Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

In all seriousness, unless the LV’s have early foul trouble issues to RJ I cannot see NCSU beating them as long as Jewell is not a no show in this game, which based upon the SECT results should not be the case. UT is playing their best ball of the season now and the same cannot be said of the Wolfpack. Rivers is a good player but she still cannot shoot jumpers for any decent percentage and their bigs will not be an issue at all vs UT imo.

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. Tess for 21, Sara for 24, Jewel for 30, Rickea goes out and tops JUJU with a 55 point, 20 assist, 20 rebound game.

I can envision the LVs pounding the Phoenix so furiously, that UW-GB disbands the program at the end of the 3rd quarter, explaining that there simply is no recovering from this brutal battering.

NCST wins their game but forfeits to the LVs in order to preserve the mental health of their players,.

Kellie will the ride into her press conference, dressed in Mad Max garb, on the backs of the two massive alligators that she simultaneously wrestled into submission. She will then bite off the head of a live chicken and proclaim "we will take no prisoners in this tournament!." She exits by punching each reporter in the face, further declaring "I wish Kamillia Cardoso had pushed ME!!!!!"

Vol Nation posters complain that Kellie is not tough enough.
I will have a double of ever what the poster above is drinking.
Keep them coming ever 10 minutes or until I pass out,😜😜

In all seriousness, unless the LV’s have early foul trouble issues to RJ I cannot see NCSU beating them as long as Jewell is not a no show in this game, which based upon the SECT results should not be the case. UT is playing their best ball of the season now and the same cannot be said of the Wolfpack. Rivers is a good player but she still cannot shoot jumpers for any decent percentage and their bigs will not be an issue at all vs UT imo.

NC State has a lot more than Rivers. Mimi Collins would be a tough matchup for Sara, IMO. TK would definitely need to stay out of foul trouble. NC State’s guards are quick and really good at attacking the basket. Without an eraser in there 😬 Also, River Baldwin is solid.

I don’t think we’d have to play a perfect game to take them down, but a lot has to go right to win on the road in March.

This story was written by a Green Bay beat reporter, but could have easily been written by several on here..."The 11th-seeded Phoenix are headed to Raleigh, North Carolina, on Saturday where they will face another traditional power trying to reclaim its previous status, sixthseeded Tennessee (19-12). If they beat the Volunteers, who went 5-4 over their last nine SEC games, they could face third-seeded North Carolina State. Green Bay reached the second round five times between 2003 and 2012 — making its first two trips with Borseth as head coach — and it beat Niagara in a firstround WNIT game last year."

Of course, they failed to mention those 4 losses were 3 against South Carolina and 1 versus LSU. 🙄
Shhh. We want them to be in denial and think they are facing a team that is basically just winning barely over 50% of the time. Don't dare let them know that of SC 5 closest margins of victory, we were 3 of them. So I need to shush up too. + Then maybe they will be the team after the first quarter wondering what the hell happened!

NC State has a lot more than Rivers. Mimi Collins would be a tough matchup for Sara, IMO. TK would definitely need to stay out of foul trouble. NC State’s guards are quick and really good at attacking the basket. Without an eraser in there 😬 Also, River Baldwin is solid.

I don’t think we’d have to play a perfect game to take them down, but a lot has to go right to win on the road in March.
You make good points. My last impression of UT this season was watching them in person in the SECT semis, and I have to give a nice advantage to that version of the LV’s over what I saw from NCSU their last 5-6 games. Let’s call it LV’s by only 7, because the Wolfpack does play great defense. This is the time of year when Key should be ready to play extended minutes and not be saving anything. If she has that much in her, NCSU will find it tough around the rim. And yeah, I wonder if Key can get up and down the court fast enough if State pushes the tempo. State is awful in the halfcourt offense however, so look for UT to slow the game down to allow Key to get in place at times on offense. Will be up to the other four to cover for her in transition. They can do it, did it well vs SC.

Last note, the AA snub will motivate RJ in the tourney as she is at the end of her college career and obviously wants to show everyone (WNBA) her draft status. She will be highly focused and motivated. AA list be damned, she is a top 4-5 player in the game. She did have a brain fart defensively against SC in the last 1.1 seconds, but I don’t know what her coaches were telling her either. I was close enough to hear and see what they might have been telling her, but I was so focused elsewhere at that moment…..Earl was closer to the UT bench, I was closer to the SC bench, Earl could likely explain what went down there, but as a Sr. she should have known the moment tbh, she basically guarded nobody and made no attempt to. Maybe the coaches were to blame, again I don’t know. But she is the rightful leader of that team and she had to know she was just being a spectator in such an important play. Anyway, she is one of the best in the game But she likely knows she needs to show great defensive effort in this tourney as a leader.

Last edited:

Madison Hayes can be a problem for TN

Last note, the AA snub will motivate RJ in the tourney as she is at the end of her college career and obviously wants to show everyone (WNBA) her draft status. She will be highly focused and motivated. AA list be damned, she is a top 4-5 player in the game. She did have a brain fart defensively against SC in the last 1.1 seconds, but I don’t know what her coaches were telling her either. I was close enough to hear and see what they might have been telling her, but I was so focused elsewhere at that moment…..Earl was closer to the UT bench, I was closer to the SC bench, Earl could likely explain what went down there, but as a Sr. she should have known the moment tbh, she basically guarded nobody and made no attempt to. Maybe the coaches were to blame, again I don’t know. But she is the rightful leader of that team and she had to know she was just being a spectator in such an important play. Anyway, she is one of the best in the game But she likely knows she needs to show great defensive effort in this tourney as a leader.
Dead horse alert. We vetted the video between the foul and the throwin on that effing last play endlessly and RJ and everyone else was exactly where KJH lined them up, with her best athlete guarding no one. Believe it or not. She had lined them up the same way on the inbound play before.

RJ actually went to guard Kamilla at first, but KJH waved her away. Then she went to guard the inbound but you can see Kellie backing her up into no man's land. All was set a couple of secs before the throw in; you can see Kellie drop her hands and quit giving instructions. Best we can figure, RJ was supposed to be kind of a center fielder, chasing the ball whether Fulwiley popped out of the corner for a catch and shoot or if it went to wide open Kamilla. Of course KJH outsmarted herself, since RJ couldn't have gotten either place from the island she was on. An inexplicable defense in a catch and shoot situation. Instead of starting off in position, let's see if you can get there from 10 feet away in 1 second.

Neither RJ nor TK (who was ordered to protect the rim) nor Sara, who was guarding Watkins, reacted to the throw in to KC at all, and that looked very bad. Would have been great if they had run and shouted in KC general direction, but none could have actually gotten there in 1 second. Some have suggested at least one of them should have realized how stupid the plan was and broken out of it on their own. Whatever the case, KJH decision not to have RJ guard either the throw in or the player was fatal.

Horse back to the glue factory.

Last edited:
This is what Charlie Crème said about TN.

Tennessee is the most intriguing team in this region. No one played South Carolina better than the Lady Vols, and this could be a national showcase for Rickea Jackson, a probable top-5 WNBA pick next month. If Stanford does get tripped up, Tennessee, with a big game from Jackson, is the team to do it.

Hope he’s right.

Well, it's confession time. I saw none of the pre-play setup, because we were celebrating a little early in a group hug with Tamari's mom. 🙄

Earl was closer to the UT bench, I was closer to the SC bench, Earl could likely explain what went down there, but as a Sr. she should have known the moment tbh, she basically guarded nobody and made no attempt to. Maybe the coaches were to blame, again I don’t know. But she is the rightful leader of that team and she had to know she was just being a spectator in such an important play. Anyway, she is one of the best in the game But she likely knows she needs to show great defensive effort in this tourney as a leader.

Suspected as much. I just knew it was season ending for Kitley and they were trying to prevent their seed from tanking. They are not very good without her. Amoore is too small to carry them, even as tough as she is.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.png
    IMG_4574.png
    87 KB · Views: 17
Tennessee fans despise Vandy but were slobbering for them to beat Columbia last night🤨..

Not me. I was pulling for Columbia even though I was pissed at them too lol. I just REALLY hate Vandy. Didn’t think they deserved a tournament bid at all after their super weak schedule and beating no top teams in the SEC.

VN Store

Back