Official Xbox discussion thread

Just sayin NEW 3080's are on ebay lately 700 or so used going cheaper saw one sell for 300.

You can put that in any desktop over the last 3-5 years and instantly have more power then any console.....and use whatever controller for whatever system you prefer.

Why? Besides having better graphics, quicker loads, and better physics?

because for example...

on sale for 17.99 for all the whistles deluxe

VS xbox one deluxe 69.99

Amazon: Bethesda Softworks Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition for Xbox One

You pay a little more up front to go with gaming PC, but you have cheaper games more often on sale, and can use whatever you want with it usuually because there's always a "mod" for that...and then there's modding in general....lots of games have second lives due to their mods.

The 4080 coming out has made a 2080 and 3080 glut, there's never been a better time to join the PCMasterRace...

If you play more, or want to play more, then 3-4 games you will make up difference in cheaper games.

I would not buy one that was for 300 bucks..............................................

I would not buy one that was for 300 bucks..............................................

I might…..I have bought several used nvidia cards and so far been pretty good. You do have to acknowledge some have been used to death mining…but talking to the owner usually kinda reveals its life…..ask questions. Point being is the 4080 coupled with decline of crypto is bringing 3080s to competitive price points…many expect 4080s will be dropping to sub 1k soon.

I might…..I have bought several used nvidia cards and so far been pretty good. You do have to acknowledge some have been used to death mining…but talking to the owner usually kinda reveals its life…..ask questions. Point being is the 4080 coupled with decline of crypto is bringing 3080s to competitive price points…many expect 4080s will be dropping to sub 1k soon.

The only reason the 4080 will drop below $1k is if the 7900XTX and XT don’t perform as well as they should. But I believe they will with better regular performance but lagging RT performance.

The only reason the 4080 will drop below $1k is if the 7900XTX and XT don’t perform as well as they should. But I believe they will with better regular performance but lagging RT performance.

I think the larger reason is they made glut of these, and crypto mining has died off some.

I mean he has a point. We got some good PC discussion in that PC thread.
I have an Xbox as well for my kid but when I hear people talking about whether or not to drop $500 for the X series..

I'm thinking why not just pay a little more and get more the twice the gaming power and cheaper games. It wouldn't make sense to put that in a PC thread. Because PC Gamers already know.

It is very much valid to this thread.

I have an Xbox as well for my kid but when I hear people talking about whether or not to drop $500 for the X series..

I'm thinking why not just pay a little more and get more the twice the gaming power and cheaper games. It wouldn't make sense to put that in a PC thread. Because PC Gamers already know.

It is very much valid to this thread.

Because it takes more than a GPU to play games on a PC. You have to add in other costs which skyrocket the cost of a PC compared to a system. Especially since the vast majority of gamers still play at 1080 and 2160. The Series S is a great choice at a fantastic price leaving a ton of money room for video game purchases.

a mouse and keyboard is an unplayable gaming experience for all but the gamer bros with super computers and no life. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. I tried with total war on a laptop and it was a herky jerky slow ass pita. Not to mention, nobody wants to take a computer science course just to play a stupid over priced game that you are going to constantly die at anyway. Seriously! Who plays a game like that! I hate even being in the same room with computers anymore, much less putting THAT much effort into trying to relearn everything.

Anyone playing AOE2(Age of Empires 2) on Xbox ? Looking for some VFLs to game with . Okay COD , Halo, Madden just to name a few. Gt is GodlyMatters

Xbox showcase went as expected and really liked seeing the in depth layout for Starfield, but I feel this game is another cyberpunk waiting to happen. Howard also confirmed that it will run 4k 30 on series X, which is a big ole meh IMO. I hope that it is somewhat optimized for PC because it sounds like its gonna be rough starting out.

Xbox showcase went as expected and really liked seeing the in depth layout for Starfield, but I feel this game is another cyberpunk waiting to happen. Howard also confirmed that it will run 4k 30 on series X, which is a big ole meh IMO. I hope that it is somewhat optimized for PC because it sounds like its gonna be rough starting out.
What about it makes you think it will be rough?

The scope and what they are promising……it’s Bethesda…..and 30fps ain’t gonna cut it IMO.
You knew Todd Howard likes "filmic." That game was always going to be 30. It certainly wasn't going to be 4k60. I don't think there's been any announcement on whether it will have performance mode or not, has there?

Regardless, I'm not sure if it's my kind of game or not, but it looked quite polished to me.

You knew Todd Howard likes "filmic." That game was always going to be 30. It certainly wasn't going to be 4k60. I don't think there's been any announcement on whether it will have performance mode or not, has there?

Regardless, I'm not sure if it's my kind of game or not, but it looked quite polished to me.
You dont think its 4k30 because of hardware limitations for the consoles?

You don't think its 4k30 because of hardware limitations for the consoles?
Sure I think it's hardware limited in it's current state. But I've always felt like they were going for scale, scope and visuals with this game and Todd has always seemed fine with sacrificing frames to get there.

Reading the comments from today, it doesn't sound like it will have a performance mode which sucks for console players. If I play this one, it will definitely be on PC for that reason.

What card are you rocking these days? I lost count when it seemed like you were upgrading every other month. lol.

Sure I think it's hardware limited in it's current state. But I've always felt like they were going for scale, scope and visuals with this game and Todd has always seemed fine with sacrificing frames to get there.

Reading the comments from today, it doesn't sound like it will have a performance mode which sucks for console players. If I play this one, it will definitely be on PC for that reason.

What card are you rocking these days? I lost count when it seemed like you were upgrading every other month. lol.
I stopped upgrading once I put the 4090 in my rig........................:)

Reactions: Freak
I think Xbox did better than Sony in their showcase yesterday. Looking forward to Starfield and Fable also that Star Wars game looked cool.

Bethesda stole a TON from Elite Dangerous with the Starfield gameplay, but that’s basically what the gaming world is now and I very much expected it. However, I’m so pumped about the game! I know it’s more than likely going to be buggy from the start, but “my body is ready” because it sounds really fun to me. Ever since my first born was…well…born, I haven’t had much time to play like I used to. But this will be a Day 1 game for me and I will probably look at taking some days off to play like the old days lol.

Bethesda stole a TON from Elite Dangerous with the Starfield gameplay, but that’s basically what the gaming world is now and I very much expected it. However, I’m so pumped about the game! I know it’s more than likely going to be buggy from the start, but “my body is ready” because it sounds really fun to me. Ever since my first born was…well…born, I haven’t had much time to play like I used to. But this will be a Day 1 game for me and I will probably look at taking some days off to play like the old days lol.
Have you played ED in the last couple of years? I am curious of its status now and thought about getting back into it. I tried to play star citizen and its just way too clunky for me.

I am worried about it being one of those million miles wide, 1 foot deep type games. They are seemingly offering more things to do than previous Bethseda games, which is a plus. But what made those games great was their depth, story telling, character interactions and the like. Didn't get a great feel for the depth from that incredible break down.

One thing I have yet to see is any real antagonist or real central quest that is going to have a gripping storyline. If its just looking for these old space relics for some far off promised future, its 100% going to be a case of exploring all 1000 worlds before doing the storyline. IMO there needs to be a bad guy, or a reason for the player to care about finding these things beyond "they are cool".

VN Store

Back