Official Nashville Predators Thread

Johansen & Duchene will be left unprotected for the expansion draft.

Granlund and Haula are cheap rentals for a contender. They'll be moved but we won't get more than draft picks.

Unless we could get Josi to remove his NMC, Ekholm will be left unprotected for the expansion draft so he'll traded prior and he should bring a very nice return.

I just can't see us moving Forsberg. The return would have to be HUGE.
I think it would be though. There are contending teams who would trade multiple prospects (not draft picks, but prospects) for Forsberg. He's cheap relative to how good he is and would be under contract during the 2021-22 season as well, so not just a rental. He's really the only guy we've got that I think would yield the return that a lot of fans want.

The issue with trading Forsberg is that it would be really, really unpopular among the fans, even if the return was considerable. There would be a ton of "why did we trade Forsberg and not Johansen/Duchene/Ellis/etc." talk because most fans don't understand or know about contracts.

Outside of Forsberg and Josi, the only current player that would yield a nice return is Ekholm. Everybody else is just a rental for a contender (Granlund and Haula like you mentioned) or un-moveable because of the contract + age. I wonder what the interest in Arvidsson might be; he's under contract for 4 more years, but it is more manageable than some other guys ($4.25m/year) and he's only 27. I also wonder if his hard-charging style and lack of size might have caused him to lose a step.

I think it would be though. There are contending teams who would trade multiple prospects (not draft picks, but prospects) for Forsberg. He's cheap relative to how good he is and would be under contract during the 2021-22 season as well, so not just a rental. He's really the only guy we've got that I think would yield the return that a lot of fans want.

The issue with trading Forsberg is that it would be really, really unpopular among the fans, even if the return was considerable. There would be a ton of "why did we trade Forsberg and not Johansen/Duchene/Ellis/etc." talk because most fans don't understand or know about contracts.

Outside of Forsberg and Josi, the only current player that would yield a nice return is Ekholm. Everybody else is just a rental for a contender (Granlund and Haula like you mentioned) or un-moveable because of the contract + age. I wonder what the interest in Arvidsson might be; he's under contract for 4 more years, but it is more manageable than some other guys ($4.25m/year) and he's only 27. I also wonder if his hard-charging style and lack of size might have caused him to lose a step.
Something has. He's not the same player

Reactions: Gzearl11

Yea he isn’t the same player at all. Two years ago he almost got 30 goals. Has he even scored this year? I’m a big fan of his but he has lost a step and now without that speed he is just another Rocco

Can someone explain how Askarov's contract situation works? His KHL contract has 2 more years. Once that is over, do the Preds have exclusive rights to negotiate with him or something? Not that he likely would want to, but could he change his mind at that point and re-sign with a KHL team?
He needs to fulfill his ELC with Nashville when/if he comes to North America. Of course he can also re sign with SKA if that's what he elected to do, or they could release him to go to Nashville with a similar deal in reverse, he's their property if he comes back.

He needs to fulfill his ELC with Nashville when/if he comes to North America. Of course he can also re sign with SKA if that's what he elected to do, or they could release him to go to Nashville with a similar deal in reverse, he's their property if he comes back.
I think he is only like 18 years old so if he comes over here at 20 we have 10 years at least with him being the man hopefully. They are calling him the best goalie prospect inSome time

I will say if we do trade foresburg we better get the kings ransom.... guy just dominates

Not to all hfboards here, but Florida is a fit. They'll be out of your division next year.

Doesn't start without Lundell, Owen Tippett and a 2022 #1. 2021 draft will be a mess without league wide play, teams will be drafting above or below their legitimate placing.

I think the Nashville market is sound enough to where the fanbase will get it if they send out a letter a la the Rangers that they're in a bad spot and need to overhaul. Bribe Seattle with a pick to take one of the underperforming centers and hope for lottery luck.

VN Store

Back