Official Tyler Hansbrough is King of the World Thread

volfan55

Get Ready for this....
Seriously, this is getting sickening. Sure TH can play very well, but some of this is getting a bit ridiculous. Saying things like "No one has Hansbrough's heart" or "He is the premier player in America" or my personal favorite "TH is more competitive than Michael Jordan" is a bit out of hand. How can you measure someone's heart. Seriously they act like he is the only guy who hustles. The best player in America is Mike Beasley and it's not even close. Seriously the premier player should dominate in college AND be a prominent figure in talks about the NBA. And more competitvie than Michael Jordan? That's the most laughable thing I've ever heard in my life. MJ would hand TH his ass on a frickin' silver platter, complete with side items and BBQ sauce.

There's no doubt TH is a great player, but this is getting to be, well you decide:
a) Deserved
b) Monotonous
c) Undeserved
d) Barf

D.

The kids got skills, but seriously. It's disgusting how much ESPN and the talking heads hype him up.

YEah, but it gets a lil old with the man sex these guys wish they could engage in with him

Did you hear Dick Enberg cream his pants when Kevin Love knocked the ball loose from behind the backboard? That, my friend, was sickening.

I often wonder if he would be as popular with the media if he wasn't at a college in North Carolina.

There, that's the more pertinent question.
It definitely is. I can't stand it when players are described based on things like "basketball IQ" and "heart" as if anybody what it is or how to measure either. That's usually code for "white guy who is a step slow but manages to get the job done".

In the spirit of this thread, I nominate Duke, Butler, and Belmont for "The Biggest Heart of the '08 NCAA Tourney" award.

It definitely is. I can't stand it when players are described based on things like "basketball IQ" and "heart" as if anybody what it is or how to measure either. That's usually code for "white guy who is a step slow but manages to get the job done".
anyone who believes it's anything but the fact that he's white and plays for UNC, they are fooling themselves in a big way.

That said, he did play the best game I've seen from him last night. Padgett, sans all the injuries, would have abused him, but just can't any longer.

When Bilas said TH is more competitive than MJ it confirmed, once again, that Bilas is a dunce.

Every time that UNC plays, expect to hear at least two hours of completely unnecessary ball washing directed at "Psycho T."

Gerald Henderson should have finished the job.
tyler-bloody.jpg

tyler-bloody2.jpg

My wife doesn't know anything at all about basketball, and even she asked me during the game last night, "Would the announcers be going this crazy over this guy if he weren't white?" It's hard to believe that the announcers can't hear themselves doing it and shut up. To act as though Hansbrough has somehow achieved a new level of effort that surpasses anybody before him is just insane.

i'll bet my lunch money that kevin love (among many others) will be a far better pro than hansbrough.

K love will have his hands full with all the size and strength of Memphis this weekend.

I agree, Texas saw that the Lopez sisters were nothing like what the Tigers have...and soon UCLA will realize this, too.

Hansbrough played one hell of a game last night, and UNC would have been dead in the water during the 2nd half without him.

It's regrettable that people take praise away from him just because others are subject to hyperbole.

I don't think people are denying his a good basketball player, but most are just tired of all the ludicrous comments from the general media about him.

Wow he actually said that?

Yes. He said that he played against Jordan in college and based on his experience against MJ, TH is a more competitive person. He also said his competitiveness outweighs his talent - and "TH has a lot of talent".

VN Store

Back