6-6
CLASS OF 20
Cincinnati, OH (Princeton)

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PROFILES:

247 - Darrion Henry, Princeton, Strong-Side Defensive End

RIVALS - Darrion Henry, 2020 Strongside defensive end - Rivals.com

OFFERS:

Clemson, GT. Hoosiers, Iowa, KY, L'Ville, Miami-Ohio, MichSt, Minn, Neb, Pitt, Rutgers, VOLS, Toledo, Vandy, WVU

[HUDL]3/8862239/59f51ae790ef900ffccc7048[/HUDL]

the four-star class of 2020 defensive end from princeton high school in cincinnati said he was excited to get a scholarship offer from tennessee during his stay in knoxville, and he’s already planning to visit the vols again in the coming months. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound henry said he learned of his offer from tennessee shortly after he arrived on campus during a conversation with first-year vols coach jeremy pruitt.

"when i got there, me and coach pruitt were talking, and he let me know they offered me,” said henry, who’s ranked by 247sports as the no. 85 overall prospect and no. 4 strongside defensive end in the 2020 class. “i was pretty surprised because it was my first time meeting the coaches.”

“tennessee is a wonderful program. They also have a great facility,” he said. “i really don’t have a list (of favorites), but i like them and i’m planning to visit again. I’m not sure (when), but we will probably be back for a game.”

pruitt and tennessee running backs coach chris weinke both talked with henry during the visit, and he said pruitt made it clear that “he likes me a lot and he liked my film.” henry said the vols’ facilities, including “their practice facility,” caught his eye while he was in knoxville.

Clemson also gave him an offer sunday following his visit with the tigers a day earlier, and he added offers from nebraska and georgia tech last month. For now, he said he’s not planning to decide on a college any time soon. “probably my senior year,” henry said.

Sure, sure, get recruited by Ohio State oh, every decade or so. There’s no wonder Princeton has absolutely no loyalty to them—two way street. Now somebody gets on their radar and he’s supposed to just commit on the spot? Makes me sick the entitlement they have over the entire state of Ohio.

Want this kid, big time.

Reactions: Ratvol
Sure, sure, get recruited by Ohio State oh, every decade or so. There’s no wonder Princeton has absolutely no loyalty to them—two way street. Now somebody gets on their radar and he’s supposed to just commit on the spot? Makes me sick the entitlement they have over the entire state of Ohio.

Want this kid, big time.
Huh? What's the backstory ?

The story on these three: Paris has been an Ohio State commit for a long time, but the Urban Meyer retirement really affected him. He was solid with the Buckeyes before that, but has started taking visits since.

The early vibe with Henry was this was a Clemson-Ohio State battle, but the longer it goes on the better chance other schools have of getting into that mix and he has been visiting a lot of schools lately.

I wrote about Thomas earlier this week, and this is a return visit to Knoxville for him. He's been high on Tennessee for some time, but... and this is going to be a reoccurring theme here... I think Ohio State is tough to beat if they offer. However, Ohio State has not offered.
Rivals

From the Rivals 3 Stripe camp in Cincinnati
Henry is just coming off a minor shoulder surgery but you won’t have known it watching him go through the drills. As a big, powerful, and quick strongside defensive end, Henry has a large repertoire of pass rushing moves and he knows how to play off his power moves and speed moves. Tennessee, LSU and Ohio State are just a few of the major players for Henry, who will participate in the Five-Star Challenge this summer.
-Rivals

VN Store

Back