Official predictions thread

25-6 or 24-7. If we can get through the non conference with just 2 losses than I feel really good about 25-6. That means going 4-2 in the stretch of Colorado, Arizona, Maryland, Butler, and (insert other two B4A games). I think that's possible and puts us probably in the top 10 going into conference play. How many teams are going to even be good in the SEC? Kentucky, Arkansas, Alabama (probably), Auburn. That might be it. Keep in mind USCe was 5th in the conference last year, and didn't come close to beating us either time. Who else from the mid tier jumps up? Maybe Vandy?

ESPN final Preseason 2022-2023 Preseason Men's College Basketball Top 25 predictions. They have Tennessee as #13.

1-North Carolina
2-Gonzaga
3-Houston
4-Kentucky
5-Duke
6-Kansas
7-Creighton
8-Baylor
9-Arkansas
10-UCLA
11-Texas
12-Villanova
13-Tennessee:cool:
14-Indiana
15-Auburn
16-TCU
17-Arizona
18-Virginia
19-Oregon
20-Alabama
21-San Diego State
22-Dayton
23-UConn
24-Illinois
25-Texas Tech

I think you guys are being overly cautious. If Phillips is anywhere close to the press he’s been getting, adding him to the most seasoned team since Admiral’s last year will make us very formidable. With good health and some March luck we’ve got a final four type roster IMO
How many times have we said that, though? And I'm always hesitant about the offaeason puff pieces from our media about the basketball talent. They've just always been waaaay too casual with the praise they heap on individuals for their offseason workouts. Sometimes it is legit, but more often than not it leaves fans with false impressions.

How many times have we said that, though? And I'm always hesitant about the offaeason puff pieces from our media about the basketball talent. They've just always been waaaay too casual with the praise they heap on individuals for their offseason workouts. Sometimes it is legit, but more often than not it leaves fans with false impressions.
I don’t disagree, but I’m basing my thoughts more on reports from BTO and Stoener who are usually more informed than the media. I tend to be a tap the brakes type myself but I’m getting very optimistic!

At first I was thinking 25-6 it screw it. I’m going 27-4. We will lose 1 out of conference and 3 in. I’m super excited for the year. Go Vols!

Reactions: walkenvol
Pretty bold in conference predictions considering how good Ark, Ky, Bama, and Aub will be.

I expect we lose 5-6 conference games. Overall record in neighborhood of 22-7

VN Store

Back