Ok, knowing everything we know now.....

Currently Tennessee has only beaten an FCS team. How do people seriously believe Tennessee will now win 5 of the remaining 7?

Hey I want Tennessee to win them all. I’m also hopeful they can win some. However 5 of 7 (vs FBS teams, when you haven’t beaten any FBS team) seems a huge stretch.

Maybe some don't. Maybe they just don't know so they say how many they hope to win cause they understand that what they say and what others on a message board thinks of them makes Zero difference in anything.

Maybe some don't. Maybe they just don't know so they say how many they hope to win cause they understand that what they say and what others on a message board thinks of them makes Zero difference in anything.

It doesn’t matter, but like you they won’t give an answer......but they’ll still reply.

“7-5 losing to Bama. 6-6 at worst”
“IF Maurer can stay healthy all season, we finish 6-6”

“Come out, look good, and win that game, 6-6 is not out of the question”

“We win 6 games overall with a possible win over SC making it 7 wins.”

“7-5”

“6-6”

“6-6”

Lots of people think it, and that is fine (some hope it....and that’s fine) I said “how do people seriously believe Tennessee will win 5 of the next 7”......still wondering.

Just looking for the reasoning.

what is the final win-loss record?

Mississippi State
@Alabama
South Carolina
UAB
@UK
Bye week
@Missouri
Vanderbilt

Just curious with everyone knowing everything about depth, Butch's recruits, watching the team play 5 games, the quality of opponents, etc., to see where people think the rest of the year is headed.
I don't see us favored in a single game, minus maybe UAB and even then I don't like our odds. We'll probably win 1 or 2 more games.

Reactions: jakeaaal
2-10 or 3-9. We still don't know who this team is. Or isn't. Possible 4-8 but the next few games will tell.

For the third straight year Missouri will finish top 20 in offense. Love what Dooley and that offense is doing there. One of the best schemes in college football.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
What took them so long to start Maurer ? That’s the real question. The answer would be different
Harrison Bailey. They were trying to insure they get him signed. That may not be so easy if we have a successful freshman QB.

We beat UAB and Kentucky. Lose the other games.
I’m afraid UAB comes out with that win. We have a better chance with UK and VU simply because of the rivalry factor....and I’m afraid VU just has our number right now.

It doesn’t matter, but like you they won’t give an answer......but they’ll still reply.

“7-5 losing to Bama. 6-6 at worst”
“IF Maurer can stay healthy all season, we finish 6-6”

“Come out, look good, and win that game, 6-6 is not out of the question”

“We win 6 games overall with a possible win over SC making it 7 wins.”

“7-5”

“6-6”

“6-6”

Lots of people think it, and that is fine (some hope it....and that’s fine) I said “how do people seriously believe Tennessee will win 5 of the next 7”......still wondering.

Just looking for the reasoning.

I told you, maybe they don't know why they think that. Some may not know enough about it to know any better. Some people follow it on Saturday and that's it. You gave a reason in one of your exampkes, some simply think if Maurer stays healthy we can win all of them except Alabama.

Some people just don't care as much as others but care enough that they want to be involved and participate in conversation.

Edit: And about me not giving an answer but replying, I haven't said how many I think we win. I don't know. We could win all but Bama, or could lose all of them. I don't know.

I told you, maybe they don't know why they think that. Some may not know enough about it to know any better. Some people follow it on Saturday and that's it. You gave a reason in one of your exampkes, some simply think if Maurer stays healthy we can win all of them except Alabama.

Some people just don't care as much as others but care enough that they want to be involved and participate in conversation.

Edit: And about me not giving an answer but replying, I haven't said how many I think we win. I don't know. We could win all but Bama, or could lose all of them. I don't know.

I was saying, all that is good.....but dang surely some of these people have real reasons.

I’m sure some just hope and don’t think of actual reasons. But surely there are some (who think Tennessee will win 6 games and go to a bowl) who have thought it out.....and have reasoning behind their thinking.

I want to hear from those......heck others, reasoning (especially if valid) can help my own.

I was saying, all that is good.....but dang surely some of these people have real reasons.

I’m sure some just hope and don’t think of actual reasons. But surely there are some (who think Tennessee will win 6 games and go to a bowl) who have thought it out.....and have reasoning behind their thinking.

I want to hear from those......heck others, reasoning (especially if valid) can help my own.

Short version. I don't know how many more he's gonna win this year. He could be the crappy coach some say. Wouldn't surprise me to lose out or go bowling.

Honestly, I have a hard time accepting he's this bad, there has to be more to it. I'm not convinced he's gonna get any better, but I definitely haven't given up completely.

Short version. I don't know how many more he's gonna win this year. He could be the crappy coach some say. Wouldn't surprise me to lose out or go bowling.

Honestly, I have a hard time accepting he's this bad, there has to be more to it. I'm not convinced he's gonna get any better, but I definitely haven't given up completely.

Lol, sry I wasn’t trying to put you on the spot, for you to give me an answer.

I just figure someone out there has their mind made up and has their own reasoning.

But thanks for the answer.

I hate it (I seriously do) but for now I have given up on Pruitt. But as stated before if Tennessee can pull out 5 wins (total).....I could quickly get back on board. Which probably means I haven’t “totally” given up on him.

However for me more than wins and losses (as a fan I’ve seen it before and can handle it) I want to see continued improvement on the field (week after week, consistently). Continued improvement in recruiting. Continued improvement on the basics and fundamentals. I also want to see Tennessee start to win “most” of the games they should win (once I see all the other stuff).

I don’t think that’s asking for much. I just haven’t seen that yet (remember......consistently).

Harrison Bailey. They were trying to insure they get him signed. That may not be so easy if we have a successful freshman QB.
Eh. Dont buy it.

JG had done everything you re supposed to do before the first game to be the starting QB as RS Jr that started the previous year. They weren't refusing to play an obvious upgrade that had no experience because of a recruit. JG forced the change moreso than Maurer just taking the spot.

Last edited:

Pretty much this.

It's not gonna make me feel better if I just assume they re not gonna win another game because they lost to Ga St 6 weeks ago.

If he beats UAB but goes 0 for the SEC it wont be too hard to figure out where this is going. Until that happens theres no reason for me to just assume that happens.

Reactions: Behr
Pretty much this.

It's not gonna make me feel better if I just assume they re not gonna win another game because they lost to Ga St 6 weeks ago.

If he beats UAB but goes 0 for the SEC it wont be too hard to figure out where this is going. Until that happens theres no reason for me to just assume that happens.
If he goes winless in the SEC would you support firing him?

VN Store

Back