'21 Official RF Orange & White Game Chatter thread...

I been told ppl this Hooker is not the answer. Why would a qb lose his position at a lower P5 and be the answer here. I get sick of ppl getting excited about castaways from school we beat even when we have been down. If he can't sustain the position in the ACC he damn sure can't play in the SEC.
Maybe not but I noticed some interesting things about the stats. Hooker took the first snap with the "white" team. Bailey and Maurer both got reps with both the Orange and White teams.

Hooker was 10-14 for over 100 yards a TD and a pick with the White team. Maurer was 5-6 for 100 yds. Bailey was 4-4 for 65 yds. I don't think you can draw a conclusion out of this... but typically your #1 QB goes first with your #1 offense and takes the most snaps with them.

I don't know how one team can have so many terrible starting QB's. JG, Dormady, Peterman, Worley, Simms and Crompton. Crompton was serviceable at the end, but he was pretty terrible until the end. Bray and Dobbs broke up this group of bad, but that list is about as bad as it can get.

Bray was a head case, and as much as I liked watching dobbs, he wasn't the best QB I have ever seen, but Dobbs was a phenomenal athlete.

I don't know how one team can have so many terrible starting QB's. JG, Dormady, Peterman, Worley, Simms and Crompton. Crompton was serviceable at the end, but he was pretty terrible until the end. Bray and Dobbs broke up this group of bad, but that list is about as bad as it can get.

Bray was a head case, and as much as I liked watching dobbs, he wasn't the best QB I have ever seen, but Dobbs was a phenomenal athlete.
We sold our souls for Peyton.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Maybe not but I noticed some interesting things about the stats. Hooker took the first snap with the "white" team. Bailey and Maurer both got reps with both the Orange and White teams.

Hooker was 10-14 for over 100 yards a TD and a pick with the White team. Maurer was 5-6 for 100 yds. Bailey was 4-4 for 65 yds. I don't think you can draw a conclusion out of this... but typically your #1 QB goes first with your #1 offense and takes the most snaps with them.
I am unsure what is typical during Spring games. All I know is HB hit a number of long gainers and hit receivers in stride. It has been a while since I have seen one of our QBs hit a receiver in stride. I liked what I saw from him and the others really look pretty good except for the int.

Reactions: tnvols72
I am unsure what is typical during Spring games. All I know is HB hit a number of long gainers and hit receivers in stride. It has been a while since I have seen one of our QBs hit a receiver in stride. I liked what I saw from him and the others really look pretty good except for the int.
all I know is developmentally they are in better shape now than with predecessors.

this staff seems hungry.

I didn't get a whole lot out of the game. Glad to see anything resembling a passing game. Tillman made some really nice catches. Small ran hard, the QBs didn't do anything to discourage me...maurer and HB stood apart from hooker imo. Wish we could have seen salter. So I'll call it a win on the whole...

All that said...I think we have a long way to go and a short time to get there overall.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Hard to complete passes while lying on you back. Watched his High school State Championship game on ESPN years ago, as Jedaveon Clowny's team was playing, Worley's passing game carved them up with surgical precision.

Yep I remember watching Rock Hill play vs Clowney and running everything opposite of Clowney and Worley shredding them up. Also got Worley the Gatorade POY. Then he cm and played for a fool who had no clue how to switch the offense to the players skillet. Dumb azz idiot had Worley trying to run the read option offense and he was getting tee'd off on.

VN Store

Back