Official Seed List Watch Party Thread

Yesterdays updated seed list, trimmed down to 1-16 as 4 seed seems to be our floor batting a total collapse…

1. Purdue
2. Alabama
3. Houston
4. Tennessee
———————
5. Kansas
6. Arizona
7. UCLA
8. Texas
———————
9. Kansas State
10. Iowa State
11. Virginia
12. Baylor
———————
13. Gonzaga
14. Xavier
15. Marquette
16. TCU

Tonight’s games:
8pm: Kansas State vs. Kansas
8:30pm: Vanderbilt vs. Alabama
9pm: West Virginia vs. TCU

The KState/Kansas one is tough, most have Kansas ahead of KState still even though they’ve dropped 3/4. Obviously we have the win over Kansas and want that to continue to look good although I don’t think that’s in jeopardy of not being the case. A road win for KState could be a needle mover for them, I can see a case either way. Realistically whoever wins we’ll have to monitor and whoever loses will have a tough time catching us if we close out the season strong.

How doesn't it? We have same record, no blowout losses, basically same argument Alabama had over us in football minus the head to head. Kenpom seems to think so also.
They have 6 Q1 wins, we have 4.
They have 0 losses outside Q1, we have 2.
Q1 & Q2 combined we are 7-3 they are 11-3.
We’ve played 11 Q3&Q4 games, they’ve played 7.

That’s why of 81 brackets everyone sees Bama as a 1 seed, but only half see Tennessee as a 1 seed.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons I wished we played more of the upper level mid majors in November and December to replace some of those quad 4 games with quad 2 games.

That’s why of 81 brackets everyone sees Bama as a 1 seed, but only half see Tennessee as a 1 seed.
I agree. At this point I can see a 1, 2 or 3 seed. This will become a paralysis of analysis until the final bracket is released.

I am trying to figure out which Region will be the best for us and future recruiting. I like the East.

I truly believe that Tennessee will get the monkey off their back this year. No matter what seed or Region as long as they bring a rested defense and play defense they are good to go.

CRB has so many options for lineups, with depth and experience. To me it will be about the Seed Draw, the Region, and the Refs.

This is one of the reasons I wished we played more of the upper level mid majors in November and December to replace some of those quad 4 games with quad 2 games.

I don’t think it’s really that big of a deal. Our schedule hasn’t been as tough as last year, but it’s still tough and we’re currently sitting at a 1-seed in February with plenty of quality opportunities for wins in front of us. Our seeding will be fine if we just keep winning. All options are on the table at this point. We just have to play well.

I don’t think it’s really that big of a deal. Our schedule hasn’t been as tough as last year, but it’s still tough and we’re currently sitting at a 1-seed in February with plenty of quality opportunities for wins in front of us. Our seeding will be fine if we just keep winning. All options are on the table at this point. We just have to play well.
Oh yeah, I agree, I mainly just mean it also wasn't the most fun 3 game stretch of the season as a season ticket holder with McNeese State, Alcorn State, and Eastern Kentucky all 3 in a row. I understand you gotta play those teams, but man it was a boring 3 game stretch lol

Texas game made up for it though in terms of atmosphere imo

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
Oh yeah, I agree, I mainly just mean it also wasn't the most fun 3 game stretch of the season as a season ticket holder with McNeese State, Alcorn State, and Eastern Kentucky all 3 in a row. I understand you gotta play those teams, but man it was a boring 3 game stretch lol

Texas game made up for it though in terms of atmosphere imo
You need these games to Coach and players need these games to learn. Sometimes you learn more about your team from a blowout win than you do from a close loss/win. Early on in the season it comes down to coaching and players getting the game flow and understanding the do's and don'ts on the court.

I would have to do a deeper dive on OOC slate, but I think the discrepancy has more to do with early part of SEC slate for each team than it does OOC schedule.

Barttorvik projects Alabama to finish 6-5 in Q1 & 8-1 in Q2, so 14-6 combined.

Barttorvik projects Tennessee to finish 9-2 in Q1 & 6-2 in Q2, so 15-4 combined.

So their current 4 game lead in games against Q1&Q2 combined is expected to disappear as we start playing our tougher slate, which again tells me that it likely was more the soft part of early SEC slate for us that got us behind, not OOC.

Reactions: Willy14
I agree. At this point I can see a 1, 2 or 3 seed. This will become a paralysis of analysis until the final bracket is released.

I am trying to figure out which Region will be the best for us and future recruiting. I like the East.

I truly believe that Tennessee will get the monkey off their back this year. No matter what seed or Region as long as they bring a rested defense and play defense they are good to go.

CRB has so many options for lineups, with depth and experience. To me it will be about the Seed Draw, the Region, and the Refs.
This would be about 5,248 on my list of things I would worry about with placement in the bracket.

And more so than region I would rather have a nice first weekend location, Birmingham or Greensboro would be nice…but don’t want Greensboro if it’s gonna also have Duke/UNC.

This would be about 5,248 on my list of things I would worry about with placement in the bracket
At least it is on your list. LOL
Care to share your top 20 of worries at this time?
OBTW, I am not worried about anything at this point with the exception of a total screwing by the Selection Committee and zero respect.
Beats pontificating about a schedule that is halfway over. What's done is done.

At least it is on your list. LOL
Care to share your top 20 of worries at this time?
OBTW, I am not worried about anything at this point with the exception of a total screwing by the Selection Committee and zero respect.
Beats pontificating about a schedule that is halfway over. What's done is done.
I was just referring to the idea that where we are placed in a region will have a recruiting impact, can’t say I’ve ever heard that one before is all.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I was just referring to the idea that where we are placed in a region will have a recruiting impact, can’t say I’ve ever heard that one before is all.
I like the East because of ZZ and Awaka. We have always done well with players from that region and this would give us some more exposure.
What's more, of course it depends on our Seed 1 vs a 2 vs a 3 but we often get shafted on the seed. East, South, Midwest, and West are our choices. All said and done maybe we get in the South. I like the East but time will tell once the bracket is revealed. Again, the Committee is never our friend and I have never felt like we get a fair shake from them for some reason.

Turn on Basilio, he's got a guy coming on Stats By Will, Will Warren, he says Tennessee and Houston are way above anyone else right now as far as his analytics and metrics.

Turn on Basilio, he's got a guy coming on Stats By Will, Will Warren, he says Tennessee and Houston are way above anyone else right now as far as his analytics and metrics.

They are…on KenPom. But the committee uses more than KenPom and straight analytics. KenPom doesn’t consider wins and losses. Ohio State is 28 at KenPom with a 11-10 record. They are only in 8 brackets on bracket matrix.

This would be about 5,248 on my list of things I would worry about with placement in the bracket.

And more so than region I would rather have a nice first weekend location, Birmingham or Greensboro would be nice…but don’t want Greensboro if it’s gonna also have Duke/UNC.

We all know that Lunardi sucks, but his most updated bracket last night has us as the 1-seed in the East. We start in Greensboro and the 8/9 matchup is Clemson/FAU. A very favorable draw. I would be thrilled with that.

Last edited:
We can prove our point of deserving a higher 1 seed simply by beating Ala. twice and Ky at Rupp.

Do that and case closed. Purdue will lose 1 or 2 games, Houston may not have another loss.

If we take care of business with Ala and Ky, Houston and UT should be the top overall seeds, not necessarily in that order. :)

Yes, Will is great, I’ve shared lots of his stuff here…he’s referring to snapshot of the team, not resume, there’s a difference.

We all know that Lunardi sucks, but his most updated bracket last night has us as the 1-seed in the East. We start in Grennesboro and the 8/9 matchup is Clemson/FAU. A very favorable draw. I would be thrilled with that.
For sure…worst case that I see right now is getting Greensboro and drawing Duke or UNC in a 2nd round matchup, that would suck.

VN Store

Back