OK Fellow Experts on Women BB, pick the 16 teams that will host first rounds

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Tennessee hosts, despite the fact they more than deserve the honor. Doing what's right doesn't seem to be high on the selection committee's priority list, at least when it comes to Tennessee. Hope they prove me wrong this time.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Tennessee hosts, despite the fact they more than deserve the honor. Doing what's right doesn't seem to be high on the selection committee's priority list, at least when it comes to Tennessee. Hope they prove me wrong this time.

I just feel like our schedule is impossible to deny this season. Sure, we didn’t win many of those games, but we had the guts to play them. Weren’t many we just were not in either.

If we had known TK had an issue earlier we might have won a few of those. You could tell she was visibly struggling to get up and down. I feel bad for having pointed it out so much but it was clear she was struggling.

We have no bad losses but only 1 really quality win over LSU. I think our win over Ole Miss was impressive as well, they’re a tough team and we controlled them on the road.

Last edited:
We have no bad losses but only 1 really quality win over LSU. I think our win over Ole Miss was impressive as well, they’re a tough team and we controlled them on the road.

The Colorado win was a very good one, too, even if it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time. Looking like they’ll be a 5-seed, and could’ve been hosting themselves if not for an early exit from the PAC-12 tourney.

The Colorado win was a very good one, too, even if it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time. Looking like they’ll be a 5-seed, and could’ve been hosting themselves if not for an early exit from the PAC-12 tourney.

Yes, that was a quality win for certain. They were without Frieda Formann when we played and she’s a huge part of what they do. Even so it was a good one for our resume.

Reactions: travis929
I don’t think North Carolina hosts. ACC was weak. They aren’t getting 4 schools in the top 16.

And I’m aware that’s not what the experts would say. I wasn’t impressed with the ACC this season though. Louisville was supposed to be the best team I believe and they were meh. NC State was no good at all, Notre Dame was good until Miles went down, now they are one dimensional.

If VaTech is leading that conference something is wrong. They have a veteran team but as we saw when we played them they just aren’t that tough. TK had clots in her lungs and we still had an opportunity to win that game. Had we played in February instead of Nov I think we would have handled them easily at home.

Duke is probably the best team in that conference based on their defense alone but they can’t score the ball to save their life.
LOL........You said "Expert" I know you're not talking about Charlie Creme. Get out of here LOL

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t think North Carolina hosts. ACC was weak. They aren’t getting 4 schools in the top 16.

And I’m aware that’s not what the experts would say. I wasn’t impressed with the ACC this season though. Louisville was supposed to be the best team I believe and they were meh. NC State was no good at all, Notre Dame was good until Miles went down, now they are one dimensional.

If VaTech is leading that conference something is wrong. They have a veteran team but as we saw when we played them they just aren’t that tough. TK had clots in her lungs and we still had an opportunity to win that game. Had we played in February instead of Nov I think we would have handled them easily at home.

Duke is probably the best team in that conference based on their defense alone but they can’t score the ball to save their life.
Had we had Rickea in that Virginia Tech game, that may have been a 20 point win for the Lady Vols. We were all kinds of a mess that game with players out and players sick.

I just feel like our schedule is impossible to deny this season. Sure, we didn’t win many of those games, but we had to guts to play them. Weren’t many we just were not in either.

If we had known TK had an issue earlier we might have won a few of those. You could tell she was visibly struggling to get up and down. I feel bad for having pointed it out so much but it was clear she was struggling.

We played Ole Miss at home, but you are right, very good team considering their lack of size this year.

Yes I keep saying this. It's way better than any of the 4 seed hosting brackets I've seen.
Not even close…..what a bracket that would be for the LV’s. Given the crazy regular season schedule they had to face (nobody expected IU, OSU, VT etc to be as good as they were) they deserve a good NCAA bracket. That regular season schedule was absolutely brutal, and UT had so many key players out for the big games, Horston missed the IU game, Jax missed the VT game etc etc

I am going to eat my crow now al year I have said the men will go farther in tournament than the girls but after Today I truly believe the Lady Vols make it to Elite Eight while the men fizzle out in round of 32 I have learned my lesson.

All defense no offense on the men’s side. Just can’t score the ball.

My prediction is that the LVols will not host and will be paired with none of the eight the team has played: Oklahoma.

My 16 : South Carolina, Indiana, Iowa, Stanford, Utah, LSU, Virginia Tech, Conn, Duke, Gonzaga, Ohio State Texas, Maryland, Oklahoma and Notre Dame (unless factoring in loss of star)

several conference champs not yet decides but by there division titles, no time left to pick. The winner will receive LIKES from every other participant and while pushing the Like key the losers must slightly bow in genuine honor.

Charlie Creme has Tennessee as a 5 seed.

I am going to eat my crow now al year I have said the men will go farther in tournament than the girls but after Today I truly believe the Lady Vols make it to Elite Eight while the men fizzle out in round of 32 I have learned my lesson.
There's a reason Rick Barnes earned the nickname 'Regular Season Rick' while a Texas. Vol fans learning what us Longhorn fans learned (even though Barnes did get one Final Four for Texas) the hard way. Barnes had never won a conference tournament championship in like 30 seasons, so at least he gave the Vols that last year.

There's a reason Rick Barnes earned the nickname 'Regular Season Rick' while a Texas. Vol fans learning what us Longhorn fans learned (even though Barnes did get one Final Four for Texas) the hard way. Barnes had never won a conference tournament championship in like 30 seasons, so at least he gave the Vols that last year.

I am genuinely puzzled by the Vols' annual implosion. Why do they suddenly find it so hard to score? Why? WHy? WHY????????

big 12 Saturday best wishes for Iowa State to beat Oklahoma and Okla state to take down Texas.

Kellie hasn't exactly had her team peaking in March since she's been here either...

Watched Toledo (who Creme currently has us up against in the 1st round) dominate Bowling Green in the MAC championship this morning. They're a good team with some guards who can shoot and make plays. I don't think they would be able to guard us very well, and they don't have much of a post game, but I certainly wouldn't take them lightly in a first-round matchup.

VN Store

Back