Official Nashville Predators Thread

Source: Canadiens' Weber could miss next year

here is some possible salary cap problems looming for the Preds. We have to get Duchene or Johansan off the books. If we do have to carry the salary cap hit. We would be carrying 6.9 million in two players who don't play here for the next 5 years.
That's kind of wild that the Preds would still take a hit because we originally gave him the contract. Montreal took him and his contract when he was traded...why are the Preds still responsible for any cap hit?

That's kind of wild that the Preds would still take a hit because we originally gave him the contract. Montreal took him and his contract when he was traded...why are the Preds still responsible for any cap hit?
It was put in as way to stop massively frontloaded contracts as a way to gimmick cap hits. Of course the out clause now is to just bury him on LTIR annually until the contract ends.

It was put in as way to stop massively frontloaded contracts as a way to gimmick cap hits. Of course the out clause now is to just bury him on LTIR annually until the contract ends.
Yeah I get why it's there...I just think it's weird that Nashville takes some of that cap hit too even though they held on to no money when they traded Weber to Montreal.

Will be interesting to see glass and Tomassino on the same line in the future. I feel like them two are the foundation for the future.
I don't know that Glass can ever be a bona fide 2nd liner. He is just missing something. Of course good things can happen with more opportunity

Reactions: Gzearl11

VN Store

Back