'25 OH WR Shaun Terry

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

This kid is from just across the river from me. He has been loading up on offers this month. Tennessee, USCw, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Indiana just this month.

Never mind, I remember our convo now!

Did you know this kid was OJ Mayo’s cousin? Interesting little tidbit.

I remember guarding OJ. May or may not have gotten posterized off an oop once when he was at Rose Hill and in like 8th grade.
I wasn't aware of his OJ connection.

I'm originally from Knoxville, but when my wife and I were dating, her brother-in-law (PGB grad in the 90s) and I drove from Lexington and watched OJ and Rose Hill play Ashland in the Region 16 championship at Morehead St. Probably 01-02 season. Arliss Beach was probably Ashland's best player (most recognizable, anyway) from my foggy memory.

I'm guessing you were probably playing at that time?

Reactions: MarcoVol
I wasn't aware of his OJ connection.

I'm originally from Knoxville, but when my wife and I were dating, her brother-in-law (PGB grad in the 90s) and I drove from Lexington and watched OJ and Rose Hill play Ashland in the Region 16 championship at Morehead St. Probably 01-02 season. Arliss Beach was probably Ashland's best player (most recognizable, anyway) from my foggy memory.

I'm guessing you were probably playing at that time?

I was an underclassman on that team. Arliss went on to play football at UK and a brief stint in the NFL. He was electric on the court tho! Best athlete on the team by far. Most notable bball name for Ashland was Mark Surgalski. Had a scholly to Wright St but didn’t fulfill it for whatever reason and finished his career at Georgetown College. Zack Davis was a baller. Went to play football at Kentucky St. Had some other dudes on that team that were gritty and determined.

Obviously Rose Hill was loaded but young. So weird that they recruited all those dudes there that also included Bill Walker (K State and 2nd rd draft pick) and they were good for such a brief moment in time. Never were good before, never good after they all left for other HS teams.

Most importantly tho we won that game. But OJ and Rose Hill took the competition in that Region and our District to a whole other level. It was like being at an intense D1 bball rivalry game when we played.

I was an underclassman on that team. Arliss went on to play football at UK and a brief stint in the NFL. He was electric on the court tho! Best athlete on the team by far. Most notable bball name for Ashland was Mark Surgalski. Had a scholly to Wright St but didn’t fulfill it for whatever reason and finished his career at Georgetown College. Zack Davis was a baller. Went to play football at Kentucky St. Had some other dudes on that team that were gritty and determined.

Obviously Rose Hill was loaded but young. So weird that they recruited all those dudes there that also included Bill Walker (K State and 2nd rd draft pick) and they were good for such a brief moment in time. Never were good before, never good after they all left for other HS teams.

Most importantly tho we won that game. But OJ and Rose Hill took the competition in that Region and our District to a whole other level. It was like being at an intense D1 bball rivalry game when we played.
I figured Mark was probably on those teams, but wasn't entirely sure which is why I phrased it that way. I actually know Mark a little bit. I used to work with him.

And yes, Rose Hill has never been the same after Mayo and Walker left. They were quite the team though back then with Mayo being a 7th grader dominating varsity teams. He didn't have a great game in that Region Championship as I remember. Lots of touches but very inefficient. As I remember, the construction of that team led to KHSAA sanctions for Rose Hill.

VN Store

Back