Official participation report, South Carolina

I always like to look and see which players got in the game.

View attachment 309582
I counted 11 true freshman out of a 70 man travel squad. That’s an amazing number for a first game vs an SEC opponent.

Lots of walkons too. This should give you an idea of how many guys were either held out or less than 100% due to the virus.

I counted 10 true freshman out of a 70 man travel squad. That’s an amazing number for a first game vs an SEC opponent.

Lots of walkons too. This should give you an idea of how many guys were either held out or less than 100% due to the virus.
Yes.. And the thing is.. We haven't known how bad the virus caused disruption with the team. We knew what was told to us but not the true details. I heard on the radio this week that one player had Covid and had a difficult time with it.. I don't think the radio person was supposed to mention it because the other radio person basically stop the conversation. I hadn't heard of any having difficulty with Covid.. And rightly so, it isn't my business to know unless the players or coaches wanted us to have this information. Before the game start seeing all the players that weren't playing and hearing CJP talk into it a little more after the game.. It puts things in a little more perspective for me as I don't always see it all the first time around but will go back and revisit and put it all together.

With all that said.. Those new players had some great plays last night! Their team mates needed them and they didn't disappoint. GoVols!

Yes.. And the thing is.. We haven't known how bad the virus caused disruption with the team. We knew what was told to us but not the true details. I heard on the radio this week that one player had Covid and had a difficult time with it.. I don't think the radio person was supposed to mention it because the other radio person basically stop the conversation. I hadn't heard of any having difficulty with Covid.. And rightly so, it isn't my business to know unless the players or coaches wanted us to have this information. Before the game start seeing all the players that weren't playing and hearing CJP talk into it a little more after the game.. It puts things in a little more perspective for me as I don't always see it all the first time around but will go back and revisit and put it all together.

With all that said.. Those new players had some great plays last night! Their team mates needed them and they didn't disappoint. GoVols!
We can speculate, but I’m guessing Middleton needed the extra time to recover. Gray and McCullough aren’t 100%.

The good news is we may be getting our exposures out of the way.

I see Warren Burrell listed, but I don't recall seeing him in the game.

I thought he was out or didn't travel.

Did anybody take note of him playing?

Reactions: Lane Train 4
We can speculate, but I’m guessing Middleton needed the extra time to recover. Gray and McCullough aren’t 100%.

The good news is we may be getting our exposures out of the way.
I agree. It wasn't Middleton that was mentioned. This player played last night, so my thoughts were.. Thank goodness he recovered and I wonder how much he was set back during practice.. And how many others may have dealt with the same.. It's something I didn't fully consider until last night.

I agree. It wasn't Middleton that was mentioned. This player played last night, so my thoughts were.. Thank goodness he recovered and I wonder how much he was set back during practice.. And how many others may have dealt with the same.. It's something I didn't fully consider until last night.
McCullough was hit hard and didn’t start. Schamburger was also out for some reason. So we played George at CB, Thompson at Safety, and Slaughter at Star. That’s a lot of disruption.

Pruitt said that the Vols would play everyone that traveled. Not everyone played but they certainly got close.

You can't hold anything back!

a135b559-6170-4f35-8814-0d62f80a5a21_screenshot.jpg

Reactions: gunner

VN Store

Back