Ohio newspaper on Schiano/Vols

That new language added to his contract about Title 9 requiring him to report knowing anything just last April and him getting up in front of the cameras on their conference’s media days gonna get him . Bye Bye urbie . Maybe him , Tebow and herbstreet can start a football camp in the summer and they can stand around telling the kids about how they use to do it back when . 😂

Article said:
Grinch is too new, an Ohio native only hired this spring after a strong run at Washington State. Schiano and Wilson weren't viable options at this time.

Not with Schiano's ties to Penn State that made him the talk of last winter's coaching carousel when backlash from Tennessee fans caused a deal between UT and Schiano to break down in a very public, very ugly way. That doesn't preclude Schiano from ever being a head coach again, but whether you agreed with Tennessee fans' reaction or not, some of that sentiment would have resurfaced had Schiano been named acting head coach by Ohio State on Wednesday.

At least this writer gets it.

That new language added to his contract about Title 9 requiring him to report knowing anything just last April and him getting up in front of the cameras on their conference’s media days gonna get him . Bye Bye urbie . Maybe him , Tebow and herbstreet can start a football camp in the summer and they can stand around telling the kids about how they use to do it back when . 😂
Here's my question, all the verbiage says is sexual assault. This was domestic violence. There is a difference. Not sure if urban has to report a man hitting a woman. Also, the cops were aware that he hit her. Qhat was urban gonna do.

Reactions: Volanta
Here's my question, all the verbiage says is sexual assault. This was domestic violence. There is a difference. Not sure if urban has to report a man hitting a woman. Also, the cops were aware that he hit her. Qhat was urban gonna do.

True but I’d hate to making a living publicly on the difference between the two , especially with your wife involved and having two other staff members with ties to penn state . The question will ultimately be can Ohio state survive the public backlash ? If they think they can then he keeps his job , if not then they will distance themselves from him . I’m sure that’s why he’s on leave now , they are watching and waiting .

I'm outraged GS didn't get the gig. Outraged I tell you! OSU is embarrassing themselves! He is the perfect choice!

Perhaps the shock and trauma of recent events have induced a disorder some members of the national media and their complicit bedfellows have diagnosed as Delusional Wacko Syndrome. In spite of what the name implies, its only symptom is sanity.

Last edited:
Fire him ! ! He's a POS

Reactions: TennMan101

In all fairness and despite any Gator hate, Tebow has something Urban lacks -- character. Meyer is on his own here and Tebow doesn't deserve even a hint of being dragged down into the cesspool with him. It was Tebow who stopped Hernadez in college from going off big time with some alteration I can't recall clearly now. It was when Tebow wasn't around (Patriots) that Hernadez's true nature went off unfettered. Tebow knows how to keep his pants zipped, he even referred to our Vols as a sleeping giant. Much as VN may detest his exploits against us, he is an overall decent human being. Urban is basically a lying, whining, and conniving fake.

In all fairness and despite any Gator hate, Tebow has something Urban lacks -- character. Meyer is on his own here and Tebow doesn't deserve even a hint of being dragged down into the cesspool with him. It was Tebow who stopped Hernadez in college from going off big time with some alteration I can't recall clearly now. It was when Tebow wasn't around (Patriots) that Hernadez's true nature went off unfettered. Tebow knows how to keep his pants zipped, he even referred to our Vols as a sleeping giant. Much as VN may detest his exploits against us, he is an overall decent human being. Urban is basically a lying, whining, and conniving fake.

Even though I agree with you on Tebow’s character and ethics the media burnt me out on him , I guess I’m jaded . I felt like I couldn’t watch pop warrener without a talking head comparing somebody to him . Wrong ? Probably but ... meh lol

I can’t remember the name of the bar in Knoxville that the owner was a huge buckeye fan and ran down all Tennessee fans for balking on hiring Schiano, but I was just wondering what his thoughts are now on his beloved Osu passing on him as interim coach while urbs takes a breather . 🤔

I'm outraged GS didn't get the gig. Outraged I tell you! OSU is embarrassing themselves! He is the perfect choice!

Hey Herbie, you going to politc for ya boy Schiano to get the OSU gig? You have ZERO $#@^ing credibilty if you don't not to mention having a not a hair on your donk.

Interestingly Urban will potentially sit on the sidelines this year while Notre Dame once again performs themselves into mediocrity and fires their coach. What could be a better place to resurrect oneself and do penance while doing his dream job at Notre Dame?

I can’t remember the name of the bar in Knoxville that the owner was a huge buckeye fan and ran down all Tennessee fans for balking on hiring Schiano, but I was just wondering what his thoughts are now on his beloved Osu passing on him as interim coach while urbs takes a breather . 🤔

Casual Pint North Shore i believe.

For a guy who Urban and Bellichek highly recommended, this was a the only choice OSU had. Easy to speculate or have opinions of a "slighted" coach, until it falls in your lap OSU...the power of Vol Nation! Can you imagine the backlash they'd have in media if Schiano got interim, in their current environment? Too close to the flame.

True but I’d hate to making a living publicly on the difference between the two , especially with your wife involved and having two other staff members with ties to penn state . The question will ultimately be can Ohio state survive the public backlash ? If they think they can then he keeps his job , if not then they will distance themselves from him . I’m sure that’s why he’s on leave now , they are watching and waiting .

I'm think meyer can survive the backlash, for a couple of reasons. The masses in ohio are not looking for a reason to fire meyer, they are generally happy with their success level and this is not a pedophilia issue so not seen as negative.

Yep, interesting that admin skipped over SchiaNo for acting head coach. Maybe a bunch of hillbillies that knew what they wanted and it wasn't SchiaNo. I apologize to those who are offended by the term hillbilly, I don't see it as derogatory.

Before the season ends, Urban CRIER will be residing in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Somehow, someway, Saban will get Crier wearing Crimson Red. Offensive advisor, special teams advisor, etc. etc.

I'm think meyer can survive the backlash, for a couple of reasons. The masses in ohio are not looking for a reason to fire meyer, they are generally happy with their success level and this is not a pedophilia issue so not seen as negative.

Yep, interesting that admin skipped over SchiaNo for acting head coach. Maybe a bunch of hillbillies that knew what they wanted and it wasn't SchiaNo. I apologize to those who are offended by the term hillbilly, I don't see it as derogatory.

Agreed. However there are MANY in the media if they don't promote and raise hell over Schiano NOT getting the interim gig have lost their credibility and are total losers, like Herbie.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Hey Herbie, you going to politc for ya boy Schiano to get the OSU gig? You have ZERO $#@^ing credibilty if you don't not to mention having a not a hair on your donk.

Interestingly Urban will potentially sit on the sidelines this year while Notre Dame once again performs themselves into mediocrity and fires their coach. What could be a better place to resurrect oneself and do penance while doing his dream job at Notre Dame?

Being an Ohio native, I thought T.O.S.U. (The Ohio State University) was Crier's dream job??? Am I wrong?

That was Chris Owens, owner of the Casual Pint Northshore. I hope Vols fans abandon the place and it goes out of business. Living in and enjoying the benefits of a state and presuming to diss its citizens? FORK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put him out of business.

So OSU has TWO coaches on staff with ties to Sandusky? Didn't know about Larry Johnson.

That was Chris Owens, owner of the Casual Pint Northshore. I hope Vols fans abandon the place and it goes out of business. Living in and enjoying the benefits of a state and presuming to diss its citizens? FORK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put him out of business.

I knew you’d remember because of the thread we were in when it was posted , I just didn’t mention the title of the thread because I didn’t feel like dodging plates and pans this early . 😂

VN Store

Back