Official Nashville Predators Thread

Yeah....

Preds are on cruise control. No real money to play with unless you move someone. I expected a little more than this though.

We signed Forsberg which was important long term IMO. But we know that isn't enough, I didn't expect top shelf signings but I expected he would attempt to improve the roster. I feel like we actually lost a couple pieces we didn't make up for.

If I'm a season ticket holder or die hard fan I'm upset.

We signed Forsberg which was important long term IMO. But we know that isn't enough, I didn't expect top shelf signings but I expected he would attempt to improve the roster. I feel like we actually lost a couple pieces we didn't make up for.

If I'm a season ticket holder or die hard fan I'm upset.
They still seem to be in purgatory. This past season was the least I've paid attention to the Predators in a long time. Didn't go to many games, didn't watch many games on TV.

They still seem to be in purgatory. This past season was the least I've paid attention to the Predators in a long time. Didn't go to many games, didn't watch many games on TV.
Since I moved to southern mid TN I haven't been able to watch on tv. Don't get Bally's and I'm not paying to stream it. My internet isn't great thought anyway.

Preds are rumored to be one of 5 teams Matthew tkachuk would sign long term with. He is on the trade block! Preds should throw the kitchen sink at Calgary

I want to believe. Poile is very aggressive with trades but idk if we have the firepower for Calgary to make it work.
Make it work. Dude is 24. Nashville wont be bad enough to get a player of his caliber for a long time IMO*

*they’ll be JUST good enough to contend and never have a top pick.

Reactions: Gzearl11
Make it work. Dude is 24. Nashville wont be bad enough to get a player of his caliber for a long time IMO*

*they’ll be JUST good enough to contend and never have a top pick.
I completely get that. My fear is it locks us in another massive contract. And with all the top money we are lying out. It leaves no room for depth. I think you have to try to trade RyJo out and free up a little room, to make some room for this trade to happen.

Why don't Calgary's stars want to re-sign there?

Both Gaudreau and Tkachuk essentially preemptively have said they didn't want to re-sign there, even before they had heard other team's offers.

Last edited:
Why don't Calgary's stars want to re-sign there?

Both Gaudreau and Tkachuk essentially preemptively have said they didn't want to re-sign there, even before they had heard other team's offers.
They are US players and they want out of Canada. The restrictions up there since Covid are borderline communist.

They are US players and they want out of Canada. The restrictions up there since Covid are borderline communist.
Ah, didn't even think about that angle. Do they really think those restrictions will persist for years though? Are they making a long-term decision based on a short-term thing?

I get that governments like control, but ultimately if commercial considerations are hurt by it, they'll loosen the restrictions.

Ah, didn't even think about that angle. Do they really think those restrictions will persist for years though? Are they making a long-term decision based on a short-term thing?

I get that governments like control, but ultimately if commercial considerations are hurt by it, they'll loosen the restrictions.
Who knows how long the restrictions will last? Maybe they won’t be short term. They were already forced to get vaccinated in order to play in Canada. Maybe that was enough.

Canada will not allow anyone into the country without being vaccinated. Currently players of MLB teams that are not vaccinated and choose to not get vaccinated are sitting out games being played in Canada.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Who knows how long the restrictions will last? Maybe they won’t be short term. They were already forced to get vaccinated in order to play in Canada. Maybe that was enough.

Canada will not allow anyone into the country without being vaccinated. Currently players of MLB teams that are not vaccinated and choose to not get vaccinated are sitting out games being played in Canada.
US won't allow anyone not vaccinated either no? That's why Djokovic can't come to the US.

VN Store

Back