Officials

That walk that was missed on the go ahead 3 pointer is without a doubt the worse missed call I've seen and we were at freaking home.

The fact that after this debacle Mike Nance bumps into Barnes and cops an attitude? Says it all. At one point early in the 2nd we had I think 3 or 4 fouls on the same possession called against us, A&M ended up shooting free throws.

Reactions: feathersax
Two most pivotal plays in the game were blown calls by the ref. Missing the double dribble and travel on the possession they hit the 3 to go up 56-53 and then the bogus foul against Fulkerson. The refs took away our chance to win at the end and gave it to TAMU.

Two most pivotal plays in the game were blown calls by the ref. Missing the double dribble and travel on the possession they hit the 3 to go up 56-53 and then the bogus foul against Fulkerson. The refs took away our chance to win at the end and gave it to TAMU.

Yep, I even sent a text to my brother-in-law as we watched the game.

"Refs made sure"

We didn't rebound well enough to win and committed too many TOs. But a better called game we likely pull out the win.

Yeah we played bad but we still had a shot to win until those back to back plays

I've been annoyed most the season. We play offense seems other teams are always hand checking and pulling/grabbing our guards as they try to run motion.

Then we play defense and our guards get called for doing the exact same thing, it's confusing. I just want to see it called evenly. If it's a foul when White does it, then it should be a foul when Red does it.

As illustrated w the in game win probability we went from having a 65% chance to win to a 2% chance after the subsequent FTs once we were required to foul. There werent any other plays in the game that had more of an impact than those two.

Never said we shouldn't. But you have to look in the mirror first, and if we even remotely rebound worth a damn, we win.

Also, if you're expecting a fairly called game, you might as well be waiting for a unicorn to show up in your backyard. Officiating gets worse every year and the NCAA refuses to address it.
Have you ever played basketball? They called fouls on us boxing-out, thus we couldn't box out any more, and they were all over our backs the entire game. The refs had A LOT to do with our lack of rebounding.

Did Pons really have to run between Buzz and the TXAM bench because he was so far out of the box? When was that?
I cant remember exactly when, but Pons did have to stop and run around him. I was screaming for Pons to run over him. Buzz stayed on the court more than most of his players. By the way, how many assist did the refs have last night? I think Pons was afraid he would be called for a charge.

Have you ever played basketball? They called fouls on us boxing-out, thus we couldn't box out any more, and they were all over our backs the entire game. The refs had A LOT to do with our lack of rebounding.

Yes I have. You can blame some of the rebounds, but in no way can you blame all of them or even the majority. It still was mostly effort.

I've been annoyed most the season. We play offense seems other teams are always hand checking and pulling/grabbing our guards as they try to run motion.

Then we play defense and our guards get called for doing the exact same thing, it's confusing. I just want to see it called evenly. If it's a foul when White does it, then it should be a foul when Red does it.
I can’t point to the exact moment but there was one point when Vescovi had the ball just across the time line, while our offense was getting set and the defender was just pushing him with both hands. I get hand checking but this instance was crazy. I had never seen a defender do that.
GBO!!

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
As usual the sec referees were wildly inconsistent and terrible. I almost cant watch bball any more because of it. Not just our games but all of them. The NCAA and Sec should be ashamed but nothing will happen.

as always it's hard to beat your opponent and the refs...we seem to have to do it more than others...bias aside...

GO VOLS!

Reactions: feathersax
As much as it pains me, common decency just doesn't work anymore. Filing a complaint? What statement did the SEC release on Anthony Jordan? We whine about what a baby Will Wade is, acting like a toddler, but how many beneficial calls does LSU get? His post players absolutely maul people. It stinks, but whining and crying is the new way of getting things.

The referees (as do most sports official systems) have a good ole boy system of promotion and demotion. Demotion rarely happens. The exceptions are when you are pressured to hire minorities defined in this case as women and African-Americans then it can be that you are forced into taking less-qualified officials. This is not a reflection on Nance or any female sports officials but it is what it is.

LSG said that Pons had to stop and go around him. Apparently not between Buzz and his bench. Ignored by the refs none-the-less.
Sorry about the delay in responding, but the whole crowd in section 313 went ballistic when it happened. Guess I am glad I am up high. Would be hard to keep from getting closer and voice this old 59 year old's opinion. This happened more than once during the game though. It was super evident one time though.

I’m wondering if the language in the rules for traveling have changed over the years. A player was allowed 1 step before the dribble. Now the jump step(both legs) is allowed in college and the NBA. It is definitely an advantage for scoring moves. Forgive me if you his has been discussed on VN before.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I’m wondering if the language in the rules for traveling have changed over the years. A player was allowed 1 step before the dribble. Now the jump step(both legs) is allowed in college and the NBA. It is definitely an advantage for scoring moves. Forgive me if you his has been discussed on VN before.

Don't think so. I think we can discard any NBA interpretation because they play a different ball game. They will call traveling every so often just to say that they still call it, but it is usually one way away from the basket or not one at all. Just last night in the Grizzlies game, they called one on Dillon Brooks that replayed showed was not a travel. Now that I look it up, apparently the NBA does allow a "gathering step," which college ball does not.

Essentially, it's two steps without a dribble. The jump stop came into play years ago, but if you think about it, the jump stop is still two steps. You take one step and then jump and land with both feet at the same time. If your feet come down at different times, then it's a travel.

I do think it can get difficult at times with quick players, long strides, and the ball in hand. But professional officials are taught what to look for, and there have been obvious travels that have gone uncalled over the years. The one last night seemed like a no-brainer. He takes multiple steps before the shot.

These SEC officials in football and basketball are there to show that "I control this game and what happens.Not you little pi..and players! "

VN Store

Back