Official predictions thread

At first glance, I'll say 23-8. I'm still a little worried about the PG spot, but I'm going to give the staff and players the benefit of doubt.

I’m not worried as much about the PG spot during the regular season. I’m worried we’ll get an unfavorable matchup in the NCAAT that exploits our lack of PG size/depth. Seems to happen every year…we get paired with a team that matches up well to exploit our weakness and/or plays over its head.

We could be vulnerable to a team with depth and big athletic guards. Kinda like that 08 team running into Louisville in the S16.

Maybe by March, Edward’s will have developed into a solid backup to ZZ.

I’m not worried as much about the PG spot during the regular season. I’m worried we’ll get an unfavorable matchup in the NCAAT that exploits our lack of PG size/depth. Seems to happen every year…we get paired with a team that matches up well to exploit our weakness and/or plays over its head.

We could be vulnerable to a team with depth and big athletic guards. Kinda like that 08 team running into Louisville in the S16.

Maybe by March, Edward’s will have developed into a solid backup to ZZ.

I’m actually not concerned about being outmatched by teams that play “big athletic guards.” I think we can compete there this season. Phillips, Key, and JJJ can all play the 2, 3, and 4 so there is plenty to work with there depending on how the other teams lineup. Those are all big athletic guards. Obviously, Zakai would be the one weakness when it comes to size, but we were running sets last year with Chandler and ZZ both on the court at the same time. We won’t run a lineup smaller than that at all this year. We’ll be a lot bigger.

I’m actually not concerned about being outmatched by teams that play “big athletic guards.” I think we can compete there this season. Phillips, Key, and JJJ can all play the 2, 3, and 4 so there is plenty to work with there depending on how the other teams lineup. Those are all big athletic guards. Obviously, Zakai would be the one weakness when it comes to size, but we were running sets last year with Chandler and ZZ both on the court at the same time. We won’t run a lineup smaller than that at all this year. We’ll be a lot bigger.

Well, you made me feel better. I'm less concerned about the PG situation on offense because a) ZZ will play a lot of minutes and is a star on that end, and b) I think Key can spell ZZ when needed at the PG position and be a guy who can get us int our sets and initiate the offense.

That said, we're obviously going to the Final 4.

Reactions: walkenvol
14-4 SEC
WINS sec tournament over Kentucky
Number 2 seed in east behind Carolina
Wins East by beating Carolina
Cuts the nets down by beating Gonzaga by 25
Julian Phillips MOP of Final Four
JJJ, Vescovi and ZZ all tournament

Barnes get his National title retires and Kim English comes back to be head coach.

25 or 6 to 4
I see what you did there. Now the song is stuck in my head... I can hear Peter Cetera's voice ringing in my ears.

Well, it's not Saturday in the park ... but I am going with visions of loveliness ... and because I am a hopeless optomist.... another 25+ season ... so I will opt for 27-4. But does anybody really care what I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: tennrich1
I'm not really worried about ZZ being taken advantage of height wise. It will happen on occasion, but he can mitigate that with relentless hawking and pressure.
It's the foul situation that worries me ... when Santi or ZZ pick up a few quick fouls and they end up riding the pine. That is when we are going to show what our depth looks like.

Last edited:
I see what you did there. Now the song is stuck in my head... I can hear Peter Cetera's voice ringing in my ears.

Well, it's not Saturday in the park ... but I am going with visions of loveliness ... and because I am a hopeless optomist.... another 25+ season ... so I will opt for 27-4. But does anybody really care what I think.

Let Terry Kath’s wicked shredding on his Strat stick in your head instead.

Almost 3 minutes of it starting at 2:55. Oh my. Dam. Just dam. Dude is only 24 years old in the video. He was a genius.

14-4 SEC
WINS sec tournament over Kentucky
Number 2 seed in east behind Carolina
Wins East by beating Carolina
Cuts the nets down by beating Gonzaga by 25
Julian Phillips MOP of Final Four
JJJ, Vescovi and ZZ all tournament

Barnes get his National title retires and Kim English comes back to be head coach.
Loved this till the last sentence - CRB is still going strong and English isn’t proven himself yet

Hendrix said Kath was “the greatest player in the universe”. I knew BIlly. Spent a decent amount of time with him. Amazing mind in addition to being a great player. He could play every old blues player on request, like a jukebox. I watched him explain ten versions of Bo Weevil Blues to an engineer late one night. Cool human. Best tone of all time.

21-10 which sounds bad now that we’ve seen so much success but that’s a dang good season. I feel like the loss of KC is worth 3 or so losses compared to last season record. His perimeter athleticism on offense and maybe even more importantly, defense, is something we will lack this year. Still a great season and hopes for a run in the post season.
The schedule is a little easier this year

Let Terry Kath’s wicked shredding on his Strat stick in your head instead.

Almost 3 minutes of it starting at 2:55. Oh my. Dam. Just dam. Dude is only 24 years old in the video. He was a genius.

Lucky (Tom Petty )from King of The Hills favorite song . “25 or 6 to 4 by the great Chicago”

This will probably be Barnes' best all around team he has had here.

We have good depth all around for every position.

Possibly the best Tennessee team on paper that we have seen

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
People stress me out on here, we have Edwards, Key and JJJ to help at the point. You guys act like ZZZ is just going to play 5 minutes a game geez he will be at the point at least 30 minutes a game unless foul issues and we have plenty of ballhandlers.

VN Store

Back