OJ dies of cancer

It doesn’t say not to judge, in the New Testament Jesus tells us to judge a tree by the fruit it produces. So naturally we do it, but when you start condemning someone is when you cross the line and start producing bad fruit yourself.
My response was to the “rest in hell” sentiment of the first post. I think a lot of people are getting confused on that.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Repentance and acceptance doesn't work exactly like you're thinking. I pray I'm not judged according to your standards. I have done many things in my life that, according to God's Word, I should not be allowed into His Kingdom. OJ doesn't strike me as a person who would surrender himself to Christ before he died, but who am I to say? I'll say this, I pray he did.

We all have it coming, kid.

Great scene from a great movie. After all the great westerns, Clint made the ultimate anti-western.

Repentance and acceptance doesn't work exactly like you're thinking. I pray I'm not judged according to your standards. I have done many things in my life that, according to God's Word, I should not be allowed into His Kingdom. OJ doesn't strike me as a person who would surrender himself to Christ before he died, but who am I to say? I'll say this, I pray he did.

We all have it coming, kid.

This. Amen.

Reactions: DonDiego
There are many possible reasons for taking this measure, which don't involve either a deathbed confession or an act of contrition. However, you can't help but wonder what was said ....

Reactions: DonDiego
I am just miffed he could die in his bed surrounded by loved ones.
He had no right to that. He should have died in a prison infirmary.

It is hard to imagine he ever repented when he offered zero remorse for what he did. He definitely did not seem saddened that Ron and Nicole were killed. Who knows. He couldn't even be bothered to pretend to care, even though he spent most of 30 years searching for the real killers on golf courses all over the USA.

I hurt for the Brown and Goldman families, but people tend to think of the survivors. People saw their pain and stood with them.
People should face or think more of the horror Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman had forced on the final moments of their lives. If you think of the evil he did to those two people, it makes you understand why murderers have to be removed to protect society and those who can't protect themselves.

I was a fan of OJ on Monday Night Football and Naked Gun movies, Love Boat, and all his acting gigs. He had good comedy instincts and was a decent actor. He seemed likeable, and then after the murders he acted like a sociopath 24/7.

I always thought his memorabilia heist in Vegas pegged him and removed any doubt he was capable of and guilty of murder. He acted like he had a serious screw loose after the murder trial. The rage that led him to kill never seemed to leave his personality afterward. I have seen the worst things humans can do to each other and I believe most people are capable of killing another person under enough pressure. Normal people would be extremely reticent to remind people or themselves that it ever happened.

Last edited:
Apparently, the same for stealing a pack of gum
Well...actually, it is. God is perfect and cannot tolerate any sin. None. His laws/commandments don't allow for "small sins". You're either perfect or you're not. None of us are so we all fall short and are condemned. That's why Christ had to come. One perfect sacrifice for all. Now it's not about works but faith and faith alone. I think that's why it's so hard for some. They can't fathom that it's so simple. The yoke is so light. It's a gift. You do nothing to deserve it. You don't earn it. It's freely given. All you have to do is reach out and take it. It doesn't give you a license to do what you want. When you truly understand what God did for you, your heart changes. Your mind changes. Your perspective changes. You change. You no longer want those things that lead you to sin. Sure you'll stumble, but that doesn't change your decision. Once in His hand, nothing can separate you from it.

to change the subject................ some of you young 'uns werent around when all the OJ drama went down. I was a media spectacular for sure. I'll never forget when the verdict of the trial came out. I was working in a call center where we took customer calls placing service calls on equipment. On the day of the verdict I brought in a small tv so we could watch it. When it came on tv we all gather around to listen. Ito began reading off the verdict and of course we were all surprised but then it dawned on me - the phones werent ringing. The business world had stopped to watch. It was eerily. Mid day and nothing was happening. Then after the final verdict, one by one the phone started ringing.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
to change the subject................ some of you young 'uns werent around when all the OJ drama went down. I was a media spectacular for sure. I'll never forget when the verdict of the trial came out. I was working in a call center where we took customer calls placing service calls on equipment. On the day of the verdict I brought in a small tv so we could watch it. When it came on tv we all gather around to listen. Ito began reading off the verdict and of course we were all surprised but then it dawned on me - the phones werent ringing. The business world had stopped to watch. It was eerily. Mid day and nothing was happening. Then after the final verdict, one by one the phone started ringing.
My ex-wife and I had our first date the night of the Bronco chase, which was Friday June 17, 1994. We had planned to see the movie "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer that night, but then this melodrama unfolded. We went to Chili's and ordered appetizers in the bar area and watched coverage of it (we weren't even old enough to buy alcohol). It was the night of Game 5 of the NBA Finals between the Knicks and Rockets but every tv was tuned into the white Bronco. Crazy.

I can't believe it's been 30 years .... I remember that night like it was yesterday.

We were all playing ball outside and watching NBA finals, going in and out. We ordered pizza. Then OJ news came on and I don’t think we went back outside the rest of the night. It’s hard to describe how big it was. I was in high school and he was hero-like. There wasn’t internet and stuff so we had no idea what a piece of garbage he had been even before the murders. A reminder that we never know these people that we put on pedestals.

The verdict was played on every TV in my high school. The reaction was mostly outrage, with exceptions. Reaction was divided among race. It was surreal. That was a really bad week personally as I’d experienced a sudden death of someone close to us, so it was an odd time for me anyway. I’ll never forget the reactions of some people running through the halls celebrating. Just weird.

Last edited:
My ex-wife and I had our first date the night of the Bronco chase, which was Friday June 17, 1994. We had planned to see the movie "Wolf" with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer that night, but then this melodrama unfolded. We went to Chili's and ordered appetizers in the bar area and watched coverage of it (we weren't even old enough to buy alcohol). It was the night of Game 5 of the NBA Finals between the Knicks and Rockets but every tv was tuned into the white Bronco. Crazy.

I can't believe it's been 30 years .... I remember that night like it was yesterday.

Not mine. I flipped over every once in a while but was really kinda dumb.

There is a great 30 for 30 about that day and everything that simultaneously happening in sports. I was 12 years old watching it in a restaurant w/ my parents .

To show how big of a deal this was...I have reasonably vivid memories of the Bronco chase and I was 7. I remember being at home with my parents and my dad had an NBA playoff game on, and they cut into it to show the chase. At that point they change the channel to Larry King Live on CNN and watched the chase. At that age, all I knew was that OJ Simpson used to play football, but even though I had no idea who he was beyond that I remember being taken in by the chase.

I don't know if there will ever be a public spectacle to that extent ever again because the media landscape is so much more fragmented today.

There is a great 30 for 30 about that day and everything that simultaneously happening in sports. I was 12 years old watching it in a restaurant w/ my parents .
Yeah, June 17, 1994. It was one of the best 30 for 30s they did. Coincidentally June 17 is my wedding anniversary now, lol.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah, June 17, 1994. It was one of the best 30 for 30s they did. Coincidentally June 17 is my wedding anniversary now, lol.
I was at a Braves game. As they were closing out the 9th inning, everybody in the lower level had their backs to the field watching the TVs in the club level. It was crazy looking.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Serious question for those in the legal profession :

Can the Goldman's make a claim against his estate for the civil judgment from 1997? A few years ago, Fred Goldman said they have never been able to collect a dime from it.
I just read somewhere that the estate attorney said they would not dispute Goldman’s claim. Initially said they would but has changed his mind. I think the estate is valued at several million.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back