playing ball a couple of years in the NBA..blah. It doesn't matter. I'm looking for a basketball coach that can out coach Billy D, take some guys away from Calipari, and hammer Kevin Stallings. I don't want a buddy that is nice on tv, a good coach!

:crazy:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We just fired arguably the most successful coach in our program's history and hired a question mark. I understand the sentiment around here completely.

Pearl would have been just as much of a question mark after serving a two year suspension. Yes, he had great success here, but there is no way he comes back the same coach as before. Gone is his speech of doing things the right way. He lost credibility. Anytime he recruited a kid he would be battling against other coaches constantly reminding the family how Pearl had asked a recruit and his dad to lie for him. How much of a hypocrite does he look like trying to turn in a rival coach years ago for cheating, and now getting caught cheating himself? NCAA scandal isn't just something that disappears. It's sad that era is over, but it was over the moment Pearl lied to the NCAA.

Here's to hoping Martin can be successful. Hopefully in a few years, he will have us back on track. People are going to have to accept at least a year or two of mediocrity considering the potential state of the roster. If Hopson and Harris leave, we're not left with much.

Oh lord the whole athletic department is going to shut down because vol fans cant agree on a coach with a mediocre resume.

On the plus side, if the athletic department crashes down, no more MH :loco:

VN Store

Back