Ohio State DB Andre Turrentine transferring to Tennessee

He missed quite a few tackles, was routinely torched in coverage and couldn’t contain a QB. Just getting a lot of tackles doesn’t make a LB good. So he was 2nd in the SEC in tackles? Did he make 1st or 2nd team all SEC? No he didn’t. Why?

He was 4th in solo tackles. Which isn’t that terrible. But 14th in TFL, didn’t rank in the top 20 in the SEC in sacks. If we would have had competent LB play Pitt, Ole Miss and Perdue are wins. Bryce Young had his career day rushing against us. A big reason for that was our LBs that included Banks.

So no Banks isn’t that good. Looking at his complete stats (not just cherry picking one) he would not likely be starting for many SEC teams. Hopefully he has drastically improved.

I'm with you. Just because you get the most solo tackles on a defense that doesn't tackle, doesn't make you great. He wouldn't be starting at most SEC schools.

I'm with you. Just because you get the most solo tackles on a defense that doesn't tackle, doesn't make you great. He wouldn't be starting at most SEC schools.
That's just a very uneducated response.
WHY you ask? Because you have not a clue about the rest of the linebackers in the conference outside of Tennessee 🙄.

So how can you sit there and say that?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's just a very uneducated response.
WHY you ask? Because you have not a clue about the rest of the linebackers in the conference outside of Tennessee 🙄.

So how can you sit there and say that?

Saying Banks is a good LB using only tackles as defense for that statement is an uneducated response.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Saying Banks is a good LB using only tackles as defense for that statement is an uneducated response.

Although Cedric Tillman had a highly productive year, he isn't good because he didn't make all conference, and we should replace him because I don't like him and he dropped some balls and missed some blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr and memtownvol
Complete deflection of my point.

We get it! You don't like Banks...

And nothing I can say is going to change your opinion.
So why TF do we keep talking about it???

I'll be glad to watch him star AGAIN this year for Tennessee and you can go drool over South Carolina's linebakers...

I'd have agree with the notion that Banks isn't that good. But I think you have you consider the lack of experience when evaluating him. Hopefully another full off-season in the same system knowing where he's going to play will help his development.

Banks wasn't without experience last season. He was thrusted into a role where he had to routinely be on the field and play a crap ton of snaps and make a high volume of plays.....so, I'm not sure if his previous experience prepared him for that? Overall, Banks was durable, high energy, pretty consistent, and extremely productive. Had we had another good ILB, more consistent pass rush, and a better corner to go along with Taylor, I believe we're not sitting here saying our leading tackler wasn't any good.

I agree Banks would be better with more help. When he is tackling on the sideline, the flags ARE coming. He is the best we have. He is not good. He is still a work in progress and would be second string (at best) on most good teams.

VN Store

Back