*OFFICIAL* March Madness Game Discussion Thread

TheMookieMonster

So, the mods can feel free to delete this if they'd like, but this board has become very cluttered with all of the new posters here celebrating our BasketVols big championship! I figured it might be nice to have a centralized place to chat about the games, rather than spreading comments out across 15 different threads. We can still create individual game threads for Tennessee, but this can be for everything else.

I'll get the ball rolling.....

Wyoming and Indiana are proving why neither team probably deserved to be in this tournament. Some truly painful basketball.

Wow, the sideline reporter asks Mike Woodson what he would say he to his mentor, Bobby Knight and he replies, "I love the hell out of him and he is probably the greatest coach, ever". I know a lot of people don't like Knight, but ever since I read "A Season on the Brink", I've loved him, too

These "Play In Games" are just stupid . . . either it is truly 68 teams or 64 . . . At this point, just call it 68 team tournament and be done with it . . .

Reactions: cardvolfan
These "Play In Games" are just stupid . . . either it is truly 68 teams or 64 . . . At this point, just call it 68 team tournament and be done with it . . .

Agreed. But, it's all about the money, so I wouldn't be shocked if the tournament eventually expands again. It's not a better product at 68 teams than it was 64. I don't even watch the "First Four" because all 4 of the games are matchups of bad teams.

Bama plays to the to the level of competition moreso than anyone I've ever seen.
They are just as likely to lose their first game as they are to beat the 1 seed. I have them losing in the first round but if they actually make it past the first weekend, I could see them going far, but again, I don’t see them making out of the first weekend.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My final four :
Texas Tech vs UCLA
Tennessee vs Kansas
Final : Tennessee vs UCLA
Everybody sleeping 😴 on these two teams . Guard play wins Nattys
Tennessee wins a nail biter vs UCLA

Reactions: Rocky Volboa
Not watching this game. Has Peter Kiss done any ridiculous hot dogging
Kiss came close to his average, while putting up over 20 shots. I watched most of it - no obvious hot dogging. He did stick out his tongue once; I guess he’s trying to emulate the guy on the band KISS.

I’m probably the only one in the country that thinks Georgia State has a shot to beat Gonzaga. To many people picking the zags to win it all so there’s no pressure on Georgia State. I also think Chattanooga beats Illinois.

Reactions: Caculator
Agreed. But, it's all about the money, so I wouldn't be shocked if the tournament eventually expands again. It's not a better product at 68 teams than it was 64. I don't even watch the "First Four" because all 4 of the games are matchups of bad teams.

I get what you’re saying but UCLA/Mich St was a good matchup last year. We played Iowa a few years ago enroute to a sweet 16. At least two teams have made the final 4 from the first 4 so there is some intrigue.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Both teams are shooting really well, but Rutgers looks much better than I was expecting. That center they have is huge. ND has several guys that can get to the basket in the blink of an eye. Looks like this game is going to be more interesting than I thought.

That Rutgers shot at the end of regulation was horrific. Dribbled 15 seconds off the clock just to take a step back fade away instead of getting to the rim and maybe getting to the foul line.

VN Store

Back