Official: UT hires Kim Caldwell as the new coach for Lady Vols basketball

Pressure at key points in the game works well - always has. Good coaches have other things in their toolbox and if something isn't working adapt and change during the game. And it is not so much the pressure as it is the ice hockey like approach of substituting every 1 to 2 minutes.
I agree on the 1 to 2 minutes. I would think more like 5 minute bursts.

Not a shooter got to have shooters to score
I just have a different take. Wynn is super athletic and can get to the basket with ease on the fast break and she can play better defense than any of our guards in a press. She's not as much of an offensive threat in a half court game like Harper's. Just my two cents. I still think she starts.

Such ignorance. It’s like talking to a wall, last time, when Raven guarded Clark she scored 7 points. Raven was not on Clark the whole game, CDS rotated defenders a bit in first half but by second half she had Raven on Clark most of the time. You can question CDS’s defensive strategy all you want, I’m sure you could coach a team to an u defeated season being such an expert.
Cool. Solid player on the best team. Raven played something like 37 mins to CC 40 mins, but run with the 7 points only scored line. But keep tossing out personal attacks… maybe message boards aren’t for you my guy if you get this upset about a good player having a solid game.

Reactions: volfan__18
Cool. Solid player on the best team. Raven played something like 37 mins to CC 40 mins, but run with the 7 points only scored line. But keep tossing out personal attacks… maybe message boards aren’t for you my guy if you get this upset about a good player having a solid game.
No dog in this race, but it's the official line from the people paid to tally such things. Clark scored 7 points with Raven guarding her.

No dog in this race, but it's the official line from the people paid to tally such things. Clark scored 7 points with Raven guarding her.
Solid game by a solid player. Didn’t dispute that… I’m not putting Raven in the “elite” category which was the original stance. That seem to upset others.

Solid game by a solid player. Didn’t dispute that… I’m not putting Raven in the “elite” category which was the original stance. That seem to upset others.
May have been when you leaned so far in you called Raven a "dime a dozen" player. Like all the others who stopped CC so effectively? That's when I knew the discussion had reached the silly season. You're swimming upstream against the eye test when you keep up the 30 pt mantra. Everyone saw what Raven did to CC when she guarded her.

May have been when you leaned so far in you called Raven a "dime a dozen" player. Like all the others who stopped CC so effectively? That's when I knew the discussion had reached the silly season. You're swimming upstream against the eye test when you keep up the 30 pt mantra. Everyone saw what Raven did to CC when she guarded her.
A lot of players like here. Dime a dozen being solid player who plays on the best team. Somehow people are taking exception with that. I’ve said she played a solid game which part is confusing? Does my wording somehow need be approved?

A lot of players like here. Dime a dozen being solid player who plays on the best team. Somehow people are taking exception with that. I’ve said she played a solid game which part is confusing? Does my wording somehow need be approved?
Not at all. Just saying there's a point when it's down to the semantics of what "elite" means and to you being a contrarian. Which is your right. But I still think you're swimming upstream from what people watched to say many players could have done what Raven did on D against Clark. Mostly bc no one else did.

Not at all. Just saying there's a point when it's down to the semantics of what "elite" means and to you being a contrarian. Which is your right. But I still think you're swimming upstream from what people watched to say many players could have done what Raven did on D against Clark. Mostly bc no one else did.
Thanks for clarifying my wording doesn’t need approval. Solid game, solid player. If you’re offended by that, I can’t help you. CC dropped 30 while playing only 3 mins of the game without Raven in.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Just a quick stat note to support your point . Clark finished 10 for 28 (35%). Most teams will take giving a star player 30 on 28 shots. If Rickea had that stat line, we would have called that an "off night."

Clark was shooting closer to 60% in the first quarter where she put up 18pts and then Raven held her 12 for the rest of the game and under 30% from the field.

Great interview with CKC.
I hope she is there for the Orange & White game tomorrow. Imagine she will be. The reception has been great!

Jill and Strip played post out of necessity, not by choice. Injury to Key and her slow recovery dictated that. It was not a coaching choice.

In other words, Kellie would not or could not recruit a true five to help Key, hence two fours playing out of position?

The In other words, Kellie would not or could not recruit a true five to help Key, hence two fours playing out of position?
Right. Was a bad recruiter, esp out of high school. It’s one of the main reasons she doesn’t work here anymore. Is this new?

Joy also coached posts, esp the 5s and Jon worked a lot w Sara and Rickea.

Are the grave dancers legs literally going to have to fall off their bodies before it’s enough?

Right. Was a bad recruiter, esp out of high school. It’s one of the main reasons she doesn’t work here anymore. Is this new?

Joy also coached posts, esp the 5s and Jon worked a lot w Sara and Rickea.

Are the grave dancers legs literally going to have to fall off their bodies before it’s enough?sccepying
We shall not rest until the public flailing and stoning happens!!!!! Anything less is accepting mediocrity…..

Last edited:
Totally off subject, but watching Free Guy this afternoon and our new coach looks a lot like actress Jodie Comer. Or am I way off base?

Attachments

• 199CDD39-46C8-41D9-AF54-DC4FC1FBE899.jpeg
    199CDD39-46C8-41D9-AF54-DC4FC1FBE899.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 8ABA67CA-4478-4401-B20C-90DF5DFDEBC2.jpeg
    8ABA67CA-4478-4401-B20C-90DF5DFDEBC2.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 12
I just have a different take. Wynn is super athletic and can get to the basket with ease on the fast break and she can play better defense than any of our guards in a press. She's not as much of an offensive threat in a half court game like Harper's. Just my two cents. I still think she starts.
What is her scoring percentage? She needs to finish.

There are people who are concerned about her "wandering" eye(s). The tendency for one or both of them to drift when she is looking straightforward.

VN Store

Back