Official Tyler Hansbrough is King of the World Thread

Hansbrough played one hell of a game last night, and UNC would have been dead in the water during the 2nd half without him.

It's regrettable that people take praise away from him just because others are subject to hyperbole.

Thank you. I actually like Hansbrough and think he is a great player and hard worker, but Vitale and company are causing a lot of America to hate him. If it weren't for the media, I bet most people would like him or at least not despise him. Except for the Dukies of course

For everybody that hates the hype machine, I have some horrible news Tim Tebow will be at Florida for two more years.

That was the best I seen from TH against UofL.

He has disappeared on offense a few times, but nobody ever mentions that.

To me, he will be like a white Dennis Rodman before Rodman met Madonna, anybody remember Rodman before Madonna?

That MJ comment is just out there, but nothing really shocks me anymore.

As far as Rodman, I remember very well watching Rodman playing with the Pistons, he just got his fame when he started coloring his hair, etc.

Hansbrough played one hell of a game last night, and UNC would have been dead in the water during the 2nd half without him.

It's regrettable that people take praise away from him just because others are subject to hyperbole.
I think Tyler is a good college basketball player, and he did have a very good game against UL.

That being said, Bilas' comments stating that TH was a more competitive player than MJ were just ludicrous.

nc-tyler.jpg

Plain in simple. Its not because of his color. It is because he is a good player for UNC. He is a trash player. The offense at UNC doesnt even run through him. The media likes him because he plays intense, gets rebounds and put back points, hits a few jump shots, and is alway around the ball.
TH will not be able to play in the NBA. He might play for a year or two but not ever really be a factor.

Plain in simple. Its not because of his color. It is because he is a good player for UNC. He is a trash player. The offense at UNC doesnt even run through him. The media likes him because he plays intense, gets rebounds and put back points, hits a few jump shots, and is alway around the ball.
TH will not be able to play in the NBA. He might play for a year or two but not ever really be a factor.

I'm not a huge TH or UNC fan, but have you watched their games? Whenever they run in transition they try to post him up. Also, you don't score 23 points a game in a good league through just garbage points. Also, he's a good enough rebounder to last more than a few years in the NBA. Rebounding is one of the few skills that usually translates from college to NBA. He won't be a great player in the NBA, but he'll be in the top 8/9 on someone's roster for a while.

I'm not a huge TH or UNC fan, but have you watched their games? Whenever they run in transition they try to post him up. Also, you don't score 23 points a game in a good league through just garbage points. Also, he's a good enough rebounder to last more than a few years in the NBA. Rebounding is one of the few skills that usually translates from college to NBA. He won't be a great player in the NBA, but he'll be in the top 8/9 on someone's roster for a while.
He didn't play in a good league, he was in the ACC. You remember Jerome Lane? How'd his collegiate rebounding help his NBA career work out?

The guy is a decent player, but is the beneficiary of all decent big men moving on to the pros early. He shoots 10 FTs per night due to some helpful officiating and some inferior big man talent around him. He's not going to shoot 10 FTs in the NBA and at 6'9", he is not going to dominate the paint. He might will himself to some rebounds, but he isn't scoring at the next level. He's going to be player of the year, but he can't touch Horford, who never even sniffed All-American while at UF.

And I hate the way they praise his work ethic. Not that I doubt that he does work hard, but it's not as if all of the other players in D1 are just slouching their way to the top.

He didn't play in a good league, he was in the ACC. You remember Jerome Lane? How'd his collegiate rebounding help his NBA career work out?

The guy is a decent player, but is the beneficiary of all decent big men moving on to the pros early. He shoots 10 FTs per night due to some helpful officiating and some inferior big man talent around him. He's not going to shoot 10 FTs in the NBA and at 6'9", he is not going to dominate the paint. He might will himself to some rebounds, but he isn't scoring at the next level. He's going to be player of the year, but he can't touch Horford, who never even sniffed All-American while at UF.

I don't think that when I said he'd be in the 8/9 man roster on an NBA team for a while, I was maintaining he would "dominate" the paint. All I was saying was that he would be in the NBA for a while (not just 1-2 years). The Al Horford comparison is silly because Horford is a starter in the NBA which TH will never be. He is what he is - a great college player who will be a decent bench guy in the NBA.

I don't think that when I said he'd be in the 8/9 man roster on an NBA team for a while, I was maintaining he would "dominate" the paint. All I was saying was that he would be in the NBA for a while (not just 1-2 years). The Al Horford comparison is silly because Horford is a starter in the NBA which TH will never be. He is what he is - a great college player who will be a decent bench guy in the NBA.
The Horford comparison was referring to some of the comments above about Hansbrough's whiteness and playing for UNC are instrumental in his newsworthiness. Horford was the best player on the best team in the country for the past two seasons and never even sniffed AA status and certainly didn't have the media pundits hanging all over him.

Does third team AA count as sniffing AA status? That's what Horford was his last year - one notch below Hansbrough by the way who was second team. If Horford had stayed for his senior year, he would be right up there with TH on first team.

VN Store

Back