'22 OH OT Ryan Baer

And soundly beat, arguably, one of the best teams they’ve ever fielded.
5 wins against our Vols in the last 41 years. We could lose to them for the next 10 years, and they still wouldn't be a better program; and, if anyone says different, interstates and highways run north to Lexington night and day. GTFO.

Note: people, who like to say Neyland beat Bear "when he was at UK"...in 1950, UK's best season ever, they were 11-1. Guess who the lone loss was to...

The Class of 2022 offensive lineman from North High School in Eastlake, Ohio, said the scholarship offer he received Tuesday from new Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff “was out of the blue,” and he was thrilled to find out about it during a conversation with Alex Golesh, the Vols’ offensive coordinator and tight ends coach.

“I was super happy because Tennessee is a great school, and they just brought in a great staff,” said Baer, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 42 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 14 junior from the state of Ohio.

“I had interest in Tennessee when the old staff was there. It’s just a school I’ve kinda always liked.”
The 6-foot-7, 320-pound Baer, who has reported offers from more than 20 schools, said Golesh told him that the Vols “like my size and the athleticism I have for that size and the tenacity I play with.” Baer said he’s not sure what position Tennessee might envision him playing, but he expects to discuss the Vols’ possible plans for him “the next time we talk.”

Tennessee joined Kentucky as only the second SEC team to extend an offer to him. While he said he’s “not sure about visits,” he added that “it’s very possible” he could travel to Knoxville at some point to take a closer look at the Vols.

“The SEC is a great (conference),” Baer said. “I’m willing to play anywhere, though.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back