Official Tennessee vs. Oakland game thread

And you keep being a moron for not getting the point.

I get your point - based on name alone, you think USC is a better team. They aren't. Losing to a USC team last season that we were huge favorites against in a game in which we shot something like 30% was definitely more embarrassing than this.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. I'm not really mad or anything, I think that all of us are just stunned, frustrated, and looking for answers after a night like this.

Young in terms of time playing together. A lot of guys playing bigger minutes than they have in the past.

That's kind of what Im upset with. Win the game first. Then worry about 10 man rotation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The sky's not falling but this reminded me how I can't get my hopes up with a Pearl team. They don't stay on cloud nine for long, that's for sure. Well, glad I'm back to reality now. I'll be better prepared next time we start getting hyped again. Say hello to the ceiling above your head Pearl. You only surpass expectations for a short while before reminding us you're limitations. As for Hopson, I'll be glad when he jumps for the NBA. He'll eventually only be able to disappoint fans in Turkey or Greece. Anyone who wants to flame, go ahead. You're probably the same ones that were on here yesterday talking about us going to Kentucky 22-0 or starting 13-0.

Just not acceptable. Tennessee trying to establish themselves as a powerhouse is basketball you just can't lose to Oakland. Not acceptable. This loss is on the players not the coaches.

Not a good night for the Vols-both men & women! Knew Ladies had a tough one though and again on Sunday-Stanford.

I'm disappointed, but not to mad. What makes me mad is that we have a hard time handling success.

True...now that I think of it I've been way more disappointed in other loses even though I knew it'd be a hard game. Vandy in 08 after we became number 1 comes in mind.

Quoting yourself now

Haha. I don't know if he does it regularly but at least it's for a good cause. I've personally apologized to people via private message just because I thought I was a huge jerk. It happens sometimes. Between tough losses and drinking... it happens. I love this place so I hate fighting with people all the time.

Handling success is a major problem for Pearl teams. Scheduling Oakland 72 hours after Pitt was a tactical error by Pearl.

McBee is brutal every night

He is Jordan Howell...awful.

Bone will add some actual ability to make 3's and lock down his defender.

Maymon will add some size and rebounding, which we need in a bad way.

I'm disappointed, but not to mad. What makes me mad is that we have a hard time handling success.

Good call. His UWMilwaukee teams and underrated Tennessee teams rise to the occasion. Whenever they are suppose to be good, that's when they struggle. Let's hope this is a wake up call and they win out. I really thought going into last year that they were the most talented team Tennessee has ever had and during last season, I thought this team would be even more talented. Last years team went to the Elite 8, I wouldn't complain about a Final Four but I am hoping for a championship appearance. A alot of season left... we'll see.

Last edited:
He is Jordan Howell...awful.

Bone will add some actual ability to make 3's and lock down his defender.

Maymon will add some size and rebounding, which we need in a bad way.

Jordan Howell...:banghead2:

I'm not sure it's possible to count the amount of times I heard announcers say about Howell "he might be in a slump right now, but he's always dangerous". He might've been dangerous for one game in his entire career. Maybe.

By the way, teams shooting poorly is one thing, that happens. But the substitution/rotation of this game was horrific. Way to put your son in the game Pearl when we were in dire need of offense and some momentum. Turnover foul. Missed shot foul. If there was anything I'd hang this loss on it'd be Pearl's constant subing. Thankfully Steven is a senior. No more playing subpar favorites. Oh, and subing in McBee who jacked up a 3 as soon as he came in without running any shot clock while we were up 8 is poetic justice. McBrick probably still doesn't know why he's always open lol. Keep playing those subpar players with a loaded roster, Pearl.

I live in memphis, now im going to have to hear it from all the memphis fans for the next couple day.....

Screw em' man. Basketball is all they have and they aren't that amazing. They don't have a championship, yet. I don't know if they ever will but that is their best shot. If they want to talk crap, screw em'.

I live in memphis, now im going to have to hear it from all the memphis fans for the next couple day.....

I can take it from Memphis fans because there aren't that many of them and they have to wear bulletproof vests all day to stay alive in that joke of a city.

However, I get to take a ton of it from Vandy fans until we play them next month. Vanderbilt fans are easily the douchiest fans in sports.

By the way, teams shooting poorly is one thing, that happens. But the substitution/rotation of this game was horrific. Way to put your son in the game Pearl when we were in dire need of offense and some momentum. Turnover foul. Missed shot foul. If there was anything I'd hang this loss on it'd be Pearl's constant subing. Thankfully Steven is a senior. No more playing subpar favorites. Oh, and subing in McBee who jacked up a 3 as soon as he came in without running any shot clock while we were up 8 is poetic justice. McBrick probably still doesn't know why he's always open lol. Keep playing those subpar players with a loaded roster, Pearl.

Bruce didn't make any errors with the rotation. Tobias had 4 fouls with 6 minutes left and Kenny Hall is not good at basketball right now.

His rotations and substituting i thought were horrendous as well. McBee, Pearl and Kenny Hall all in the game at key stretches in the second half. Not many offensive options there.

I can take it from Memphis fans because there aren't that many of them and they have to wear bulletproof vests all day to stay alive in that joke of a city.

However, I get to take a ton of it from Vandy fans until we play them next month. Vanderbilt fans are easily the douchiest fans in sports.

If you think Vandy fans are bad, you need to meet some Kentucky fans. I hate them, all of them

I've just accepted the fact that we'll have these types of losses every year. We're still the same team that destroyed Pitt. We've got alot to work on, but we're still very good.

VN Store

Back