Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Dude (or dudette), you've missed the whole thing. (Maybe you missed out on the comprehension lessons, huh?) Obviously his English is good, that's why I was complementing him. I was also saying most Americans (whether he is one or not, not relevant), can't use two/to/too or there/their/they're let alone accept/except (which he used very well).

It's very unusual, especially on message boards to see someone use accept/except correctly. Let alone both of them correctly in the same sentence. He did, so I just told him, nice job. Geez, let the man have a complement.
Go GUNNERS!!!! Lover your avatar.

Reactions: meyers7
Dude (or dudette), you've missed the whole thing. (Maybe you missed out on the comprehension lessons, huh?) Obviously his English is good, that's why I was complementing him. I was also saying most Americans (whether he is one or not, not relevant), can't use two/to/too or there/their/they're let alone accept/except (which he used very well).

It's very unusual, especially on message boards to see someone use accept/except correctly. Let alone both of them correctly in the same sentence. He did, so I just told him, nice job. Geez, let the man have a complement.

Extra bonus points for the intentional swapping of "complement" for the correct term...twice, just in case readers missed it the first time. You sly dog, you!

Dude (or dudette), you've missed the whole thing. (Maybe you missed out on the comprehension lessons, huh?) Obviously his English is good, that's why I was complimenting him. I was also saying most …
It's very unusual, especially on message boards to see someone use accept/except correctly. Let alone both of them correctly in the same sentence. He did, so I just told him, nice job. Geez, let the man have a complement. compliment.
Well done, Sir/Madam. 🤩

Now don't get me started on Camelia Cardosa, a.k.a., Kamilla Cardoso or Becky Hammond/Harmon/Hammon. ESL lessons begin in fifteen minutes, room 101, second door on your left.

So who we got?

Iowa or Connies
SC or NC State

I’m going NC State and Conn for a riveting rematch of their elite 8 game a few years ago
No. Because this means that UConn has a chance. I don't know who's playing first, but if UConn beats Iowa, then I'll be rooting for SC 100% the rest of the way. Otherwise, I'm all for a Cinderalla Season for NC State.

No. Because this means that UConn has a chance.

This. This is priority #1 now. All other priorities are secondary. The only thing that matters is Iowa advancing. No self-respecting Lady Vol fan would want UConn anywhere near a shot at another title.

Iowa winning is a one off, as Clark will be gone either way. No one will distinguish anything special about it, only lump it in as another notch on Clark's belt.

NC State is similarly a one off. I don't think Moore is in a position to capitalize long term, and the ACC is facing a brewing storm anyway.

South Carolina is just more of the same. I don't like it, I don't hate it. And it's not as if they can recruit any better than they already have. Just more of the same.

Compared to all those, Geno getting another title is just a big bucket of rancid Vienna Sausage vomit I don't have any desire to see or smell or even visualize.

I think it’ll end up being SC-UConn for the title. UConn wasn’t expected to make a FF due to injuries. But there’s still pressure to get there because it’s UConn. And they’re bracket was very manageable. I think the pressure is off for them, and now they can just hoop.

I want Iowa to win though. After how last years FF matchup went down, I want to see an Iowa-SC title game. Would be a revenge game for SC.

This. This is priority #1 now. All other priorities are secondary. The only thing that matters is Iowa advancing. No self-respecting Lady Vol fan would want UConn anywhere near a shot at another title.

Iowa winning is a one off, as Clark will be gone either way. No one will distinguish anything special about it, only lump it in as another notch on Clark's belt.

NC State is similarly a one off. I don't think Moore is in a position to capitalize long term, and the ACC is facing a brewing storm anyway.

South Carolina is just more of the same. I don't like it, I don't hate it. And it's not as if they can recruit any better than they already have. Just more of the same.

Compared to all those, Geno getting another title is just a big bucket of rancid Vienna Sausage vomit I don't have any desire to see or smell or even visualize.
💯%!!!!! You articulated it so much better than I could have ever dreamed of!

I think it’ll end up being SC-UConn for the title. UConn wasn’t expected to make a FF due to injuries. But there’s still pressure to get there because it’s UConn. And they’re bracket was very manageable. I think the pressure is off for them, and now they can just hoop.

I want Iowa to win though. After how last years FF matchup went down, I want to see an Iowa-SC title game. Would be a revenge game for SC.
Yeah I want Iowa overall…

But I’ll take a Iowa USC or NC State Uconn game

Would be the best for story lines and drama

I would like to see a NC State vs Iowa final but will probably be South Carolina vs UConn.
I would love to see that too. NCST's backcourt of James and Rivers is fire. They would make Caitlin Clark work hard for every point and assist and the same point would hold for Paige B. if they were to meet in the final.

I don't see Uconn beating Iowa. I think there lack of depth will be their undoing. Also, if Clark is the kind of player I think she is, she will also take a very Jordanesque approach to Geno's comments about Paige being the best player in the country.

I see another 40pt. 10 assist game in the making.

PS, I am super impressed with Paige Bueckers and what she is doing coming off her ACL injuries. If she stays healthy, she will have an absolutely monster covid season. Don't put JuJu's name on next season's player of the year trophy just yet.

I would love to see that too. NCST's backcourt of James and Rivers is fire. They would make Caitlin Clark work hard for every point and assist and the same point would hold for Paige B. if they were to meet in the final.

I don't see Uconn beating Iowa. I think there lack of depth will be their undoing. Also, if Clark is the kind of player I think she is, she will also take a very Jordanesque approach to Geno's comments about Paige being the best player in the country.

I see another 40pt. 10 assist game in the making.

PS, I am super impressed with Paige Bueckers and what she is doing coming off her ACL injuries. If she stays healthy, she will have an absolutely monster covid season. Don't put JuJu's name on next season's player of the year trophy just yet.
I actually think that UConn would be favored vs. Iowa because they have overall better players and Bueckers will do to the Hawkeyes alot of what Clark will do to UConn. Their lack of depth won't hurt them because Iowa isn't the kind of team that draws a lot of fouls to begin with. If they beat Iowa, I can totally see them winning the revenge game vs. NCST.

Hence...If UConn is in the championship game, SC better be on the other side of the court from them.

I always thought they had a good chance, when u can take the floor with 2 All Americans u have a chance, the other injuries don’t matter, that just shows how stacked the roster was before the injuries.

I think SC wins by 10-15.

UConn wins in a close one. I fear we’re gonna see a Geno masterclass on how to guard CC. HOPE I’m wrong.

Reactions: travis929

VN Store

Back