Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

I've always said if you're season ends up meriting the WNIT, that's where you should play. You're not "too good for it" if your record warrants it, regardless of your program history.

That said, I wouldn't want them to accept the bid this year. No possibility a lottery pick with a recent history of injury plays in that tourney just before the draft. And playing it without her is not likely to do anything but add fuel to the fire and be further discouraging.
Fingers crossed, this is all a moot discussion!

I'm not thriIled that the Vandy game will be our third of next week, and that we'll be going into it fresh off most probably getting our faces smeared in it by So Car. That is a super dangerous game for us, although they didn't seem to match up w us very well here.

I wonder if Jewel has ever played at Vandy with that super weird shooting background?

Vanderbilt vs Tennessee could be a play in game loser might done.
When was the last time that game matter like it might when they play.?
That’s why it’s time for her to go should never be competing with most of those teams like vandy ect. for ncaa tournament bid

its simply not done
in P5 schools it is alright to accept an NIT offer if your are in the first couple of seasons (A coaching rebuild for example),,,,we're beyond that...Time to see results

This is the Tennessee Lady Vols,,,.
Some things are beneath us
and it needs to stay that way

Projected top ten pre-season,,,with a WNBA lottery pick on the floor
heck No,
You don't reward that from
that!
This is not and should not be a fan or a coach decision. Let the Ladies decide what they want to do as a team.

Games to watch 2/10/24, We want the bolded team to win.

Green Bay vs. IUPUI 🔴
Michigan vs Rutgers 🔴
Villanova vs Marquette 🔴
Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
There’s no way that we should be hoping the teams need to win/lose so it helps to get into the ncaa tournament. It’s embarrassing for UT athletics and all the supporters

Reactions: Majors
Games to watch 2/11/24, We want the bolded team to win.

Nebraska vs Iowa 🔴 🔴 (Double bad. Nebraska's win over #2 Iowa likely cements their status in the tournament)
Kentucky vs Texas AM 🔴
Michigan vs Rutgers 🔴
Georgia
vs Vanderbilt 🔴
Missouri vs Auburn 🔴
Illinois vs Maryland 🔴
Washington vs California ✅ now at 3-9 in conference play, this loss will remove Washington (first four out) from contention
Richmond vs George Washington 🔴
Dayton
vs George Mason 🔴

Last edited:
This is not and should not be a fan or a coach decision. Let the Ladies decide what they want to do as a team.

It should only be a coach decision.

Agree to both. I think the decision to accept an NIT bid would tell you if Danny White was going to make a change. Accept a bid = Kellie is back. No bid = expect a change.

If we do not make the NCAA tournament there is no question of a needed coaching change, heck my par is the elite eight.

As for the NIT there is no reason to penalize these ladies for legacies, prestige, pride from us , coaches or administration. Let them decide. This is all opinion based, no right or wrong answer and hopefully we are wasting time discussing it but here we are.

BIG win for the LV's. That final score will look huge for comparison to Arkansas (fellow bubble team) if it comes down to us versus them. At 8-3 (SEC) we are now guaranteed to be .500 in league play. Traditionally, that would almost certainly guarantee a NCAA berth. The game Thursday against SC is moot at this point. All eyes turn towards Vandy on Sunday. A win then, and our odds shoot up to > 80% of making the Big Dance. We are so close! Lets go Lady Vols!

BIG win for the LV's. That final score will look huge for comparison to Arkansas (fellow bubble team) if it comes down to us versus them. At 8-3 (SEC) we are now guaranteed to be .500 in league play. Traditionally, that would almost certainly guarantee a NCAA berth. The game Thursday against SC is moot at this point. All eyes turn towards Vandy on Sunday. A win then, and our odds shoot up to > 80% of making the Big Dance. We are so close! Lets go Lady Vols!
I am not conceding our home game. Maybe WC is rubbing off on me….

You NegaVols need to wake up.

RJ going drop a 40 burger on the kickin Chickens
Fear The Spear is going show Pao Pao who the real SEC Newcomer is .

Just a sample of what's coming and when Coop and Boyd play next season .

It will be Coop De Loop .

Lady Vols fixing to rule SEC

Go Big 🍊
Knox out mic drop .

You NegaVols need to wake up.

RJ going drop a 40 burger on the kickin Chickens
Fear The Spear is going show Pao Pao who the real SEC Newcomer is .

Just a sample of what's coming and when Coop and Boyd play next season .

It will be Coop De Loop .

Lady Vols fixing to rule SEC

Go Big 🍊
Knox out mic drop .
I see you 👀 poking da bear… 🤣🤣

…I thought we had agreed to behave over here where the forum participants are kinder and gentler… 😉

Reactions: knoxvol52
TN should remain last 4 with byes after beating ARK. I suspect a loss to SC, but if we keep it within 12 points, and make it competitive, that can give us a boost. We must beat VANDY to remain in the last 4.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Defeat A&M, Vanderbilt and LSU.

Lady Vols should be in tournament comfortably.

Looking at a 8 or 9 seed just hope for a 7 seed path of least resistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volstylexx

VN Store

Back