Official Screw Your Cable Company Thread

I've got U-Verse at my place in Alabama and DISH at my place in Georgia; so I'm good to go with the SECN.

DISH with the Hopper can't be beat.

I've had DirecTV, Cox cable, Comcast cable, Brighthouse cable, Charter cable, AT&T U-Verse, and DISH; and DISH beats them all in price, programming, equipment, and customer service by far.

I talked to Charter ( I live in Wisconsin and in a rural area and that is all they have! UGH ) and they said they needed more people calling in and asking for it so if you are living in the Midwest PLEASE call and ask for the SEC Network!! :) GO VOLS!

I talked to Charter ( I live in Wisconsin and in a rural area and that is all they have! UGH ) and they said they needed more people calling in and asking for it so if you are living in the Midwest PLEASE call and ask for the SEC Network!! :) GO VOLS!

According to Deerpark if Charter gets it - all areas with Charter will no matter what the location -- its nationwide

I think DirecTV and Comcast will get it done.

But if they don't, I'll go to a sports bar or find a stream online. No way I'm switching to Dish. It's crap.

Reactions: 4 people

But if they don't, I'll go to a sports bar or find a stream online. No way I'm switching to Dish. It's crap.

I hate to bother with a switch also - I wish Deerpark would give an update on this - I dont see why Comcast and Direct have to be such hard @sses about signing now

Reactions: 1 person
I got an email saying Direct was working on getting it and that i shouldn't read into ATT and Dish getting it first.

Take it for what its worth i guess.

So I called Comcast today and spoke with someone who has not heard about the SEC Network! I'm getting worried here.

I have call DIRECTV over 10 times in the pass 2 week.I have told them that they could give me free service and I would still drop them.Im going to keep giving them hell about it.just keep calling.....

According to Deerpark if Charter gets it - all areas with Charter will no matter what the location -- its nationwide

I hate to bother with a switch also - I wish Deerpark would give an update on this - I dont see why Comcast and Direct have to be such hard @sses about signing now

I'm not sure why you people rely on a Natural Spring Bottled Water company for your latest cable news.

:wink:

Reactions: 2 people

I have had Directv and Comcast recently while both have advantages, neither have the receivers that Dish can offer with the Hopper, and the ability to skip commercials on recorded programs. Neither Comcast or Directv offer the value and quality of Dish.

Reactions: 2 people
Just watched CSS's Talking Football and the Comcast President (or something like that) was on there. He said that Comcast was in negotiations with the sec network. He stated that the major hold up was in getting the sec network to allow customers to buy the network by itself. He went on about how people who did not want it should not have to pay extra for it. so, pretty much if you have Comcast look for your rates to get raised for it or to have to buy it in an extra package similar to the NFL network.

I suggest that if you live in the Chattanooga viewing area to get EPB. That is what I have and it's great.

Just watched CSS's Talking Football and the Comcast President (or something like that) was on there. He said that Comcast was in negotiations with the sec network. He stated that the major hold up was in getting the sec network to allow customers to buy the network by itself. He went on about how people who did not want it should not have to pay extra for it. so, pretty much if you have Comcast look for your rates to get raised for it or to have to buy it in an extra package similar to the NFL network.

I suggest that if you live in the Chattanooga viewing area to get EPB. That is what I have and it's great.

EPB is getting the SEC Network I hear.

Well golly gee Comcast has alot of garbage channels nobody wants to pay for - put it in the sports package CEO Einsten

I live in the Chattanooga area also and I suggest folks get U-verse. That's what I have and its great and it wasn't built on the tax payer's dime like EPB's fiber network - biggest government scam ever in TN. Entire network built off of electrical rate payers and federal government grants to compete with private businesses.

I live in the Chattanooga area also and I suggest folks get U-verse. That's what I have and its great and it wasn't built on the tax payer's dime like EPB's fiber network - biggest government scam ever in TN. Entire network built off of electrical rate payers and federal government grants to compete with private businesses.

How is U-verse? The one thing that I am concerned about with them is the slow internet. I like to stream Netflix and work from home occassionally. I can't have slow internet.

Translation....if we get the SEC network we're either raising everybody's rates some or we're raising everybody's rates some and anbody who wants the SEC network we're raising some more.

Oh...and if we dont get the SEC network your rates will still go up.

VN Store

Back