Official preseason predictions 2014

I'm probably too new to VN to start this thread, but since no one has started it yet and I'm bored, I will. Let's see your game by game predictions of the upcoming season!

USU 17 UT 27
ASU 13 UT 45

OU 42 UT 20
UGA 23 UT 19
UF 20 UT 21
UTC 06 UT 51

MISS 23 UT 20
BAMA 38 UT 16
SCAR 24 UT 17
UK 13 UT 31
MIZZOU 33 UT 35
VU 10 UT 27

Final Outcome 7-5

I'd love to see wins over Ole Miss, Georgia, and South Carolina but I just don't think it will happen this year. But, in the end, who knows! That's what makes college football what it is.:toast:

Thanks Jimmy

In oxford not Knoxville part the reason why we come up short.

ever notice how the Vols almost always lose on arti turf ? Beat NC St on it but other than that one it must have been at Vandy several years back

Last edited:
Utah State-Win
Arkansas State-Win
Oklahoma-Loss
Georgia-Loss
Florida-Win (I think we FINALLY beat these bastards)
Chatt-Win
Ole Miss-Loss
Bama-Loss
S. Car-Loss
UK-Win
Missouri-Loss (Right now it's a loss, idk what to really think of them right now.)
Vandy-Win

6-6...bowl game. I'll be happy with this result. 2015 is the year the big orange bounce back!!

Wow! You'll be happy with us losing to every single rival of ours. Lol!

Wins- USU, Ark State, Chatt, UK, Vandy, & I think we beat Mizzou..... Georgia or Florida I think we will get one of the two but not both

Losses in order of degree of difficulty- OU, Bama, S.Carolina, & Ole Miss

Beating Carolina & Ole Miss is definitely doable, but in the end I think we finish strong in November and have a 7-5 record with a decent bowl.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
USU 17 UT 38
ASU 14 UT 35
OU 24 UT 27
UGA 31 UT 21
UF 20 UT 28
UTC 7 UT 52
MISS 27 UT 20
BAMA 31 UT 28
SCAR 24 UT 27
UK 14 UT 35
MIZZOU 31 UT 21
VU 10 UT 20

I know that I have probably been drinking way to much orange cool aid but I don't think 8-4 sounds that unrealistic. It's definitely time for luck to be on our side and with UGA, Bama and USC all having to start new quarterbacks... who knows what could happen??

Wins- USU, Ark State, Chatt, UK, Vandy, & I think we beat Mizzou..... Georgia or Florida I think we will get one of the two but not both

Losses in order of degree of difficulty- OU, Bama, S.Carolina, & Ole Miss

Beating Carolina & Ole Miss is definitely doable, but in the end I think we finish strong in November and have a 7-5 record with a decent bowl.

Go Vols.

I don't see us beating Florida yet. Even though Florida is often a worse team than us, we still manage to end up losing to them.
This will change once we take a "Never quit attitude for the entire game"
If we take one play off and get lazy, they will beat us.
We have had them against the ropes several times in games but they always manage to get the win.
One year, Justin Hunter was injured. Another year, we could not stop their run game. We literally lost that game by giving up two big plays.

You think we beat Bama and go 8-4. So which 4 teams do you think we lose to that you think are better than Bama? Its not that hard.

It's not a matter of who has the better team. It's a matter of who has the best team ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY.

There may be five teams better than us on our schedule, we could upset Bama because we outplay them ON THAT DAY but not any of the weaker four because they outplay us ON THOSE DAYS. Could happen.:zeitung_lesen:

VFE

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't see us beating Florida yet. Even though Florida is often a worse team than us, we still manage to end up losing to them.
This will change once we take a "Never quit attitude for the entire game"
If we take one play off and get lazy, they will beat us.
We have had them against the ropes several times in games but they always manage to get the win.
One year, Justin Hunter was injured. Another year, we could not stop their run game. We literally lost that game by giving up two big plays.

Florida isn't often a worse team than us. Very rarely in the past 20 years have they been worse than us.

Lately they'll make a couple plays or we'll miss 5 tackles and they'll make a play that rips our heart out.

We don't have to be perfect to beat Florida this year, though it would be great to put a perfect ass whoopin' on them similar to 1990.

USU 17 UT 35
ASU 17 UT 45
OU 20 UT 28
UGA 20 UT 23
UF 13 UT 30
UTC 03 UT 51
MISS 17 UT 24
BAMA 35 UT 33
SCAR 17 UT 28
UK 14 UT 35
MIZZOU 21 UT 35
VU 10 UT 41
AU 40 UT 41
FSU 28 UT 14

Final Outcome 12-2/ Beat the Barn in SEC championship game/ Lose first round playoffs against FSU
I believe!!!!!

Last edited:
USU 21 UT 45
ASU 17 UT 42
OU 38 UT 21
UGA 35 UT 20
UF 17 UT 28
UTC 03 UT 47
Miss 35 UT 38
UA 34 UT 20
USC 28 UT 27
UK 20 UT 38
UM 13 UT 28
VU 10 UT 41

8-4 (5-3)
Yeah, I'm wearing orange tinted glasses, but it's the offseason.

I could see this but I would probably give Ole Miss the adv in their house and switch the Ga game to us. Prob call the USU game a bit closer too.

Utah State-W
Arkansas State-W
Oklahoma-L
Georgia-L
Florida-W
Chatt-W
Ole Miss-W
Bama-L
S. Car-W
UK-W
Missouri-W
Vandy-W

9 wins and then we beat an overrated team in a bowl game somewhere other than in TN

8/30: Utah State - W
9/6: Arkansas State - W
9/13: at Oklahoma - L
9/20: OPEN
9/27: at Georgia - L
10/4: Florida - L
10/11: Chattanooga - W
10/18: at Ole Miss - L
10/25: Alabama - L
11/1: at South Carolina - L
11/8: OPEN
11/15: Kentucky - W
11/22: Missouri - L
11/29: at Vanderbilt - W

5-7. Losing to Vanderbilt is a possibility depending on how bad our o and d lines are this season.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the ceiling for this team could be 8-4, with 4-8 being the worse they will do. Regardless of how many wins the Vols get, it will be a successful season if UT beats the teams they are supposed to beat, and they beat UF to end that streak. That would be a successful season IMO.

USU 13 UT 31
ArkSt 14 UT 45
OK 27 UT 31
UG 27 UT 34
UF 16 UT 20
UTC 07 UT 49
Ole Miss 20 UT 24
bama 27 UT 23
USCe 24 UT 17
UK 10 UT 38
Mizzou 20 UT 35
VU 10 UT 38

Last edited:
Wins:
Utah st
Ark st
FL
Chatt
Ole miss
Missouri
Vandy
Kentucky
Losses:
Oklahoma
Bama
S. Carolina
Toss-up:
UGA
8-4 or 9-3... Just have a good feeling about this year!

I've reassessed a few things since my last prediction for the season.

Games we should win barring truly disasterous line play:
- Utah State
- Arkansas State
- Chattanooga
- Kentucky
- Missouri (upgraded from a toss-up)
- @Vanderbilt

Games we will very likely lose:
- @Oklahoma
- @Georgia
- Florida
- Alabama
These are the only games I would consider an upset if we won.

The toss-ups:
- @Ole Miss
- @South Carolina (upgraded from likely loss)
Both games are on the road against teams with similar talent levels to ours. South Carolina's talent is balanced between positions better than ours. Ole Miss's best talent is a year older than ours. I could see us losing both, winning both, or splitting them, but they're both winnable. We may have to win one to make up for a loss against one of the teams we should beat (God, I hope not). Regardless of how these teams are ranked when we play, I can't see either of these as an upset as we're close to evenly matched.

Overall:
If our line play is better than expected, we could win all the games we should, the toss-ups, and upset Georgia (most likely upset IMO due to them playing down to competition) or Florida (if the OC hire is the puppet instead of the master) to go 9-3, but I seriously doubt all that will happen. I would say our line play and struggles in SEC road games will most likely keep us from even being able to go 8-4, so I'm guessing 6-6. Anything less would be underachieving because it would mean we lost to the likes of Missouri (again), Kentucky, Vanderbilt (again), or worse, and that we didn't win a toss-up game or have an upset to make up for it.

USU 23 UT 42
ASU 10 UT 48

OU 38 UT 28
UGA 20 UT 24
UF 17 UT 31
UTC 06 UT 52

MISS 31 UT 20
BAMA 31 UT 13
SCAR 17 UT 20
UK 10 UT 38
MIZZOU 10 UT 35
VU 7 UT 38